The gospel of one's own righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

There are two ways of man's righteousness, that is not God's righteousness. One is outward works of righteousness with inward corruption, and the other is doing both good and evil deeds.

The first is Parasitical, and the other is 'good sinners'.

The Pharisee Christians believe in doing righteousness all the time, but do not cleanse within the platter first. The good Christian sinners don't believe in doing righteousness at all times, but only part of the time.

Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that is doing righteousness at all times.

God's righteousness is at all times, not just part of the time. They don't believe in ceasing from sinning, but only in doing less sinning. They're not preaching God's righteousness, but their own.

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

They're not preaching the good news of Jesus Christ to always please the Father with the Son. They're preaching the not-so-good news of pleasing themselves by sinning less than before.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Some Christian sinners exalt themselves as preaching against one's own righteousness, all they while preaching their own lesser righteousness. And they even condemn anyone seeking to do God's righteousness, which is at all times.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

How can any one be doing God's righteousness, while doing unrighteousness? And how can any one be seeking His righteous kingdom first, when it's put on the back burner from time to time?

Doing right at times and doing wrong at times, is man's own righteousness. Those who preach it, are obviously preaching their own righteousness, not God's righteousness of doing right at all times.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The gospel of one's own righteousness​

Popular opinion?

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic

The gospel of one's own righteousness​

Popular opinion?
Group think is certainly in the mix.

It's gospel religion by consensus.

For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

Paul was cured of conforming to the majority opinion, when He met Jesus on the road to Damascus.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Here we see why people preach their own righteousness. It's by unbelief in God's righteousness, which is at all times. In this case, it's the limited righteousness of man only doing good at times, while also continuing to do evil at times.

It's the old lie of the garden, that says man can be as gods with their own righteousness, and not submit ourselves to the righteousness of God:

For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

And it's true, that we make ourselves our own gods by preaching and doing our own manner of righteousness, rather than God's. However, the unspoken truth is that all such gods are no gods, but are idols fit only for destruction.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
God's righteousness a two edged sword:

First, His righteousness is inward and outward righteousness.

Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Next, His righteousness is at all times.

Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that is doing righteousness at all times.
And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Man's righteousness is cut off both ways: Outward righteousness only (Pharisees), and limited righteousness only at times (Christian sinners).

Another doctrinal righteousness only, is inward righteousness with outward unrighteousness. (Faith alone)

The majority that preach their own righteousness, rather than God's, are not the Pharisees, but the religious sinners that only seek to do less unrighteousness than before.