The Doctrine of Imminency....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Actually Jesus didn't want them to learn anything. He wanted to use them as an example, which is why he said to his disciples why he only spoke in parables. Simple people got it, just not the teachers of the law and Pharisees. You my friend are NOT Jesus. To intimate you are anything remotely like Him is, in my view, sacrilegious to say the least.
The only thing you demonstrate is self-righteousness, which I'm pretty sure is why Jesus made an example of the Pharisees.
Our discussion is over.

Now that's a show of real character, accusing someone who follows Jesus with falsely accusing them of trying to BE Jesus Christ! Thus the sacrireligious attitude is obviously yours, along with character flaw. That makes my statement about answering a question with a question like my Lord Jesus did very applicable to you, as much as He did for the blind Pharisees. That also removes any and all doubt as to whether you will ever discover Jesus' answer to your question. Now, the conversation is over.

Nelson

Apr 10, 2018
Central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The doctrine of Imminency is an idea made up by men to try and support their false Pre-trib secret Rapture theories. It is in direct contradiction to the SIGNS of the end Jesus gave His servants to be watching that lead up to His second coming.
I agree.

Reactions: Willie T

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been recently reviewing a book about this, and it seems there are at least three different ideas as to what Imminent means as it refers to the return of Christ.

For those who seem to like to devalue opinions, you can find the Scriptures supporting each view the same way I did. Read the book.... He Shall Have Dominion.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It really is a foolish thought to say posting a Scripture proves anything. Two men can easily post exactly the same Scripture, and they can each have differing opinions about what that particular Scripture means. Then along comes a third person, and declares it means something else entirely.

Look out.......... A fourth person just read that verse!

Yes, as much as we detest admitting it, it always comes down to each individual's opinion of a Scripture............ Unless you are satisfied to let a priest or preacher tell you what you are to believe it means.

Last edited:

Nelson

Apr 10, 2018
Central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For sure I know that God will deliver us from “the hour” Jacob’s trouble, from wrath/for we not appointed to wrath. The prophets, Jesus and The apostles support Christ, first and second coming. In the rapture/we meet Him in the clouds and are delivered from “the hour of trial, Jacob’s trouble, wrath” all meaning the Great Tribulation. While we the believers are at the Wedding celebrating/ God’s judgement is taking place on earth and at the second coming we join Him in ruling at the Millennium.

Nelson

Apr 10, 2018
Central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, a little lazy of an answer- my previous one. Eminency- a return of Christ without signs is not supported in scripture. Like a thieve in the night only means that “ no one knows the day nor the hour “. Scripture checks scripture. Exegesis demands the 2-3 witness rule. The prophets, Christ and Epistles all clear about the signs. Absolutely, Esegesis is the only means by where a believer by extrapolation would arrive at Eminency. I plead with anyone who is sold out to Eminency to show me just one verse that says that no sign is given or required for neither the rapture or the second coming. God bless!!

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have the WHOLE of the Matthew 24 chapter to support what I am saying.

Only towards the end of the Matthew 24 chapter did Jesus give the warning to be on watch for the signs He gave there leading up to the time of His coming.

Thus it's easy to notice rockytopva's quotes of Matt.24 only BEGIN at verse 36! Why would he leave out ALL the previous verses of Matthew 24? Simple. Because in the previous Matt.24 verses, Jesus was giving the SIGNS for His servants to be watching leading up to His return. And He specifically declared the generation that sees all those signs will not end until they all occur, which is directly against the Imminent doctrine of men. It's as simple as that.

The only problem in using Matthew 24, is we have to keep in mind that Yeshua was giving a confidential briefing to His inner circle of Disciples. And the key question was in verse 3....

Matthew 24:3 (NKJV) Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

The question was not in regards to the gathering of the righteous, but the sign of Yeshua's return and end of the age. The gathering of the righteous and His return to the earth are separate events. And it is directed at those living in Israel. No one in Los Angeles is going to need to keep alert to flee Judea when the abomination of desolation is set up in the temple. The targeted audience is identified with that passage. Matt 24:15-22. And some would argue that the "elect" in V22 apply to believers. I don't. The Jewish people are elect. Now don't confuse that... they are not individually saved, but they are elect, or set apart, for God in this earthy existence. As per Isaiah 45:4, Isaiah 65:9, etc. Election is not salvation. Even King Cyrus of Babylon was God's anointed and essentially His elect in that regard. That doesn't mean he was saved.

Isaiah 45:4 (NKJV) For Jacob My servant's sake,
And Israel My elect,
I have even called you by your name;
I have named you, though you have not known Me.

Isaiah 45:1 (NKJV) “Thus says the Lord to His anointed, To Cyrus, whose right hand I have held—
To subdue nations before him
And loose the armor of kings,
To open before him the double doors,
So that the gates will not be shut:

And there will be a need of physical survivors to enter into the millennial kingdom to repopulate it. And that is why sake of the elect, those days will be shortened before they are all destroyed. While the holocaust took 1 out of 3 Jews, the Time of Jacob's Trouble (Great Tribulation) will take 2 out of 3. The holocaust of WW II was just a dress rehearsal.

Jeremiah 30:7 (NKJV) Alas! For that day is great,
So that none is like it;
And it is the time of Jacob's trouble,
But he shall be saved out of it.

Jacob = Israel. Israel is God's elect. Go back to Isaiah 45:4.

Matthew 24:22 (NKJV) And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened.

The Matthew 24 context does in no way deny the doctrine of immanency. It doesn't apply.

Last edited: