"the desolate hath many more children"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 23:37-38
[37] O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! [38] Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Man's house of works is left desolate.
Brought down and made desolate by Christ. A bill of divorcement is given. The flesh bearest not but is barren. Can God cause that which is barren to conceive and bring forth fruit? What about Sarah's womb of flesh that was barren, dead of old age, and would not conceive. A miracle of promise comes and that which was once barren and unfruitful, conceives LIFE by the Spirit of God. No longer work of the Flesh. But the work of the Holy Spirit. God's work alone. God has done it, as He said He would from the beginning.

Romans 7:2-6
[2] For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. [3] So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man. [4] Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. [5] For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. [6] But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Galatians 4:27
[27] For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

Desolation comes upon the works of man. God tills the desolate ground and causes it, what was once dead, to bear fruit unto LIFE.

Ezekiel 36:33-38
[33] Thus saith the Lord God ; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded. [34] And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by. [35] And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited. [36] Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the Lord build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate: I the Lord have spoken it , and I will do it . [37] Thus saith the Lord God ; I will yet for this be enquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them; I will increase them with men like a flock. [38] As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I am the Lord.

In the same way when our own crop of good works of the flesh are destroyed and are made desolate; Rejoice! God tills the desolate ground and sows good seed and brings forth good fruit unto life. A new harvest. What was once unfruitful and barren, bears the fruit of, not man's work and mans sin...

but the miracle of promise: the spiritual fruit of God.

Last edited:
Reactions: quietthinker