The Cross

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Cross

There are many in the world, atheists, certain historians, and Hollywood celebrities that have all done their best to slander the Cross of Jesus Christ and what He accomplished there. The Cross is what turns a person’s world upright. To hate the Cross is to destroy one’s self.

Here are some reasons the Cross is hated:

-Because it killed the Law of Moses. “Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross” (Col. 2:14).

-The Cross stands in contrast to many things believers do to be religious, things like water baptism (1 Cor. 1:17), good works, church membership, giving lots of money, and erecting buildings. “So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ” (1 Cor. 1.7).

-The Cross became an enigma to a religion that has followed it for over 2,000 years.

-The Cross is hated because God saw the sacrifice Jesus made there would give Him the right to birth His own children.

- At the Cross, God accomplished the final part of His plan to offer salvation by grace. God saw that now no one would go to Hell or have to be separated from Him because of what they did to Him in their sinful lives.

Even before sin entered the world, the Cross was already the focus of God’s plan. “But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you”
(1 Peter 1:19–20).

All believers became spiritual beings because of the Cross. “But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit” (1 Cor. 6:17).

The Cross made it possible for all born-again believers to be in Christ.The Father graciously allowed every human to share in Christ’s death so that their old upside down life is dead, just as dead as Christ was on the cross. The Cross started a second existence, a second life for humanity. The Cross does away with anything a human, within himself, could do to please God. It is most difficult for modern theologians to accept that there are at least two gospels in the New Testament, one before the Cross and one after the Cross.

The word cross is mentioned in the Four Gospels only as an historical event. It is mentioned three times in Acts and never as salvation. On the Day of Pentecost, Peter, full of the Holy Spirit, did not preach the Cross but accused the Jews of murdering Christ (Acts 2). Cross is mentioned once in John’s Revelation. Paul, the man who had the final gospel from Christ, gives at least six references to the Cross and its salvation.

God is not in the business of fixing old lives, bringing them from a life of sin to a life of righteousness. God’s plan is simple, to do away with the old life—“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live
by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me” (Gal. 2:20).

And place a new life in the human “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new” (2 Cor. 5:17).
The only way to exist in the upside down world is to let Christ be your only life. The Cross is where it all starts.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The cross is also hated because those who come to it, must humble themselves and ask for what they cannot do.
That man with all his cleverness cannot save himself is repugnant to every unsaved soul.

Reactions: soul man