The Fruit Of The Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Galatians 5:22-23​

King James Version​

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law

What needs to happen to us, before we can grow and mature in the fruit of the Holy Spirit?

Please correct me if I start adding to Gods word...I do have a habit of doing that sometimes.unfortunately I believe a lot of us do this...we add to Gods word....that’s what I believe he has brought to my attention.

He wants us to listen to him and not our own mumbo jumbo.....and of course we are all at different levels of maturity and understanding in the word of God.......I understand that.

Let us let God speak and learn from his Living word the Bible.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Matthew 7:16-20

King James Version

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes we can know God by his fruits. And that is how I identify the Holy Spirit sometimes, when he provides fruits with his messages. But not always does he do that.

And I think we can identify other trees of evil fruits by their works. Murder, adultery organizations, theft rings, etc. I've heard people try to project that "Ye shall know them by their fruits" passage at other members that they don't agree with. But I think we should leave that to the serious offenders. And only direct that passage at people that love evil.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
passage at other members that they don't agree with
Yes, I have seen that used when others don’t agree with them.

None of us are without error at times, are we?

This is why it’s imperative that we listen to God with our eyes and ears.

Always learning,Brother...I love learning Gods word as I know you do to.

We are his children and he Loves us more than we could ever imagine..

Reactions: dev553344