The Coming Main Event

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
How many understand the coming main event in the last days is the setting up of a world king over all... nations in place of our Lord Jesus Christ?

How many understand that plan involves joining all nations into a world-wide 'kingdom', with a pagan king?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I understand it but i think that the passages where this is discussed are misinturpreted

I would definitely agree with that, most all of the Scripture passages about that false king are often misinterpreted according to men's traditions instead of how it's written in simplicity.

PropphecyStudent

Jan 6, 2012
I understand that if one cannot resolve historically fulfilled prophecies, that they probably are equally equipped for solving future prophecies.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Well, I believe that the whole "end times" are mostly from revelation which is most likely talking about what has already happened.

You know, there's a whole lot of Bible prophecy first written back in the Old Testament prophets that still... has yet to be fulfilled today?

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
You know, there's a whole lot of Bible prophecy first written back in the Old Testament prophets that still... has yet to be fulfilled today?

All of the prophets except Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi prophesied before Judah's return to the land of Israel. And all of the prophets prophesied before Messiah. Therefore, the post-captivity restoration of Judah, and the restoration of all Israel in the Messiah at Pentecost must be considered when evaluating prophetic fulfillment. Context is everything.

Can you provide a comprehensive list of bible prophecies yet to be fulfilled that cannot be considered to have already been fulfilled in the restoration of Judah to the land of Israel and all Israel in the Messiah at Pentecost? A verse list will suffice as opposed to listing the verses themselves.

PropphecyStudent

Jan 6, 2012
All of the prophets except Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi prophesied before Judah's return to the land of Israel. And all of the prophets prophesied before Messiah. Therefore, the post-captivity restoration of Judah, and the restoration of all Israel in the Messiah at Pentecost must be considered when evaluating prophetic fulfillment. Context is everything.

Can you provide a comprehensive list of bible prophecies yet to be fulfilled that cannot be considered to have already been fulfilled in the restoration of Judah to the land of Israel and all Israel in the Messiah at Pentecost? A verse list will suffice as opposed to listing the verses themselves.

Hi HeRose...,

Certainly I would like to see anyone's list and also provide what I am willing to defend, however your request is confusing. First of all you apparently define the significance of prophecies as pertaining to ancient times (Judah's return to the land of Israel), instead a modern point of reference, say for example, ~the Jews returning to Israel~. -- The latter would seem to better maintain context with veteran's comment, the context of this Topic, and per my request that any prognostication be tempered with a corresponding most-recent fulfillment.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

The post-captivity restoration of Judah today is an error in interpretation. It is yet to occur today.

Biblically cannot have the restoration of the 'house of Judah' without the restoration of the 'house of Israel' along with them, for that's how the restoration is written in Scripture like Ezekiel 37, God even being specific with pointing to two separate 'sticks' being joined together, with one put for Judah, and the other put for the house of Joseph (ten tribes). Even many Jewish rabbi recognize that Biblical fact.

Another thing, I refuse to be cow-tied with not posting Scripture examples as I see fit, especially when that is exactly how to prove just what the Scripture context is, for all to see. So if you think to be able to refute that first example I give of Ezek.37, expect to start seeing me post the literal text example, as with others as I see fit.

The context of my original post is about the end time coming of a false king, not the restoration of Israel per OT Scripture.

HeRoseFromTheDead and ProphecyStudent, why are you wanting to leave that original subject of this thread?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I was following you.

Yeah, in a way, I guess you were, but actually from ProphecyStudent's leading, since he further advocated OT prophecy by my response to Justinian. My response about a lot of OT prophecy yet to be fulfilled was towards Justinian's supposition about NT prophecy being fulfilled per his post #5.

PropphecyStudent

Jan 6, 2012
HeRoseFromTheDead and ProphecyStudent, why are you wanting to leave that original subject of this thread?

I've requested in multiple Topics that any prognostication be accompanied with an historical context (i.e., most recent fufillment). So it's not about leaving the subject, but simply assuring the context of the subject.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I've requested in multiple Topics that any prognostication be accompanied with an historical context (i.e., most recent fufillment). So it's not about leaving the subject, but simply assuring the context of the subject.

Your request isn't valid, since not all Bible prophecy is historical just yet. If you say it is, then that's men's false doctrines of Preterism, which the Full version supposes Christ's second coming and His future thousand years reign as already having begun today.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO!.... I beleve your first statment is true, and well established....... and I don't know why anyone would argue with it.... I more then most people know beyond any doubt that Jesus will return in my life time.....I don't know how to take a quote from another thread and place it in this one. So if you want to take the time to go to the welcome forum and click on ( Pompadour ) near the bottom of the page, soon to be on page 2 you can read what the Holy Spirit told me when I was 10yrs old, so you can know why I am so certain.
Pomp.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
NO!.... I beleve your first statment is true, and well established....... and I don't know why anyone would argue with it.... I more then most people know beyond any doubt that Jesus will return in my life time.....I don't know how to take a quote from another thread and place it in this one. So if you want to take the time to go to the welcome forum and click on ( Pompadour ) near the bottom of the page, soon to be on page 2 you can read what the Holy Spirit told me when I was 10yrs old, so you can know why I am so certain.
Pomp.

Yeah, I read that. Very interesting. I've had a strong inner leading that our Lord Jesus' return is going to be in my generation too, but not like the experience you had. That's when I got down to in-depth Bible study too.

PropphecyStudent

Jan 6, 2012
Your request isn't valid, since not all Bible prophecy is historical just yet. If you say it is, then that's men's false doctrines of Preterism, which the Full version supposes Christ's second coming and His future thousand years reign as already having begun today.

My request is absolutely valid. You've proposed future prophetic expectations, and I've asked that you bracket them with the most recent prophetic fulfillment. So where hindsight is 20/20, this should be a snap for anyone. However, you have not responded to such a simple request, and leave your audience without a basis for your presumed expertise in prophecy topics.

As such, I once again request that you first of all define where we are today prophetically, and then having established your proficiency, then proceed to propose your future expectations.

ProphecyStudent

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Still no one to comment on those questions about the coming pseudo-Christ?

(Judaizers are of course going to be ommited in that, since that pseudo-Christ is specifically being prepared for them to bow in false worshp to).