THE DAY OF PENTECOST BEGINS Saturday, May 27, 2023 at sundown ENDS Sunday, May 28, 2023 at sundown.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Day of Pentecost.

Leviticus 23:9 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 10 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the first fruits of your harvest unto the priest: 11 And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the Sabbath the priest shall wave it.

When you come into the land and reap the harvest you shall bring a sheaf of the first fruits to the priest and he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted. Before anyone could partake of it the Lord had to accept it first.

Leviticus 23:12 And ye shall offer that day when ye wave the sheaf an he lamb without blemish of the first year for a burnt offering unto the LORD.

This should sound familiar. Notice what was to be offered? A he lamb without blemish or a perfect lamb and it also had to be the first born.

Leviticus 23:14 And ye shall eat neither bread, nor parched corn, nor green ears, until the selfsame day that ye have brought an offering unto your God: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.

You are not to partake of anything until the Lord accepts the offering. This shall be a statute forever throughout your generations.

Leviticus 23:15 And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the Sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven Sabbaths shall be complete: 16 Even unto the morrow after the seventh Sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD.

After the priest waves the sheaf, which will fall on the weekly Sabbath (Saturday), you must count 7 Sabbaths, this equals 49 days. Once you arrive at the 7th Sabbath add the next day after and you will have the day of Pentecost, which always falls on Sunday. Pentecost simply means fifty.

Leviticus 23:17 Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals: they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the first fruits unto the LORD.

Notice what the verse states, "two wave loaves they shall be baken with leaven". Seven weeks later we must have leaven? Remember the Feast of Unleavened Bread, we are not allowed to have leaven. This represents the first fruit from among men, or in other words the first resurrection. The reason leaven is evolve, there is no man born of women that has no sin. If we haven't committed a physical sin, we have committed some type of sin in our minds. No one is clean except Jesus that is why He is called the Holy One of Israel.

How long should we observe this day?

Leviticus 23:21 “And ye shall proclaim on the selfsame day, that it may be an holy convocation unto you: ye shall do no servile work therein: it shall be a statute for ever in all your dwellings throughout your generations.”

It shall be observed forever, no servile work shall be done on this day and you must have a holy gathering. These High and Holy Days are not a request, they are commandments.

Let's go into Acts chapter 2 and see what day all of Israel was keeping when the spirit of God fell on the brethren and they were speaking their own language, but the other brothers from all over the known world understood them. Remember what you are about to read is after the death of Jesus. This will let you know we are still to observe these days. Pay close attention and see what Pentecost is about.

Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

These Israelites weren't tarrying for the Holy Ghost. They were there observing the day of Pentecost. They were simply keeping the Law the Lord gave our forefathers in the wilderness. Thousands of years, later Peter and all the other Israelites that were present were simply keeping the Day of Pentecost.

Acts 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting. 3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

This rushing mighty wind John chapter 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. (born of the spirit). Cloven tongues like as fire Psalms 104:4 “Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire

Let's continue.

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. 5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

Notice what it says Jews out of every nation. Why were they in Jerusalem? Because it was the Law. This Law is for everyone not only Israel, but for all the sons of Adam. One God One Law for all.

Acts 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. 7 And they were all amazed and marveled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? 8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

Notice what's being said. The multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. They were all amazed and marveled. Why were they amazed? Because Peter and the Apostles were Galileans, and the entire multitude understood them when they spoke in their own language.

Nowhere within these verses does it say, "Peter and the Apostles began to babble or run across the back of chairs. Where does it state, "they began to gyrate fall down on the floor and scream GLORAAAAY! The book doesn't state this anywhere. The verses state understanding not confusion.

The word Pentecost simply means fifty that's all. But we have people who have built entire doctrines around this word. All the yelling, screaming, and babbling are done in vain. In other words it's all for nothing.

It was the angels who did the interpreting. The "rushing mighty wind and the cloven tongues of fire" were simply angels. Peter was doing the talking and the angles interpreted. An example of this is the United Nation. Let's say the Russian ambassador stood up to speak. He would speak in his native tongue but each dignitary would understand him. How? They would have an interpreter speaking to them through a ear piece. But in Peter's and the apostle’s case, the angels did the interpreting

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's continue.

Acts 2:11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

Notice it states, "We do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God." No confusion, simply understanding.

Acts 2:12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, “What meaneth this?” 13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine. 14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: 15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

If you have ever seen someone drunk the person can barely speak their own language.

Now pay close attention to the next set of verses. Let's find out what the 50th day (Pentecost) is about.

Acts 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; 17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: 19 And I will show wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke: 20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

Peter said this is what the Prophet Joel spoke about. This Prophecy will take place in the last days. We are in the last day’s sisters and brothers and this will take place not to far down in the future. Take a look at the 20th verse; it gives us a sign of the day of the Lord. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come. This Prophecy was called thousands of years before Jesus came in the flesh. Let us take a look at the Prophet Joel.

Joel 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: 29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. 30 And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. 31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

Joel and Peter were aware of this day. Now let's see what time this will take place. Let's go to Revelation the 6th chapter.

Revelation 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

What time will this take place? Peter said the Prophet Joel talked about this and they also said this is the day of the Lord. The day of Pentecost is more than just a regular day, it is the Day of the Lord's return.

Let's finish this chapter in Revelation.

Revelation 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. 14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. 15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; 16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

This is when Jesus will return and take the earth down by force. This will all take place in the year of Pentecost. Pentecost will be the year the Lord will return.