The Gap Therory

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TalkingDonkey

Sep 7, 2007
(tim_from_pa;17325)
Well, I not only believe all that, but I also like to talk about the lost ten tribes of Israel---- and other "mysterious" topics. I put mysterious in quotes because it is hidden from the average person (or Christian for that matter) but if one digs a little, such answers can be found but at first there is an enjoyable esoteric atmosphere about it.BTW, I love your handle. That old Balaam really had quite an animal there. I find it humorous that God used such an animal to correct a so-called prophet! LOL. Welcome aboard.
Well let me know if you start a thread, or if one has begun talking about the "lost ten tribes" or these other "hidden" revelations. I'd be interested in those discussions as well.Or if anything "hidden" is related to gap theory, add it to this thread.I used to hold to the 6,000 year old Earth doctrine. Mainly because of my upbringing and churches my family went to. It never sat well with me though. Call that spirit or logical thinking or whatever. But because of that past, I do understand why people still believe it. It's kind of like when Galileo tried to tell the world that it wasn't the center of the universe. Many were afraid to change what they've been taught, or what they've taught others.

smallvoice

Sep 11, 2007
I realise that this is a fairly old thread now, but it is one which interests me greatly. Many years ago I took it upon myself to do a word-by-word study of the first two chapters of Genesis. When I say word-for-word,I mean in the Hebrew, which included interpretation of consonants, dealing with the arguments about the waw conversive, hayah (wonderful word that), and other grammar considerations - for little me, hard going but fascinating as it showed a different story to the traditional understanding. It was just a personal journey, and I kept my 'discoveries' largely to myself, and the scenario which I built up in respect of these things. I thought I was the only one who had worked it out that way. I was wrong!! Enter one Arthur Custance. He was an expert in Hebrew, Greek and Cunieform - and a Christian. His Doorway papers are fascinating, if somewhat learned for a small-brain like me, and he deals with Genesis verses 1 and 2 in some detail, and what he has to say ( much better than I could) accords very much with what I discovered and concluded from my own studies. There is NO substitute for finding it out for yourself, but what a buzz it was for me to learn that someone of such learning agreed! Here is where you can download a zipped version of his book on that subject. http://www.custance.org/Library/WFANDV/index.html If you want to access to other papers he has written, just Google Doorway Papers or go to http://www.custance.org/library_menu.htmlps, if you really like the nuts and bolts analysis... http://www.custance.org/Library/Volume6/Pa...troduction.html