the Germans have some pretty good music

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i don't under stand german or speak it but i am trying to learn from these songs
Well don't give up my friend. If you are able to find a patient German speaking person living close to you that would be a good thing to help you. Back when Germany was divided I spent a full year studying in West Berlin. When I was still working I used to translate documents but I retired 18 years ago. No more help or practice there.

My last German friend here died more than 10 years ago but I keep up by reading the Luther Bible in German every day. So reading is easier for me but speaking is more difficult because sometimes I cannot remember particular words. The hardest thing for me is understanding the spoken [or sung] language because I simply almost never hear it any more and my hearing is not what it once was even for English much less German.

Aufwiedersehen! [Until we see each other again]

Last edited:
Reactions: Mister Michael

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
another langauge i want to learn is spanish cuz my father is cuban and want to preserve the spanish tongue.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
another langauge i want to learn is spanish cuz my father is cuban and want to preserve the spanish tongue.
My Spanish is better than my German simply because I learned it for the most part in California where as a child about 20% of the population was Mexican American. In Oklahoma I don't use it as much but it is certainly more common than German.

Reactions: Willie T

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of all the languages I find Ukrainian the most beautiful...I love listening to Ukrainians talk...but I don't understand a single word! :D

Reactions: amadeus

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have never heard of anyone say that German is a beautiful language until now.

My Granddad sounded like a North German but he came from Copenhagen and when I was a child with all the Danish around I was like what's going on, the Main Land Danish accent was just so different.

I would have to say that I like hearing the Italian language the best.

I hope to go to an October fest this year, I have tried to go to one all my life but something other comes up, but sadly I don't drink much now.

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I am Half Cuban Part European (Finnish,Polish,Russian,Ireland) Part Jewish and my mom's dad thought that he might of have German.

B

Butterfly

I have just returned from Germany, my twin brother lives there - but I cannot speak the language - not sure I would call it beautiful, always sounds a bit harsh to me- but at least it's not a ' rushed ' language- I often hear many from European countries on the bus home from work and they just seem to be talking so fast , I find myself thinking ' take a breath '.
Good luck with learning German X
Rita