The Fifth Trumpet

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Revelation 9

1 The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. 2 When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss. 3 And out of the smoke locusts came down on the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth. 4 They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads. 5 They were not allowed to kill them but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes. 6 During those days people will seek death but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.

Revelation 7

144,000 Sealed
1 After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree. 2 Then I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God. He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the land and the sea: 3 “Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.” 4 Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.

IMO, the only believers alive at the time of the sounding of the fifth trumpet will be those with the seal of God in their foreheads (the 144,000). The rest of humanity will be inflicted with the fifth trumpet plague. If there were any other believers alive at that time, they would also be affected by this plague.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
We should also recognize that this is a gigantic VOLCANO like the one we see expected in Yellowstone yet can be many volcanos at once. God uses His creation to judge or for signs from Him and for all of His purposes. The ash covers the sun so that it blocks it out , NO food can grow without the sun so famine sets in and the molten rock destroys. The ash gets into the lungs.
I do not know why we do not understand from the plagues that God brought upon Egypt, Sodom and Gommorah, the flood of Noah, the sword/wars that God says He brings forth, the oil spills that cause the water to turn blood red and kills the sea life, and all acts of nature that are really acts of God, are judgments for sin in the world.
At Jesus resurrection God caused the earth to quake and the dry bones of Ezk came out of their graves.
He caused an earthquake to roll the stone away from Jesus' tomb as well. There is no other god who has control of God's earth to cause sunames, storms, lightning, hurricanes, tornados, to form the land masses or divide them, to melt the ice in the in one region and freeze another, God controls His crops and puts man in the places He wants them to grow and not even a sparrow falls to the ground without His knowledge.
Even when Satan did anything, it was with God's aproval, for Satan is the temptor of man and is the TORMENTOR of those of disobedience. Did you know that it is God who turns us over to sin when we continue to reject the Word to live by? He also gives us over to an evil spirit believe it or not:
Judg 9:23
23 Then God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech:
KJV
1 Sam 16:15-16
15 And Saul's servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit from God troubleth thee.
16 Let our lord now command thy servants, which are before thee, to seek out a man, who is a cunning player on an harp: and it shall come to pass, when the evil spirit from God is upon thee, that he shall play with his hand, and thou shalt be well.
KJV
Deut 2:30
30 But Sihon king of Heshbon would not let us pass by him: for the LORD thy God hardened his spirit, and made his heart obstinate, that he might deliver him into thy hand, as appeareth this day.
KJV

Acts 17:24-28
24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
KJV

Too many people do not have good understanding that God never changes and that what He did in the OT, He still does to this day and forever. Sin will always be an enemy to God's Word. We are in a grace period so that WHO SO EVER WILL can repent and ask God to do a work in them so that they can be made in the image of the Son so they no longer live sinful lives. Grace is not a license to sin, it is extra time and the ability by the Spirit and the Word working in us to change our ways so that we don't desire to sin.
Our war is not about all men huddling together to keep the diseases or disasters from us or fighting against other nations, our enemy is the unclean spirit in our own children that do not know the ways of God and that God MUST destroy if we don't get out there and bring them into understanding of what is coming upon the earth by GOD'S OWN WORD for those who hate the Son and refuse to walk in the Word of truth. We must get all of the leaven out of God's property(His man) that is killing us.
When we talk evil against the acts of God such as even the weather, we are blasphemeing God for it is HE who is performing His mighty works towards a sinful world.
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom.
Ps 2:7-12
7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
KJV