The Divinity of Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
afaithfulone4u said:
He is the Word of God which makes him equal with God for a man is always the same as his word for the word of a man reveals THE MAN.
Perhaps you would like to see 5 verses where Jesus, THE WORD OF THE LORD is in the OT and I would like you to take note of the spelling of Lord God. We are told that ALL ANGELS are to worship Jesus
Deut 3:24
24 O Lord GOD, thou hast begun to shew thy servant thy greatness, and thy mighty hand: for what God is there in heaven or in earth, that can do according to thy works, and according to thy might?
KJV
Josh 7:7
7 And Joshua said, Alas, O Lord GOD, wherefore hast thou at all brought this people over Jordan, to deliver us into the hand of the Amorites, to destroy us? would to God we had been content, and dwelt on the other side Jordan!
KJV
Judg 16:28
28 And Samson called unto the LORD, and said, O Lord GOD, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes.
KJV
Ps 110:1
The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
KJV
Ps 110:4-5
4 The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.
5 The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.
KJV

Jesus being Lord IS THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD for The Father does EVERYTHING ACCORDING TO AND BY HIS WORD WHICH IS THE CHRIST OF GOD. The Father and His Word are one, you can not separate them!

And perhaps you will believe the Word as it is written:
Heb 1:6-10
6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
KJV
I asked you for 3 verses in which Jesus says he is God.You have yet to show me 1.I personally know of 2.
sniper762 said:
jesus is not god, the father...............nor is he the holy ghost.......................he is the son of god

I am also one of god's children...........he is my heavenly father......... I am one WITH god, but I am not god
We are on the same page. :rolleyes:

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Pelaides said:
I asked you for 3 verses in which Jesus says he is God.You have yet to show me 1.I personally know of 2.

We are on the same page. :rolleyes:
As I said, Jesus is not the Father, nor is he the Holy Ghost, He is the Word of God who became flesh. Jesus proceeded
from the Father as in the ONLY begotten of the Father not even the angels are called the begotten for He was with God before he came to earth and he laid the foundations with God for God always does everything by HIS WORD for His Word is the Hand of God.
I gave you 5 from the OT to show you that Jesus was called Lord God in the OT so why do you argue with those as if they prove nothing? We are being transformed into angels if we abide in the Word and the Word in us. Jesus is not just an angel says the Bible.
Thomas here even called him God. And I gave you scripture of God calling him God from the NT. Sounds to me that you like to pick and choose what you are willing to accept?
I myself believe that the Father who is the head of His body over His Word is the one who seeks our worship, but the way you show true worship to God is to love, honor and obey His Word/Jesus.

John 20:28
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
KJV
John 14:6-13
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
KJV

John 5:17-18
17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.
18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.
KJV
Phil 2:5-7
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
KJV
You may also be interested in the following verses that pertain to the Word of God having to die in order for the people to belong to another and it refers to being joined as in a vow, covenant or testament aka WILL & testament of one who gives an inheritance to His heirs. The Word HE is the Will of God for God and His Word/Will/Testament are one in the same.
Heb 9:11-18
11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.
KJV
Rom 7:1-6
7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
KJV

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Pelaides said:
Mar 14:62 Jesus said, "I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven."

Jhn 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
sniper762 said:
I am also one of god's children...........he is my heavenly father......... I am one WITH god, but I am not god
We have to split some hairs here

Yes .... we can call God our ... "Father in Heaven" ..... but that is much different than when Jesus said to the Jews .... "God is my Father" ... (ie: "God is my Daddy")

Jesus said (prayed) that the disciples would be "one" similar to how Jesus and God were "one" .... and Jesus also prayed that the believers would be "one"

We cannot claim to be "one with God".... the same way Jesus was "one with God"

The description of the believers being "one" was more to do with unity and harmony and the Holy Spirit in common among the believers

best wishes

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
afaithfulone4u said:
As I said, Jesus is not the Father, nor is he the Holy Ghost, He is the Word of God who became flesh. Jesus proceeded
from the Father as in the ONLY begotten of the Father not even the angels are called the begotten for He was with God before he came to earth and he laid the foundations with God for God always does everything by HIS WORD for His Word is the Hand of God.
I gave you 5 from the OT to show you that Jesus was called Lord God in the OT so why do you argue with those as if they prove nothing? We are being transformed into angels if we abide in the Word and the Word in us. Jesus is not just an angel says the Bible.
Thomas here even called him God. And I gave you scripture of God calling him God from the NT. Sounds to me that you like to pick and choose what you are willing to accept?
I myself believe that the Father who is the head of His body over His Word is the one who seeks our worship, but the way you show true worship to God is to love, honor and obey His Word/Jesus.

John 20:28
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
KJV
John 14:6-13
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
KJV

18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.
KJV
Phil 2:5-7
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
KJV

You may also be interested in the following verses that pertain to the Word of God having to die in order for the people to belong to another and it refers to being joined as in a vow, covenant or testament aka WILL & testament of one who gives an inheritance to His heirs. The Word HE is the Will of God for God and His Word/Will/Testament are one in the same.
Heb 9:11-18
11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.
KJV
Rom 7:1-6
7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
KJV
So we seem to be in agreement that Jesus and God are 2 different beings,The word Lord does not always mean God in the old english language.
Trumpeter said:
Mar 14:62 Jesus said, "I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven."

Jhn 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."
Thats one of the verses John8:58,In your other verse it shows Jesus and God coming back to judge the world.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Pelaides said:
So we seem to be in agreement that Jesus and God are 2 different beings,The word Lord does not always mean God in the old english language.

Thats one of the verses John8:58,In your other verse it shows Jesus and God coming back to judge the world.
Let me ask you, When we see the name Lord God.. do we consider this to be God speaking to the prophets in the Bible or just another God?
I believe that if you answer honestly we do, because it is God. And if you believe that there are two God's then isn't that opposing the Word that says there is only ONE True God?
The spelling lord means one in authority but is not the same as Lord or LORD as in God. Rather it is Jesus who is the Word of God who is Lord, or the LORD GOD who is the Father aspect of God, they are both God. God is also a family as in male and female Father, Son(The Word) and Holy Ghost who is the wisdom of God. Yet God is considered male for there are no genders for reproduction among heavenly hosts. Adam was divided into two remember the two became one flesh?, one called male and one called female for companionship, then once they fell they were given skin by God with reproductive organs and now Eve would have the children in her own body, With Pain for part of her punishment. Yet Adam was created Alone and in the image of God being both in attributes of male and female just as God is.
See, Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Jesus is the Son to be a side helper in creation to help his Father.. but they don't understand that Jesus IS the Right Hand of God that the Father created all things with and by and through.. For didn't God speak things into existence with, by and through His Word? Jesus is the Hand of God.
Even the Father calls him God.. not a god
Ps 45:6-7
6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
KJV
Heb 1:5-10
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
KJV

Again we see it say The LORD appeared to Abraham, but he called him Lord and if you notice if you read the story closely, the three men speak at the same time, stand at the same time and turn and walk at the same time just as those in Ezek.
Gen 18:1-3
18:1 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:
KJV

KJV
Phil 2:5-6
KJV

Zech 12:8
8 In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.
KJV
Jesus was the image(attributes ) of the invisible God in bodily form and so shall the true holy body of Christ Be.
All worship goes to the Father, yet we must worship the Word of God for how can we say we love God, if we don't love His Word for He and His Word are one?

sniper762

Sep 5, 2007
Arnie Manitoba said:
We have to split some hairs here

Yes .... we can call God our ... "Father in Heaven" ..... but that is much different than when Jesus said to the Jews .... "God is my Father" ... (ie: "God is my Daddy")

Jesus said (prayed) that the disciples would be "one" similar to how Jesus and God were "one" .... and Jesus also prayed that the believers would be "one"

We cannot claim to be "one with God".... the same way Jesus was "one with God"

The description of the believers being "one" was more to do with unity and harmony and the Holy Spirit in common among the believers

best wishes
my wife and I are "one".........does that make us 2, the same?

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
afaithfulone4u said:
Let me ask you, When we see the name Lord God.. do we consider this to be God speaking to the prophets in the Bible or just another God?
I believe that if you answer honestly we do, because it is God. And if you believe that there are two God's then isn't that opposing the Word that says there is only ONE True God?
The spelling lord means one in authority but is not the same as Lord or LORD as in God. Rather it is Jesus who is the Word of God who is Lord, or the LORD GOD who is the Father aspect of God, they are both God. God is also a family as in male and female Father, Son(The Word) and Holy Ghost who is the wisdom of God. Yet God is considered male for there are no genders for reproduction among heavenly hosts. Adam was divided into two remember the two became one flesh?, one called male and one called female for companionship, then once they fell they were given skin by God with reproductive organs and now Eve would have the children in her own body, With Pain for part of her punishment. Yet Adam was created Alone and in the image of God being both in attributes of male and female just as God is.
See, Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Jesus is the Son to be a side helper in creation to help his Father.. but they don't understand that Jesus IS the Right Hand of God that the Father created all things with and by and through.. For didn't God speak things into existence with, by and through His Word? Jesus is the Hand of God.
Even the Father calls him God.. not a god
Ps 45:6-7
6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
KJV
Heb 1:5-10
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
KJV

Again we see it say The LORD appeared to Abraham, but he called him Lord and if you notice if you read the story closely, the three men speak at the same time, stand at the same time and turn and walk at the same time just as those in Ezek.
Gen 18:1-3
18:1 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:
KJV

KJV
Phil 2:5-6
KJV

Zech 12:8
8 In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.
KJV
Jesus was the image(attributes ) of the invisible God in bodily form and so shall the true holy body of Christ Be.
All worship goes to the Father, yet we must worship the Word of God for how can we say we love God, if we don't love His Word for He and His Word are one?
You write such long confusing posts that its hard to debate with you.Now you are saying God is a woman?when we know God is a spirit.When Jesus taught us how to pray(Matthew6:9-13),why did he tell us to pray to God in heaven if he was God?

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Pelaides said:
You write such long confusing posts that its hard to debate with you.Now you are saying God is a woman?when we know God is a spirit.When Jesus taught us how to pray(Matthew6:9-13),why did he tell us to pray to God in heaven if he was God?
Pelaides said:
I apologize for my long and confusing posts, but I am trying to make point and that requires scripture and my post's point.
I did not say God was a woman, but a family. I said that God is male and female in attributes.. but He is Spirit and considered male.

You didn't answer my question, I asked when you see Jesus in scripture in the OT were it says Lord God or The Word of the LORD came to..... do you consider them to be the same ONE God? Of course you do.. but remember the Word agreed to become flesh, to lower himself to the likeness of a man. Yet he was God as we seen that the Bible said God called him God. Wisdom is a she and she worked also along side God in creation and kings rule by her. Do you remember Jesus calling himself a mother hen who wants to gather her chicks?
Matt 23:37
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
KJV
Do you know that heavenly Jerusalem is our mother Gal.4:26 and the Holy Ghost feeds us and nourishes us as a mother with the Word of wisdom as we grow in her womb, under the blood, to form us into the image of Christ?

Here is more long boring scripture for you to show you what I mean about God's wisdom being a her along side Him, yet we understand Jesus to be the Word of life. All things originated from God rather male or female in attributes He Him, He Them
Just as the first Adam was both male and female in attributes(not sexually) so is there neither Jew nor Gentile, male nor female in the body of Christ who is the last Adam the One new man with all attributes of male and female yet our head is male so we are considered male. Man Child Rev 12 caught up to God's throne.
Prov 8:1-33
8:1 Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth HER voice?
2 SHE standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths.
3 SHE crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors.
4 Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.
5 O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart.
6 Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things.
7 For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.
9 They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.
10 Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.
11 For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.
12 I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.
13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
14 Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.
15 By me kings reign, and princes decree justice.
16 By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.

17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
18 Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.
19 My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.
20 I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:
21 That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance;
and I will fill their treasures.
22 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.
32 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.
KJV
Prov 8:33-9:1
33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.
34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.
36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.
KJV