The covenant and the building of the temple

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Matthew 24:15 states that the AC will enter the “holy place”
of the yet to be built temple and claim to be God. This event marks the start of the GT. In order to do this, however, the temple
construction would have to begin prior to the AC’s desecration of the
temple. I know there is much debate
about if and where the temple will be built.

Let’s assume for discussions sake that the temple will be
built and it’s construction will be where the Dome of the Rock now stands. In order for this to happen the Muslim world
would have to somehow (forcibly /peaceably) agree to the removal of the
Dome. This agreement would require the
signing of a formal document/treaty/covenant of some kind.

Now, the peace process between Israel and the Palestinians
has been stuck on the same square for decades with no solution in sight. This implies that an event (or act of
aggression) has to occur which get’s both sides off the stalemate and into a
serious peace agreement.

Daniel 9:27 states that the final “seven” begins with the
confirmation of a covenant. Now, Israel
has signed many treaties and accords with no end in sight.

My question: Could the covenant in Dan9:27 and a peace treaty
between Israel and the Muslims (which includes the building of the temple where
the dome now stands) be one in the same?

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
guysmith said:
My question: Could the covenant in Dan9:27 and a peace treaty
between Israel and the Muslims (which includes the building of the temple where
the dome now stands) be one in the same?
No because the covenant in Daniel 9 refers to the new covenant confirmed with Israel nearly two millenia ago.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, ChristRoseFromTheDead.

ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
No because the covenant in Daniel 9 refers to the new covenant confirmed with Israel nearly two millenia ago.
Nope. That's where YOU'VE made your mistake! It's not the "New Covenant"; it's the DAVIDIC Covenant! It's about the MESSIAH and His right to reign, not about the justification of individuals!

I find it EXTREMELY ironic for you to adhere to the New Covenant when it was SPECIFICALLY made for the houses of Isra'el and Y'hudah!

Jeremiah 31:31-37
31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
35 Thus saith the Lord, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The Lord of hosts is his name:
36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the Lord, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
37 Thus saith the Lord; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the Lord.
KJV

No, this is not the same "covenant" that Gavri'el was talking about.

Oh, HEY! That sounds an awful lot like Romans 11:26-29, don't ya think?

Romans 11:26-29
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
KJV

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
You're delusion RB, and a false teacher. The Davidic covenant was made with David. Jesus cut a new covenant with the house of Israel. And no it is not ironic because I am grafted into that house. Forgiveness now flows from the temple in heaven to all men, not from the earthly jerusalem any more.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Guysmith,

Lot of things would have to change as to how they are today. The orthodox Jews in Jerusalem that plan to build a third temple are certain the first and second temples were positioned where the Dome of The Rock sits. (see -

http://www.templemountfaithful.org/Articles/temple-location.htm )

For the third temple to be built where the Dome of The Rock stands, it probably would require a war to sieze that area of the temple mount, and the Israeli government and U.N. would have to be on board. I don't see their support for that scenario. Otherwise, God would have to allow a small group of orthodox Jews in Jerusalem to overcome the power of not only the Arab world, but the United Nations collective also. I don't see prophecy pointing to that scenario either.

The orthodox Jews were solid in 2002 that the third temple could only be built where the Dome of The Rock stands. They felt that's a requirement in order for God to recognize a third temple in Jerusalem. Problem is, we know God will not recognize a third temple where the coming pseudo-Christ is to appear as God, and demand to be worshipped as God. That is the Bible prophecy concerning the fate of the next built temple in Jerusalem. Orthodox Jews beieve they are building Ezekiel's temple. We as Christians know it will not be Ezekiel's temple, simply because the layout in the Book of Ezekiel goes beyond what the Jews are capable of building. So there's a little fibbing going on within their leadership, as some of them probably well know the Ezekiel temple layout for Christ Messiah's future Milennium covers a much broader area in the holy land itself. Now some of those orthodox Jews are saying Messiah's coming is not required to build God's temple, which is another little fib (http://www.templemountfaithful.org/News/build_the_temple_now_no_need_to%20wait_for_the-messiah.htm ).

So if they are willing to apply those modifications of Bible prophecy to get their third temple built, then I think they will be willing to accept an international agreement to let them build it elsewhere on the temple mount, not disturbing the Dome of The Rock. That's the scenario I propose will occur. Some Islamic clerics already recognize Israel's history in Jerusalem with an established temple. They are not all violently against it. Those show willing alignment with Internationalist agreements for Jerusalem. It's the radicals of Islam who are trying to prevent the Internationalist's workings for Jerusalem, not all of Islam. And it's the non-violent leaders of Islam that are more likely to agree to let the Jews build their third temple.

Per Daniel 11, the "vile person" will make a "league" in Jerusalem and conquer with an army. That's the covenant of Dan.9:27 and the one who makes it, and then places the abomination that makes desolate per Dan.11:31.

Daniel 11 shows that "vile person" will come to power with "a small people", and will have intelligence with those who forsake the holy covenant. I believe that is pointing to his league, and will be made through Internationalists like the U.N. body that those fibbing orthodox Jewish leaders in Jerualem will agree to.

My main point is that this third temple will not be recognized by God because He is sending the unbelieving Jews a false one they will believe on because of their rejection of His Son (John 5:43; 2 Thess.2:2-10). So it not being located where the first and second temples were, which He did recognize, it would make sense.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, ChristRoseFromTheDead.

Nope. That's where YOU'VE made your mistake! It's not the "New Covenant"; it's the DAVIDIC Covenant! It's about the MESSIAH and His right to reign, not about the justification of individuals!
You nailed it Retro

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
guysmith said:
Matthew 24:15 states that the AC will enter the “holy place”
of the yet to be built temple and claim to be God.
Matthew 24:2 tells us that Jesus is talking about Herod's temple, not a "yet to be built temple." Nor can it be conceived how a temple built for/by the antichrist, or by anyone who does not accept Jesus, would be a holy place.

Start with a solid biblical foundation before you build your theology.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
guysmith said:
Let’s assume for discussions sake that the temple will be
built and it’s construction will be where the Dome of the Rock now stands. In order for this to happen the Muslim world
would have to somehow (forcibly /peaceably) agree to the removal of the
Dome. This agreement would require the
signing of a formal document/treaty/covenant of some kind.
That has been the speculation throughout the years Guy.

But here is what will actually happen:

God will blow the Muslim nations so far out into the desert they will not cause problems for a long time

Many of the citizens in the surrounding nations will see the obvious hand of of the miraculous in this undertaking and will dump Allah , then begin to worship, serve, and obey The Jewish God .... and live together in peace with their Jewish cousins

The ferocity of this action will scare the crap out of many other nations and they will come crawling to Israel wanting the peace agreement. Not the other way around.

This is what will happen next.

This occurs well before the end-times tribulations and Armageddons.

God Himself will be the author of these actions .... and he will do it for his own reasons and his Holy name.

He lets the world know that the Jewish God is the only one , and he is still in charge , and Israel is His covenant nation , and the rest of the world better pay attention.

The LORD will rule from ZION

Most of the Christians will be flabbergasted .... not all ..... but most.

The flabbergasted ones will have to scurry back to their bibles and read those predictions for themselves

Then they get it.

It is easy to spot the Christians who will be flabbergasted ... for 1900 years they have lead themselves to believe that they are Israel

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
“‘No longer will the people of Israel have malicious neighbors who are painful briers and sharp thorns. Then they will know that I am the Sovereign Lord.

“‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: When I gather the people of Israel from the nations where they have been scattered, I will be proved holy through them in the sight of the nations. Then they will live in their own land, which I gave to my servant Jacob.

They will live there in safety and will build houses and plant vineyards; they will live in safety when I inflict punishment on all their neighbors who maligned them. Then they will know that I am the Lord their God.’”