The five wise and the five unwise virgins?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
The wise virgins were prepared for the return of Christ,The foolish virgins were slackers.

IAmAWitness

Nov 7, 2012
The wise virgins are the good servants and the foolish virgins are the evil servants.

The night represents a time of tribulation. Those who have kept ample supply of their oil are those who will be prepared for great tribulation. Those who do not have an ample supply will falter in their faith.

The foolish virgins were expecting Christ's return prior to the Tribulation. Therefore, when they find He has not returned according to the time of their pleasing, they share in the cry of the evil servant, "Our Lord delayeth his coming."

The reason the foolish virgins did not have ample supply of oil was because they expected the bridegroom's return much earlier than it would occur. They believed they were fully prepared just like the pre-tribulationists believe. They say that we are prepared for His return while the watchmen and I warn them, nay, you are not prepared for the cataclysm that awaits. The bridegroom will surely tarry and if you are not careful then your oil will burn out.

They will fall asleep (Matthew 25:5), the deception will come such that they the elect may be deceived (Matthew 24:24), some will fall for the great deception or falling away (2 Thes 2:3) and still others will be given over to a reprobate mind (Romans 1:28).

Matthew 24:48-50
"But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of..."

What you see around this place is a group of doctrinal warriors that viciously assault anyone who disagrees with them theologically. You lot are slandering those of us who are Unitarian, are opposed to your man-made rapture doctrine, and many other of your lies as well. You rebuke us and offer us no apology and revile us to our faces. You are evil servants of the devil who are smiting your fellowservants and you have no cause in doing so. You are foolish virgins and we regret to inform you that your eternal salvation is at stake. Continue down this path at your own peril.

Reactions: ENOCH2010

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
What are bridesmaids?......those who believe in Jesus

We as believers keep our lamps full in Christ, submitting, serving, praying, and watching for His return, other believers become tired of waiting, they become lukewarm, the things of this world takes the place of Jesus, ....and when Jesus returns He will say to the lukewarm, "I never knew you"

(Blows the Once Saved always saved doctrine out of the water...)

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
IAmAWitness said:
There's also a larger implication for the Rapture doctrine.
I do not concern myself with the debate of "the rapture"...my eyes Are set on Christ alone, when ever He returns, I want to be ready.

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Ruth,

You stated: What are bridesmaids?......those who believe in Jesus

My response: I believe that the bridesmaids believe in Christ. However, do you see these bridemaids as all believers through out time or just those which are alive at Christ's advent? Also, Do you think the church is the Bride and Bridesmaids?

You stated: We as believers keep our lamps full in Christ, submitting, serving,
praying, and watching for His return, other believers become tired of
waiting, they become lukewarm, the things of this world takes the place
of Jesus, ....and when Jesus returns He will say to the lukewarm, "I
never knew you"

My response: I agree.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There were 5 obedient servants and 5 disobedient servants. It is akin to having 10 people buy guitars but only 5 learn to actually play. The lamp represents a form of godliness...but it is the oil that makes it work...that powers the lamp. So the ones with no oil represents those who do not rely on the power of God. They are just lamp owners not lamp users. They also own bibles and read often from them but do not DO what the bible says. The lamp can also represent seeing by faith as opposed to natural sight. The lamp is a spiritual lamp. Those who claim to have "faith" in Jesus but never walk BY faith but rather continue to rely on their own sight and understanding and therefore remain blind. We are to walk by faith from our spiritual lamps rather than by sight in our carnal capacity. We walk by faith not by sight.

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
guysmith said:
Ruth,

You stated: What are bridesmaids?......those who believe in Jesus

My response: I believe that the bridesmaids believe in Christ. However, do you see these bridemaids as all believers through out time or just those which are alive at Christ's advent? Also, Do you think the church is the Bride and Bridesmaids?
You stated: We as believers keep our lamps full in Christ, submitting, serving,
praying, and watching for His return, other believers become tired of
waiting, they become lukewarm, the things of this world takes the place
of Jesus, ....and when Jesus returns He will say to the lukewarm, "I
never knew you"

My response: I agree.
The foolish bridesmaids could have repented and refilled their lamps, but they thought they had all the time in the world to play and seek selfish pleasures of this world for themselves instead of waiting and serving God. I do not like to make judgment about who is saved and is not, but according to Christ, he called them His Bridemaids, (children of God), the foolish children of God lost their salvation, the oil, the Holy Spirit was gone from them.

The seed and the sower is a great parable showing how many respond after they have heard the truth of the gospel, but most do not grow in faith.

God is merciful, and slow to anger, He will help His children to repentance, no one will have an excuse before The Lord on Judgment day.

Apostle Paul speaking to Christians in Corinth:

Chp. 6:9Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, 10or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God

Apostle Peter writing to Christians:c

2Peter 2 20And when people escape from the wickedness of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and then get tangled up and enslaved by sin again, they are worse off than before.

21It would be better if they had never known the way to righteousness than to know it and then reject the command they were given to live a holy life.

22They prove the truth of this proverb: “A dog returns to its vomit.”g And another says, “A washed pig returns to the mud

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Our's Lord's parable of the ten virgins is a specific Message for the last days, the timing just prior to His return. That's shown by the Matt.25:1 idea of going to meet the Bridegroom (Jesus). Our Lord Jesus gave that parable while upon the Mount of Olives with His disciples, and right after the signs of the end He gave in the previous Matt.24 chapter. So it's definitely a Message about the final days of this world, the great tribulation time He mentioned in Matt.24 and the idea of waiting and watching for His coming.

All ten virgins represent believers, members of His Church, which is why they are all together waiting initially, and all fall asleep together. The hour of midnight there represents the time of His coming. In the parable of the laborers in Matt.20, He gave us the time of the "eleventh hour" with workers that only worked one hour but were paid the same as those who had worked all day. The eleventh hour aligns with the time when these ten virgins slumber and sleep; it's put for the great tribulation timing, since that is the last symbolic 'hour' of this present world just prior to Christ's return.

In Mark 13:10, Jesus is again using the concept of a specific time period, the tribulation time, represented with a certain 'hour'.

In Matt.26:40 and Mark 14:27, Jesus asks His disciples that sleep in the garden of Gethsemane, "...couldest not thou watch one hour?"

In Rev.17:12, Jesus shows us the ten horns (ten kings) receive power with the beast (i.e., beast king) for "one hour".

All those Scriptures are symbolic of the "great tribulation" timing He taught in His Olivet Discourse, and is yet another Biblical way to know the signs He gave in His Olivet Discourse (Matt.24) are for the very end just prior to His second coming.

So, if one understands those Scripture pointers then what major event in the eleventh hour when they slumber is to occur that would cause those five foolish virgins to fall away, and at Christ's appearance He says He never knew them?

Study the seven signs for the end He gave in His Olivet Discourse (Matt.24 & Mark 13) and you should be able to figure it out, as it has to do with false worship to another in His place.