The " FLIP" side of "Does God care"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
@Selah

I agree, God is love but he is not one sided!
View attachment 33135
View attachment 33136
Lovingly Trained By Tough Love

Heb 12:4-11
In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. (5) And you have forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons: “My son, do not take lightly the discipline of the Lord, and do not lose heart when He rebukes you. (6) For the Lord disciplines the one He loves, and He chastises every son He receives.” (7) Endure suffering as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? (8) If you do not experience discipline like everyone else, then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. (9) Furthermore, we have all had earthly fathers who disciplined us, and we respected them. Should we not much more submit to the Father of our spirits and live? (10) Our fathers disciplined us for a short time as they thought best, but God disciplines us for our good, so that we may share in His holiness. (11) No discipline seems enjoyable at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it yields a harvest of righteousness and peace to those who have been trained by it.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Selah

I agree, God is love but he is not one sided!
View attachment 33135
View attachment 33136
Have you considered this in personal application?

God is a jealous God and a consuming fire. He demands that He has all of me to Himself, and burns away everything that prevents it. And this word, yet once more, signifies the removing of things that are shaken, as things that are made . . .

There is what is in me that was created by God, the original man, my flesh being, and there is in me that which was born of God, not made, born. And in the shakings and burnings of chastisement, all that is not born of God is removed.

I think God is VERY one-sided towards His children. He gives us blessings of increase, and blessings of chastening. The greatest pain, the most difficult hardship, for His children, these are still the benefits of God's love. He leaves no part of us or our lives untouched, and all He does with us is from His love for us.

Much love!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you see the multi-faceted God we serve? He is merciful, he expends wrath and anger, He is JUST, forgiving, and of course loving and wise beyond our knowing. And of course, as Marks said, He is also jealous! So no, He is not ONLY love....IMHO.

Reactions: Lambano and Keturah

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not the god of this world but is the creator of all things.
He  will receive glory ,honour, & praise from those that are his.

He loves the unbelieving of this world also, not just the Jewish followers @ that time but all men and sent his ONLY Son as THE ONLY PROPITIATION for the sins of as many as will BELIEVE on him....JESUS.

Those he loves & they that love & follow him will receive as has been said " tough love" in correction against our rebellious disobedience of his will & word. This is ultimate love.

A day has been reserved for the  wrath of God against the wicked unbelieving rejecters of his Son. Until all have heard the word & either receive or reject him a great just  anger has been reserved for that time of recompense. It does NOT MATTER if you believe in the final judgement or not......GOD IS GOD, AND CONSULTS WITH NO MAN ON MATTERS OF JUDGEMENT!

Then the FINAL JUDGEMENT; the Lake of fire !

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God is not the god of this world but is the creator of all things.
He  will receive glory ,honour, & praise from those that are his.

He loves the unbelieving of this world also, not just the Jewish followers @ that time but all men and sent his ONLY Son as THE ONLY PROPITIATION for the sins of as many as will BELIEVE on him....JESUS.

Those he loves & they that love & follow him will receive as has been said " tough love" in correction against our rebellious disobedience of his will & word. This is ultimate love.

A day has been reserved for the  wrath of God against the wicked unbelieving rejecters of his Son. Until all have heard the word & either receive or reject him a great just  anger has been reserved for that time of recompense. It does NOT MATTER if you believe in the final judgement or not......GOD IS GOD, AND CONSULTS WITH NO MAN ON MATTERS OF JUDGEMENT!

Then the FINAL JUDGEMENT; the Lake of fire !
Consider this Keturah; when the term is used, 'the judgement of God' who is it we think is doing the judging and who is the judged?.....for example, if I was to use the expression, 'the judgement of Keturah' would you think that meant you are doing the judging or you are being judged?