The Fear Of The Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Fear: An Elementary Education

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom …" (Psalm 111:10).
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge …" (Proverbs 1:7).
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom …" (Proverbs 9:10).

One thing that should stand out to us in the three verses above is that fear is only the "beginning" of wisdom and knowledge. It is only man's starting place with God, his Creator.

Many miss this important truth, and in so doing, they overlook the pure elementary nature of fear. The "fear of the Lord" is mankind's FIRST approach to God. It is the awesome discovery of who we really are, and who He really is. It is humanity's approach to God in infancy and immaturity – seeing Him as the righteous almighty One!

Note carefully the first verse quoted above, along with the next phase that is to follow:

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do His commandments …" (Psalms 111:10).

We see the connection between "the fear of the Lord" and doing "His commandments. " The "commandments, " or the "law," is associated with fear. When God gave "the law of commandments" at Sinai the children of Israel "trembled" in fear; but the "law" and its natural fear in relationship to God was only divine elementary education. It was simply a "schoolmaster" to bring us to the Lord Jesus Christ (and who among us has not feared the schoolmaster! ).

"Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster" (Galatians 3:24-25).

Because the "schoolmaster" has brought us to Christ, we are no longer enrolled in its elementary process of "fear." As mature, adult "SONS of God," our childish, immature "CHILDREN of God" "fear" of the Father is replaced by the fullness of "love."

Little wonder Paul wrote:

"For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind" (II Timothy 1:7).

Hear these words! "God has not given us the spirit of fear!" God has not given us a place as fearful children. Fear has no place in our relationship with the Father. We have been given a place of mature, adult sonship. What He has given us in replacement of elementary "fear" is power, love and a sound mind.

John wrote of this as well:

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear: because fear has torment. He who fears is not made perfect in love" (I John 4:18).

Hear these words as well. "There is no fear in love." None! There is no place for "fear" in the life of the mature believer, for he has been completely submerged in the glorious love of the Father,

"Because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit which is given unto us" (Romans 5:5).

The very definition of our Father is Love – "God is Love" (I John 4:8, 16). He is Love – in fact He is perfect Love – and "perfect love casts out fear." Fear and love are exclusive of each other. The issue is one of really knowing Who God is; of actually getting to know Him.

Our first approach to God is in ignorance and fear. Then, as we come to known Him in truth – as we become acquainted with His genuine nature of love – fear is driven from our lives, for "perfect love casts out fear."

Only those who do not yet know Him, or do not yet know Him very well, fear Him, for "he who fears is not made perfect in love."

Bible Student's Notebook

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

fullpana

Nov 10, 2008
I always try to force some sense into the meaning in those verses referring to fear, asking myself is this the Spirit of fear of YHWH or just an evil spirit of fear from hell?

My question is, isn't the fear of YHWH the awe of Him?
Thank you for taking the time for putting bible verses together to make sense. I clearly understand now that as sons we can approach boldly, in awe and reverence, but as sons who love their Father. I LOVE HIM!

Redeemed22

Nov 10, 2009
Citizen of Heaven
One of my favorite verses is Job 28:28

"The fear of the Lord- that is wisdom
to shun evil - that is understanting"

The fear of God doesn't translate well into English

I describe it this way. The fear of the Lord is somewhere between the English word fear and the combination of awe and reverence.

A year ago, I did a word study of the fear of the Lord. Here is copy and pasted part of it. I was looking for what causes fear of the Lord, and what fruit the fear of the Lord has. For some verses, I made inferences, and I am fallible. Do your own homework!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) People without the fear of the Lord might try to steal Abraham’s wife. Genesis 20:11
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2) Abraham was declared righteous because of his faith: “"Do not lay a hand on the boy," he said.”Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son."” Genesis 22:12
3) Jacob calls God “the God of my father, the God of Abraham, and the Fear of Isaac.” in respect to Isaac. Genesis 31:42. Jacob then takes an oath in the name of the Fear of Isaac. Genesis 31:53
4) Joseph has mercy, explaining “I fear the Lord” Genesis 42:18
5) The midwifes in Egypt feared God and thus risked their own lives to disobey Pharaoh’s commands to kill the baby boys. Exodus 1:17-21
6) Moses prays on behalf of the Egyptian officials who don’t fear God.
7) Those who fear the Lord OBEY/heed his warnings. Exodus 9:20
8) At seeing the marvels of the Lord, the people were in AWE of God and TRUSTED in Him. Exodus 14:13
9) Men who fear God are given authority. Exodus 18:20
10) Those who fear God do not take advantage of the helpless. Leviticus 19:13-15
11) Instead of taking advantage of each other, fear God. Leviticus 25:17
12) Don’t charge interest, but instead fear God. Leviticus 25:36
13) Don’t rule the people ruthlessly, but instead fear God. Leviticus 25:43
14) God cries out “Oh, that their hearts would be inclined to fear me and keep all my commands always, so that it might go well with them and their children forever!” Deuteronomy 5:29
15) Teach the people (and all the children) the decrees/laws/works of the Lord that they might fear the Lord BY OBEYING, and with it comes a blessing. Deuteronomy 6:1-3
16) Fearing the Lord means serving Him only and doing what He thinks is right. All of Deut. 6
17) I feared God and he listened to me. Deut 9:19
18) “12 And now, O Israel, what does the LORD your God ask of you but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, 13 and to observe the LORD's commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good?” Deut 10:12-13
19) “20 Fear the LORD your God and serve him. Hold fast to him and take your oaths in his name. 21 He is your praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes.” Deut 10:20-21
20) Those that did not fear God attacked Israel. Deut 25:18
21) Assemble all the people and teach them so that they can learn to fear the Lord to obey his commands. Deut. 31:12-13
22) “17 They sacrificed to demons, which are not God—
gods they had not known,
gods that recently appeared,
gods your fathers did not fear.
18 You deserted the Rock, who fathered you;
you forgot the God who gave you birth.” Deut 32:17-18
23) God dried up the Jordan, just as with the Red Sea, SO THAT the people of the earth would see His power and so that the people of Israel would always fear Him. Joshua 4:21-24
24) The Lord made the Jordan a boundary to keep the outside people from causing the Godly ones to stop fearing the Lord. Joshua 22:25
25) If you fear God, you will put down your gods and serve only Him. Choose this day who you will serve. Joshua 24:14-15
26) God’s hand will be against those who are against Him. It is good for a King to fear God. 1 Samuel 12:13-15
27) Consider the great things God has done for you and fear Him. 1 Samuel 12:24
28) “3 The God of Israel spoke,
the Rock of Israel said to me:
'When one rules over men in righteousness,
when he rules in the fear of God,
4 he is like the light of morning at sunrise
on a cloudless morning,
like the brightness after rain
that brings the grass from the earth.'” 2 Samuel 23:3-4
29) “24 Declare his glory among the nations,
his marvelous deeds among all peoples.
25 For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise;
he is to be feared above all gods.
26 For all the gods of the nations are idols,
but the LORD made the heavens.” 1 Chronicles 16:24-26 AND Psalm 96:3-5
30) The fear of the Lord prevents a war. 2 Chronicles 19:7
31) Let the fear of the Lord be on you and judge fairly (in court), for with the Lord there is no partiality, bribes, etc. 2 Chronicles 19:7
32) Fear the Lord by warning people not to sin (and by not sinning either). 2 Chronicles 19:9-10
33) God makes some nations afraid so that there is peace. 2 Chronicles 20:29
34) A man instructed in the fear of God seeks God. 2 Chronicles 26: 4-6
35) Obey God and the council of those who fear God because both say obey the word of the Lord. Ezra 10:1-4
36) “9 So I continued, "What you are doing is not right. Shouldn't you walk in the fear of our God to avoid the reproach of our Gentile enemies?” Nehemiah 5:9
37) A man was given authority because he feared God. Nehemiah 7:2
38) Once upon a time “In the land of Uz there lived a man whose name was Job. This man was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil.” Job 1:1
39) God brags about his servant Job. “Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil." God says this twice! Job 1:18 and Job 2:3a
40) Satan argues that Job only fears God because of blessings. Job 1:19
41) When Satan is proved wrong in this, he says Job would give up the fear of the Lord to save his own skin. Job 2:4
42) “And [God] said to man, 'The fear of the Lord—that is wisdom, and to shun evil is understanding.' "” Job 28:28
43) Job avoided many evils through fear of the Lord. Job 31:23
44) Serve the Lord with fear and rejoice with trembling. Psalm 2:11
45) Who may dwell in God’s sanctuary? He who fears the Lord... he who does this (among others) will not be shaken. Psalm 15
46) The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever. Psalm 19:9
47) Hey! Everybody who fears God! Come praise Him! Psalm 22:23
48) The Lord will instruct the man who fears Him what His plans are for him. God will bless him. Psalm 25:12-13
49) The Lord confides in those who fear Him. Psalm 25:14
50) Fear the Lord, all the earth. Revere him, everybody. He spoke the earth into being and commanded it still. Psalm 33:8
51) “17 A horse is a vain hope for deliverance;
despite all its great strength it cannot save.
18 But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him,
on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,
19 to deliver them from death
and keep them alive in famine.” Psalm 33:17-19
52) “7 The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him,
and he delivers them.
8 Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
9 Fear the LORD, you his saints,
for those who fear him lack nothing.
10 The lions may grow weak and hungry,
but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.
11 Come, my children, listen to me;
I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
12 Whoever of you loves life
and desires to see many good days,
13 keep your tongue from evil
and your lips from speaking lies.
14 Turn from evil and do good;
seek peace and pursue it.” Psalm 34:7-14
53) The wicked man has no fear of God before his eyes because he flatters himself. Psalm 36:1-2
54) Many will see and fear God because of a testimony of salvation. Psalm 40: 1-3
55) “Who among you fears the LORD and obeys the word of his servant? Let him who walks in the dark, who has no light, trust in the name of the LORD and rely on his God.” Psalm 50:10
56) God will judge/afflict those who do not fear him. Psalm 55:19
57) “4 I long to dwell in your tent forever
and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.
Selah
5 For you have heard my vows, O God;
you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.” Psalm 61:4-5
58) “9 All mankind will fear;
they will proclaim the works of God
and ponder what he has done.” Psalm 64:9
59) Come listen everybody who fears God and let me tell you what he has done for me. Psalm 66:16
60) Fulfill your vows to God. Bring gifts to the One who deserves to be feared. Psalm 76:11
61) “7 God will bless us,
and all the ends of the earth will fear him.” Psalm 67:7
62) “10 For you are great and do marvelous deeds;
you alone are God.
11 Teach me your way, O LORD,
and I will walk in your truth;
give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.
12 I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart;
I will glorify your name forever.” Psalm 80:10-12
63) “In the council of the holy ones God is greatly feared; he is more awesome than all who surround him.” Psalms 89:7
64) When the Lord rebuilds Zion and returns, “The nations will fear the name of the LORD,
all the kings of the earth will revere your glory.” 102:15
65) “13 As a father has compassion on his children,
so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;
14 for he knows how we are formed,
he remembers that we are dust.
15 As for man, his days are like grass,
he flourishes like a flower of the field;
16 the wind blows over it and it is gone,
and its place remembers it no more.
17 But from everlasting to everlasting
the LORD's love is with those who fear him,
and his righteousness with their children's children-
18 with those who keep his covenant
and remember to obey his precepts.” Psalm 103:13-18
66) “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.” Psalm 111:10
67) “Praise the LORD. Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, who finds great delight in his commands.” Psalm 112:1
68) Hey you who fear God, trust him- he is your shield and help. Psalm 115:11
69) The Lord blesses those who fear him, small and great. Psalm 115:13
70) “Let those who fear the LORD say: "His love endures forever."” Psalm 118:4
71) God blesses the man who fears the Lord. Psalm 128
72) You who fear God, come praise Him with me. Psalm 135:20
73) “the LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.” Psalm 147:11
74) “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.” Proverbs 1:7
75) Wisdom personified speaking: “27 when calamity overtakes you like a storm,
when disaster sweeps over you like a whirlwind,
when distress and trouble overwhelm you.
28 "Then they will call to me but I will not answer;
they will look for me but will not find me.
29 Since they hated knowledge
and did not choose to fear the LORD,
30 since they would not accept my advice
and spurned my rebuke,
31 they will eat the fruit of their ways
and be filled with the fruit of their schemes.” Proverbs 1:28-31
76) “1 My son, if you accept my words
and store up my commands within you,
2 turning your ear to wisdom
and applying your heart to understanding,
3 and if you call out for insight
and cry aloud for understanding,
4 and if you look for it as for silver
and search for it as for hidden treasure,
5 then you will understand the fear of the LORD
and find the knowledge of God.” Proverbs 2:1-5
77) “Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.” Proverbs 3:7
78) “To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.” Proverbs 8:13
79) “9 Instruct a wise man and he will be wiser still;
teach a righteous man and he will add to his learning.
10 "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom,
and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.”” Proverbs 9:9-10
80) Fear of the Lord adds length to one’s life (in contrast to the wicked). Proverbs 10:27
81) “He whose walk is upright fears the LORD, but he whose ways are devious despises him.” Proverbs 14:2
82) “A wise man fears the LORD and shuns evil, but a fool is hotheaded and reckless.” Proverbs 14:16.
83) “He who fears the LORD has a secure fortress, and for his children it will be a refuge.” Proverbs 14:26
84) “The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, turning a man from the snares of death.” Proverbs 14:27
85) “16 Better a little with the fear of the LORD
than great wealth with turmoil.” Proverbs 15:16
86) “The fear of the LORD teaches a man wisdom, and humility comes before honor.” Proverbs 15:33
87) “Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for; through the fear of the LORD a man avoids evil.” Proverbs 16:6
88) “The fear of the LORD leads to life: Then one rests content, untouched by trouble.” Proverbs 19:23
89) “Humility and the fear of the LORD bring wealth and honor and life.” Proverbs 22:4
90) “Do not let your heart envy sinners, but always be zealous for the fear of the LORD.” Proverbs 23:7
91) “21 Fear the LORD and the king, my son,
and do not join with the rebellious” Proverb 24:21
92) “Blessed is the man who always fears the LORD, but he who hardens his heart falls into trouble.” Proverbs 28:14
93) “Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe.” Proverbs 29:25
94) “30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.” Proverbs 31:30
95) “18 It is good to grasp the one
and not let go of the other.
The man who fears God will avoid all extremes.” Ecclesiastes 7:18
96) “Although a wicked man commits a hundred crimes and still lives a long time, I know that it will go better with God-fearing men, who are reverent before God. Yet because the wicked do not fear God, it will not go well with them, and their days will not lengthen like a shadow.” Ecclesiastes 8:12-13
97) The great conclusion of Ecclesiastes, “13 Now all has been heard;
here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments,
for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God will bring every deed into judgment,
including every hidden thing,
whether it is good or evil.” Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
98) Concerning Christ, the stumbling block of Israel “13 The LORD Almighty is the one you are to regard as holy,
he is the one you are to fear,
he is the one you are to dread,
14 and he will be a sanctuary;
but for both houses of Israel he will be
a stone that causes men to stumble
and a rock that makes them fall.
And for the people of Jerusalem he will be
a trap and a snare.” Isaiah 8:13-14
99) Again, concerning Jesus, “1 A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse;
from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.
2 The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him—
the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding,
the Spirit of counsel and of power,
the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD -
3 and he will delight in the fear of the LORD.
He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes,
or decide by what he hears with his ears;
4 but with righteousness he will judge the needy,
with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth.
He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth;
with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked.” Isaiah 11:1-4
100) “ 6 He will be the sure foundation for your times,
a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge;
the fear of the LORD is the key to this treasure.” Isaiah 33:6
101) "Whom have you so dreaded and feared that you have been false to me, and have neither remembered me nor pondered this in your hearts? Is it not because I have long been silent that you do not fear me?” Isaiah 57:11
102) At the time of Judgment and/or Salvation: “19 From the west, men will fear the name of the LORD,
and from the rising of the sun, they will revere his glory.
For he will come like a pent-up flood
that the breath of the LORD drives along.”
103) “21 Hear this, you foolish and senseless people,
who have eyes but do not see,
who have ears but do not hear:
22 Should you not fear me?" declares the LORD.
"Should you not tremble in my presence?
I made the sand a boundary for the sea,
an everlasting barrier it cannot cross.
The waves may roll, but they cannot prevail;
they may roar, but they cannot cross it.
23 But these people have stubborn and rebellious hearts;
they have turned aside and gone away.
24 They do not say to themselves,
'Let us fear the LORD our God,
who gives autumn and spring rains in season,
who assures us of the regular weeks of harvest.'” Jeremiah 5:21-24
104) When Hezekiah feared the Lord and prayed, the Lord relented. Jeremiah 26:19
105) “38 They will be my people, and I will be their God. 39 I will give them singleness of heart and action, so that they will always fear me for their own good and the good of their children after them. 40 I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good to them, and I will inspire them to fear me, so that they will never turn away from me.” Jeremiah 32:38-40
106) “"I issue a decree that in every part of my kingdom people must fear and reverence the God of Daniel. "For he is the living God and he endures forever; his kingdom will not be destroyed, his dominion will never end.” Daniel 6:26
107) A raging sea is instantly calmed...“15 Then they took Jonah and threw him overboard, and the raging sea grew calm. 16 At this the men greatly feared the LORD, and they offered a sacrifice to the LORD and made vows to him.” Jonah 1:15-16
108) “Listen! The LORD is calling to the city— and to fear your name is wisdom— "Heed the rod and the One who appointed it.” Micah 6:9
109) “16 Nations will see and be ashamed,
deprived of all their power.
They will lay their hands on their mouths
and their ears will become deaf.
17 They will lick dust like a snake,
like creatures that crawl on the ground.
They will come trembling out of their dens;
they will turn in fear to the LORD our God
and will be afraid of you.” Micah 7:16-17
110) “12 Then Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel, Joshua son of Jehozadak, the high priest, and the whole remnant of the people obeyed the voice of the LORD their God and the message of the prophet Haggai, because the LORD their God had sent him. And the people feared the LORD.
13 Then Haggai, the LORD's messenger, gave this message of the LORD to the people: "I am with you," declares the LORD.” Haggai 1:12-13
111) God questions why a particular city will not fear Him and accept Him. Zephaniah 5:21
112) “"Cursed is the cheat who has an acceptable male in his flock and vows to give it, but then sacrifices a blemished animal to the Lord. For I am a great king," says the LORD Almighty, "and my name is to be feared among the nations.”” Malachi 1:14
113) “"So I will come near to you for judgment. I will be quick to testify against sorcerers, adulterers and perjurers, against those who defraud laborers of their wages, who oppress the widows and the fatherless, and deprive aliens of justice, but do not fear me," says the LORD Almighty.” Malachi 3:5
114) “Then those who feared the LORD talked with each other, and the LORD listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the LORD and honored his name.” Malachi 3:16
115) Mathew 10:28-31
“28Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 29Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. 30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.”
116) The women leave the tomb overjoyed and afraid. Mathew 28:8
117) “He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm.”Where is your faith?" he asked his disciples. In fear and amazement they asked one another, "Who is this? He commands even the winds and the water, and they obey him."” Luke 8:25
118) Jesus told a parable about a judge “who did not fear God” Luke 18:2-4
119) From his own cross beside Jesus, the one criminal rebukes the other and says. “"Don't you fear God," he said, "since you are under the same sentence?” Luke 23:40 We will see him in paradise.
120) There were God fear Jews in Jerusalem. Acts 2:5
121) “Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee and Samaria enjoyed a time of peace. It was strengthened; and encouraged by the Holy Spirit, it grew in numbers, living in the fear of the Lord.” Acts 9:31
122) Cornelius, a God-fearing Roman centurion, is given a vision. Acts 10:1-7
123) "Brothers, children of Abraham, and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.” Acts 13:26
124) Paul and his buddies know what it is to fear the Lord and so they try to convince people. 2 Corinthians 5:11
125) “7By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.” Hebrews 11:7
126) This song of Moses about the Lamb is sung in Revelation “"Great and marvelous are your deeds,
Lord God Almighty.
Just and true are your ways,
King of the ages.
4Who will not fear you, O Lord,
and bring glory to your name?
For you alone are holy.
All nations will come
and worship before you,
for your righteous acts have been revealed."” Revelation 15:3-4

This list is extensive but not exhaustive.

epistemaniac

Aug 13, 2008
Excellent, Christina.

:) Miss Hepburn

I agree Miss Hepburn... some good stuff in there... but these are not Christina's thoughts, but rather are Clyde L. Pilkington, Jr.'s ... for some reason when she copied and pasted the article she included, at the end of the article, "Bible Study Notebook" but Clyde's name somehow got omitted which should have been directly above the phrase "Bible Study Notebook"... you can see the original document at http://dailygoodies.wordpress.com/2009/04/14/fear-an-elementary-education/
but, regardless of whether or not these were Christina's original thoughts.... anyways... I appreciate the overall message that Clyde was trying to get across... and thank you Christina for sharing it as well...

blessings,
ken

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The word,"fear", in that verse, " the fear of the Lord", should really be. The awe of, how can anyone expect anything good of someone they fear. Look the word up and you will see.

In His Love

Robinson Crusoe

Feb 15, 2010
cool.gif

write2witness

Nov 30, 2009
Michigan
For me the word "fear" means respect in that verse. One cannot respect the Lord if they do not also tremble at the thought of His awesome power over their whole life and that He alone is in charge of it. To acknowledge God in this manner means showing respect for who He is. Once you do this then you are open to learn with Him.

gumby

May 29, 2009
I think fear helps bring order and discipline to our lives. By fearing the lord it strengthens us because we have respect for God and know not to get him angry with us. 1st Corinthians 14:40.

God bless :)

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think fear helps bring order and discipline to our lives. By fearing the lord it strengthens us because we have respect for God and know not to get him angry with us. 1st Corinthians 14:40.
Amen !