The Fallen Angels/flood

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alistein

May 4, 2008
You imply that the "sons of God" are not fallen angels...You imply that these "sons of God" are either human or angels that love Him
I have not implied anything. I simply asked what the abomination was as there was no mention of it in earlier post. The sons of God could well be angels there are scriptures supporting it. However there is no record that the offspring were giants the offspring according to genesis 6:4 were men. I do agree that it was an abomination for angels to marry or have intercourse with humans, but the resulting children were not giants if I am reading this verse righ but mighty men. It certainly could have said giants or mighty giants.There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown

Alistein

May 4, 2008
Hmmm ,interesting scriptures, thanks Kriss and RL88After thinking about them a little while, this thought came to me.;The sons of God come to God and satan tags along also.Why is satan seperated as something different, as though he wasnt a son of god?God said to satan...where have you come from?...what are you doing in the presense of the sons of God?He is the accuser....so God immediately says to him..have you considereed my servant Job? Job 1 It appears to me that satan is there to undermine the sons of God, and Job is the challenge to satans lies.Quote:the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also Maybe this had to do with when the sons of Adam presented their sacrifice to God.Satan is only seen to ridicule the sacrifices made.God says...have you considered this Job fellow?satan and his host could never be associated with being a son of God....surely.
You do bring up some rather interesting points. There are certainly many that believe as you do that the sons of God were the descendants of Seth. It definitely is interesting.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(jeffweeder;49308)
Hmmm ,interesting scriptures, thanks Kriss and RL88After thinking about them a little while, this thought came to me.;The sons of God come to God and satan tags along also.Why is satan seperated as something different, as though he wasnt a son of god?God said to satan...where have you come from?...what are you doing in the presense of the sons of God?He is the accuser....so God immediately says to him..have you considereed my servant Job? Job 1 It appears to me that satan is there to undermine the sons of God, and Job is the challenge to satans lies.Maybe this had to do with when the sons of Adam presented their sacrifice to God.Satan is only seen to ridicule the sacrifices made.God says...have you considered this Job fellow?satan and his host could never be associated with being a son of God....surely.
Jeff you seem to be reading into it what is not there Satan was with them because he was one of them no where does it say differentlyWas he fallen yes thats why he was accusing and is also called the tempter ect. He acted differently but he was still one of them. We are told this in scripture. Understanding this does not change scripture it explains it so that we understand happened so can be prepared for what will happen.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Alistein;49317)
I have not implied anything. I simply asked what the abomination was as there was no mention of it in earlier post. The sons of God could well be angels there are scriptures supporting it. However there is no record that the offspring were giants the offspring according to genesis 6:4 were men. I do agree that it was an abomination for angels to marry or have intercourse with humans, but the resulting children were not giants if I am reading this verse righ but mighty men. It certainly could have said giants or mighty giants.There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown
I beg to differ Alistein Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown. Seems you are ignoring the first part of this verse and the others--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Num 13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, [which come] of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Deu 2:11 Which also were accounted giants, as the Anakims; but the Moabites call them Emims. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Deu 2:20 (That also was accounted a land of giants: giants dwelt therein in old time; and the Ammonites call them Zamzummims; --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Deu 3:11 For only Og king of Bashan remained of the remnant of giants; behold, his bedstead [was] a bedstead of iron; [is] it not in Rabbath of the children of Ammon? nine cubits [was] the length thereof, and four cubits the breadth of it, after the cubit of a man. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Deu 3:13 And the rest of Gilead, and all Bashan, [being] the kingdom of Og, gave I unto the half tribe of Manasseh; all the region of Argob, with all Bashan, which was called the land of giants. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Jos 12:4 And the coast of Og king of Bashan, [which was] of the remnant of the giants, that dwelt at Ashtaroth and at Edrei, --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Jos 13:12 All the kingdom of Og in Bashan, which reigned in Ashtaroth and in Edrei, who remained of the remnant of the giants: for these did Moses smite, and cast them out. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Jos 15:8 And the border went up by the valley of the son of Hinnom unto the south side of the Jebusite; the same [is] Jerusalem: and the border went up to the top of the mountain that [lieth] before the valley of Hinnom westward, which [is] at the end of the valley of the giants northward: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Jos 17:15 And Joshua answered them, If thou [be] a great people, [then] get thee up to the wood [country], and cut down for thyself there in the land of the Perizzites and of the giants, if mount Ephraim be too narrow for thee. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Jos 18:16 And the border came down to the end of the mountain that [lieth] before the valley of the son of Hinnom, [and] which [is] in the valley of the giants on the north, and descended to the valley of Hinnom, to the side of Jebusi on the south, and descended to Enrogel,

Alistein

May 4, 2008
Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown. Seems you are ignoring the first part of this verse and the others
I am not ignoring it I already said the word giants here in the hebrew is nephil or nephily which means feller and is in the concordance translated as tyrant or bully the root word nephal as it as fugitive. there is no where it is translated as fallen angels or their childen. It then specifically tells you that they bare children. what kind of children? The verse says mighty men and it actually says they became not that they were born mighty men. This verse does not support giants in anyway. Num 13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, [which come] of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight. First check the meaning of the word in the concordance. Does't this seem like an exageration. Finally the bible said they brought a lying or evil report. As for the rest of the scriptures check the words in the Hebrew first before jumping on them and also by your logic if the lord wiped out the fallen angels and their children. during the flood how could they have existed again seeing you say the fallen angels were already improsed and their children destroyed. Did the fallen angels escaped to sin again. as you can see there is no sense in that. On the other hand if you say God didn't wipe them out then that means He failed and didn't keeps His and the flood was of no use and as some said if it wasn't worldwwide why not just tell Noah to travel far where it would not reach, noah would certaily have travelled far enough atleast 70years or what ever time he used in building the ark.