The Direct And Inverse Proportionality of Holiness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A man's beautiful young daughter was kidnapped by a psychopath and brutally raped and tortured repeatedly. After he'd finally had enough of her, he shot her dead and dumped her body. The police eventually caught him and dragged him before a judge. The judge said, "What you've done is wicked beyond comprehension, now don't you ever do it again - case dismissed, off you go" and pounded his gavel. The family was devastated as they watched this psycho walk out a free man. Why? Because there was no justice. No doubt, you and I feel the same way - a deep sense of injustice - because the punishment does not fit the crime.

God feels exactly the same way about sin. While we think idle gossip is nothing, to the holiness of God it is as a brutally raped, tortured, and murdered young girl which demands those guilty of it be put to death. He can't help Himself...the immensity of His holiness is directly proportional to the depth of injustice He feels if sinners are not made to suffer the death sentence for even the most insignificant sin. If you disagree, the reason for doing so follows:

Those who fight against the Ten Commandments do so because they don't know the holiness of God. They can't empathize with Him. Instead of sharing in His total abhorrence of sin, to the contrary, they defend it. They argue humans are hopelessly enslaved to sin and anyone who disagrees denies the grace of God. The fierceness of their fight against the Ten Commandments is inversely proportional to the absence of holiness in their lives. What Christianity needs is a new perspective on the holiness of God, a new appreciation for how holy He truly is, that we may strive to "be ye perfect, even as your Heavenly Father is perfect". It's found only in Scripture, not by listening to lying false pulpit prophets who tell us we can't overcome sin.

Last edited:

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A man's beautiful young daughter was kidnapped by a psychopath and brutally raped and tortured repeatedly. After he'd finally had enough of her, he shot her dead and dumped her body. The police eventually caught him and dragged him before a judge. The judge said, "What you've done is wicked beyond comprehension, now don't you ever do it again - case dismissed, off you go" and pounded his gavel. The family was devastated as they watched this psycho walk out a free man. Why? Because there was no justice. No doubt, you and I feel the same way - a deep sense of injustice - because the punishment does not fit the crime.

God feels exactly the same way about sin. While we think idle gossip is nothing, to the holiness of God it is as a brutally raped, tortured, and murdered young girl which demands those guilty of it be put to death. He can't help Himself...the immensity of His holiness is directly proportional to the depth of injustice He feels if sinners are not made to suffer the death sentence for even the most insignificant sin. If you disagree, the reason for doing so follows:

Those who fight against the Ten Commandments do so because they don't know the holiness of God. They can't empathize with Him. Instead of sharing in His total abhorrence of sin, to the contrary, they defend it. They argue humans are hopelessly enslaved to sin and anyone who disagrees denies the grace of God. The fierceness of their fight against the Ten Commandments is inversely proportional to the absence of holiness in their lives. What Christianity needs is a new perspective on the holiness of God, a new appreciation for how holy He truly is, that we may strive to "be ye perfect, even as your Heavenly Father is perfect". It's found only in Scripture, not by listening to lying false pulpit prophets who tell us we can't overcome sin.
I went to a church on a Saturday for a while to please a friend. The service didn't seem much different from the churches I had always attended, apart from one thing. It was continually stressed ''You must obey the ten commandments'' The second week I was there, I was shocked and stunned to hear people in conversation laughing and joking as they took the Lord's name in vain, apparantly unaware they were breaking the Ten Commandments by doing so. I had never witnessed that before in decades of going to various church denominations. One woman turned up for church each Saturday immaculately dressed with a bible tucked under her arm. She too insisted you must obey the ten commandments. And if during the sermon the minister said something she heartily approved of, she gave out a hearty ''AMEN''. After a while I found out she was having many affairs, some overlapping. I said to her one day ''how can you do that, you're breaking the ten commandments?'' She shrugged her shoulders and replied. ''All sin is equal and no ones perfect.'' It seemed ironic to me, in that church that so stressed you must obey the ten commandments I saw more flagrant sin than I had ever seen in any other church I had ever been to. And yet, the other churches did not relentlessly state ''you must obey the ten commandments.''

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went to a church on a Saturday for a while to please a friend. The service didn't seem much different from the churches I had always attended, apart from one thing. It was continually stressed ''You must obey the ten commandments'' The second week I was there, I was shocked and stunned to hear people in conversation laughing and joking as they took the Lord's name in vain, apparantly unaware they were breaking the Ten Commandments by doing so. I had never witnessed that before in decades of going to various church denominations. One woman turned up for church each Saturday immaculately dressed with a bible tucked under her arm. She too insisted you must obey the ten commandments. And if during the sermon the minister said something she heartily approved of, she gave out a hearty ''AMEN''. After a while I found out she was having many affairs, some overlapping. I said to her one day ''how can you do that, you're breaking the ten commandments?'' She shrugged her shoulders and replied. ''All sin is equal and no ones perfect.'' It seemed ironic to me, in that church that so stressed you must obey the ten commandments I saw more flagrant sin than I had ever seen in any other church I had ever been to. And yet, the other churches did not relentlessly state ''you must obey the ten commandments.''
I've been to many Sunday churches and I've NEVER seen more flagrant disregard of the Ten Commandments, due to the preacher telling everyone they don't have to keep them! The women dress like whores, the men can't keep their eyes off them, the children are kept in a separate room and allowed to play "Doom" tournaments, people are putting out cigarettes before walking in and meeting up afterward at home or at the bar for liquor, the offering plates are scant, the conversations are about anything but spiritual an holiness and thanksgiving to God, etc.

My guess is the Sabbath keeping church you attended probably says homosexual marriage is A OK.

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I've been to many Sunday churches and I've NEVER seen more flagrant disregard of the Ten Commandments, due to the preacher telling everyone they don't have to keep them! The women dress like whores, the men can't keep their eyes off them, the children are kept in a separate room and allowed to play "Doom" tournaments, people are putting out cigarettes before walking in and meeting up afterward at home or at the bar for liquor.

My guess is the Sabbath keeping church you attended probably says homosexual marriage is A OK.
Well Ive never been to any sunday churches such as you describe. And I have never heard any minister state you dont have to keep the ten commandments. The women have dressed extremely modestly and smoking has always been frowned on. No, the SDA church I attended did not say homo sexuality was ok

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Satan clearly said he runs all governments.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well Ive never been to any sunday churches such as you describe. And I have never heard any minister state you dont have to keep the ten commandments. The women have dressed extremely modestly and smoking has always been frowned on. No, the SDA church I attended did not say homo sexuality was ok
The Baptist church I attended for years, for example, had a member, my uncle, who bragged to my unbelieving dad as they both stood in a bar smoking and drinking that if they both died right then, he would go to heaven and my dad would go to hell. That's the demonic nature of OSAS which their preacher held to fiercely.

BTW, I've never been to an SDA church such as you describe, and I've been to lots. While every church has nominal members, in my experience, most of the members are sincere and keep the Sabbath as the sign for which the Bible says it is: that our God is both our Savior from sin and our Creator God and Lord we obey.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan clearly said he runs all governments.
Yep, many don't even want to consider that top police chiefs and DAs and attorneys and other "pillars" of the community will walk out of secret Satan/Lucifer worship services and work to cover up missing persons and children reports because they end up as victims of horrific rituals. Some women are deliberately impregnated to their offspring can be immediately offered at birth. Former members who've found Jesus attest to this, at risk of peril to their own lives. No wonder revelation talks about the "souls of men" being used as commodities in the last days.

Reactions: Jack