The Gospel Of The New Covenant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
QUOTE (Christina @ Mar 9 2009, 12:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70455
... Your talking in circles and contradictions
I am sorry you can not follow my post...show me where I state a contradiction!QUOTE (savedbygrace57 @ Mar 9 2009, 12:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70454
No I am not saying that, dont be decietful or dishonest and ask questions based on what i said..and not your sly inisnuations..
How is this question decietful or dishonest? I showed in my post where God was not through with Israel as a nation and you come back with..."Your decieved, Israel was and is spiritual..the nation of israel was merely typical.. " This is why I ask the question...

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
QUOTE (savedbygrace57 @ Mar 5 2009, 11:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70270
The Gospel of the New Covenant Jer 31:31Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 33But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
That's correct. There will be a New Covenant with both the house of Israel and the house of Judah---- so that blows to hades those who perpetuate the "spiritual Israel" doctrine as if physical Israel does not matter any longer. This is merely replacement theology. I don't care if the Gentiles receive salvation. That is not in lieu of the promises to Israel. Rather, in due time, God will convert all Israel also. He promises it! I believe it!Now, the next point. I see here people calling Israel a "nation". That's nations if you believe Genesis 35:11 and Genesis 48:19. It matters not if the Israelites became Gentiles (unlike the Jews). They are still enjoying the physical blessings of prosperity and power and multitudes because of the faith of Abraham. Some are now converted as the church are a special few called and chosen of God to rule and reign with Him. The rest will enjoy salvation later in the millennium. But even without salvation and even if they are children of the devil for now, they are still blessed and bring blessing to the rest of the world (e.g. material aide to less fortunate nations).

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
QUOTE (tim_from_pa @ Mar 9 2009, 12:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70461
That's correct. There will be a New Covenant with both the house of Israel and the house of Judah---- so that blows to hades those who perpetuate the "spiritual Israel" doctrine as if physical Israel does not matter any longer. This is merely replacement theology. I don't care if the Gentiles receive salvation. That is not in lieu of the promises to Israel. Rather, in due time, God will convert all Israel also. He promises it! I believe it!Now, the next point. I see here people calling Israel a "nation". That's nations if you believe Genesis 35:11 and Genesis 48:19. It matters not if the Israelites became Gentiles (unlike the Jews). They are still enjoying the physical blessings of prosperity and power and multitudes because of the faith of Abraham. Some are now converted as the church are a special few called and chosen of God to rule and reign with Him. The rest will enjoy salvation later in the millennium. But even without salvation and even if they are children of the devil for now, they are still blessed and bring blessing to the rest of the world (e.g. material aide to less fortunate nations).
My hero:) Thanks for setting things straight like only you can .... Ive missed your input

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
QUOTE (tim_from_pa @ Mar 9 2009, 02:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70461
Can you show me where anything I posted contradicts this? Post # 2 states this as well. Also when do you believe this will take place..all of Israel being saved?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
QUOTE (setfree @ Mar 9 2009, 12:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70463
Can you show me where anything I posted contradicts this? Post # 2 states this as well. Also when do you believe this will take place..all of Israel being saved?
Its who you are saying they are and arent that you talk in such circles Who knows who you are refering to

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
QUOTE (Christina @ Mar 9 2009, 02:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70465
Its who you are saying they are and arent that you talk in such circles Who knows who you are refering to
Again I am sorry you can not follow my post but......I was addressing tim_from_pa

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
That's correct. There will be a New Covenant with both the house of Israel and the house of Judah
They are the same..Judah is just a son of Israel..when restating the promise, God used them inerchangeably heb 8:8For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: So your distinction is a rabbit trail and helps your false philsophy..

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (savedbygrace57 @ Mar 9 2009, 03:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70471
They are the same..Judah is just a son of Israel..when restating the promise, God used them inerchangeably heb 8:8For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: So your distinction is a rabbit trail and helps your false philsophy..
No they aren't the same... explain to me why God divorce Israel and not Judah if they are the same? Explain to me why the house of Judah and the house of Israel are always separated in scriptures if they are the same?

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
No they aren't the same
what verse specifically says they are not the same ? I showed you where God used them inerchangeably when disccussing the recipients of the new Covenant..so now you show us a verse that says they are not the same..I know about the division of the south and the north..but it was still Israel..

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (savedbygrace57 @ Mar 9 2009, 03:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70474
QUOTE (Jordan @ Mar 9 2009, 03:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70473
No they aren't the same...
what verse specifically says they are not the same ? I showed you where God used them inerchangeably when disccussing the recipients of the new Covenant..so now you show us a verse that says they are not the same..I know about the division of the south and the north..but it was still Israel..Pretty much everywhere in the bible. Judah is not in the lineage of Jacob... never has been. Judah will not be Israel until the end of the age... Judah is only 1 to 2 tribes of the House of Israel. The rest is of Jacob. Judah is not even near the lineage of Jacob.And I realize you avoided my previous post questions.

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
Pretty much everywhere in the bible. Judah is not in the lineage of Jacob
Well I got news for you, judah is one of Israels [Jacobs ] Sons..Technically there is no twelve tribes of Israel, without judah.. And you have totally ignored that the Holy Ghost uses them interchangeably..heb 8:[sup]8[/sup]For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: [sup]9[/sup]Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. [sup]10[/sup]For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: They have the same fathers..abraham, isaach, and jacob..you disagree with that to ?

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
QUOTE (setfree @ Mar 9 2009, 03:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70463
I was answering "savedbygrace57" if you look at who I quoted carefully. Let's let that person answer.QUOTE
what verse specifically says they are not the same ? I showed you where God used them inerchangeably when disccussing the recipients of the new Covenant..so now you show us a verse that says they are not the same..I know about the division of the south and the north..but it was still Israel..
C'mon. You can't be serious! Of course they are different otherwise they would not have been addressed separately a zillion times throughout the bible. For definition purposes, the Jew is from the house of Judah which tribally speaking was from mainly Judah and Benjamin. The house of Israel contained the other 10 tribes (of the north) and the leading tribe was Joseph.So, the heads of each nation was Judah and Joseph. Each one had their own promises and each one had their separate destiny, otherwise what would have been the purpose of separating them? And for that matter they are still separate today until Ezekiel 37 occurs.

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
C'mon. You can't be serious!
Yes I am serious, they were only seperatedly addressed because of geogrpahics..not entity..I have showed you a zillion times that the new covenant used them interchangeably here is is again heb 8: 8For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: The same fathers belong to the house of Israel and Judah or the House of Israel, do you deny this ? yes or no ?

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
QUOTE (savedbygrace57 @ Mar 10 2009, 09:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70492
Yes I am serious, they were only seperatedly addressed because of geogrpahics..not entity..I have showed you a zillion times that the new covenant used them interchangeably here is is again heb 8: 8For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: The same fathers belong to the house of Israel and Judah or the House of Israel, do you deny this ? yes or no ?
The Lord is merely addressing BOTH the nations to show that the New Covenant will be applied to both, otherwise He would not have mentioned both. That's because initially the house of Israel would accept the gospel first as hinted in this same passage when only that house was later mentioned, but there are those who say that the Jews did not accept the gospel and therefore the promises to them no longer apply. This passage assures us that the Jews will come on board later.Each house had their own promises, the primary ones being Judah had the promise of the scepter, so anyone of the children of Israel that reigns has go to be from that tribe. A person, from say the tribe of Benjamin is not the rightful ruler, or say, the tribe of Asher. Although these are all Israelites, those other tribes have no right to the scepter.In like manner the tribe of Joseph has the birthright---- this would be the leading tribe in which multitudes of people and nations would descend from. Again, those promises do not belong to the Jew, or someone from the tribe of Simeon, or perhaps the tribe of Gad.It must be noted that careful genealogical distinctions and inheritances must be made and maintained. It is not right to lump all the Israelites and Jews into one category as if what happened to the one applies to the other which is clearly not the case. (That's like saying the history of the Yankees and Rebels are the same because they were all Americans). But in the case of the Lord's New Covenant, He wanted to make sure that the promise went to all the 12 tribes. This was a promise of a New Covenant relationship with Christ, and is not to be confused solely with the Abrahamic or Davidic (or the likes) of covenants. The latter covenants are neither "old" nor "new" and stand as firm today as back when they were made. The only one "nailed to the cross" was the Mosaic covenant of the Law, and even at that, it's the curse of the Law that has been nailed (the penalties or rewards). The moralistic standards still apply.

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
The Lord is merely addressing BOTH the nations to show that the New Covenant will be applied to both,
There is no difference in the House of Israel and that of the House of Israel and Judah..they are the same..you must dont understand what happened in past history to cause the Division, wicked kings is all..later David became King of both territories..The King of Israel..the only difference was geogpraphic..thats it..cabush.They had the same Fathers, abraham, isaach, and Jacob..judah was a son of jacob who became israel..you dont understand that ?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
QUOTE (savedbygrace57 @ Mar 10 2009, 10:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70500
There is no difference in the House of Israel and that of the House of Israel and Judah..they are the same..you must dont understand what happened in past history to cause the Division, wicked kings is all..later David became King of both territories..The King of Israel..the only difference was geogpraphic..thats it..cabush.They had the same Fathers, abraham, isaach, and Jacob..judah was a son of jacob who became israel..you dont understand that ?
then why are they called two sticks that are not yet joined ..in Eze. 37 you are not listening to God Word they are seperate until Christ comes Judah is a remenuat that preserves the Law... rightly divide ...

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
then why are they called two sticks that are not yet joined ..in Eze. 37 you are not listening to God Word they are seperate until Christ comes Judah is a remenuat that preserves the Law... rightly divide ...
I already mentioned that, they were divided at one time, dont you know the Story ? I have repeatedly showed you that The Holy Ghost addressed them interchangeably in heb 8: 8For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: Its the same context, the same people..its plain to see, you reject it because of your traditions of man..

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
QUOTE (savedbygrace57 @ Mar 10 2009, 01:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70500
I never said that Judah wasn't a child of Israel. I am saying that of his 12 sons that different ones had their destinies and were divided up according to prophecy, and we must not lump all the prophecies to Israel to all 12 tribes. Their division was prophesied for the purpose of God, it did not just happen because of the Kings only. That was only the precipitating element.To deny that the two houses are separate and have their own destinies is to deny what God said about that happening according to His Will, for they have not yet rejoined at this point in history.For the record, King David was King over all Israel (but over Judah first then the Northern tribes later), and his son Solomon was King over all Israel, and then the nation divided, so David did not become King "later".Also for the record, we'll record that you said the Yankees and the Rebels were also the same because they were Americans. And when they fought each other just like the Israelites fought the Jews, they were all just fighting their shadows. Because that is what you are effectively saying. Glad that was cleared up.

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
I never said that Judah wasn't a child of Israel. I am saying that of his 12 sons that different ones had their destinies and were divided up according to prophecy, and we must not lump all the prophecies to Israel to all 12 tribes. Their division was prophesied for the purpose of God, it did not just happen because of the Kings only. That was only the precipitating element.
There is no difference in the House of israel and Judah and the House of Israel, the Holy Spirit in describing the blessings of the New Covenant, uses the terms interchangablely..look heb 8: 8For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: Its the same group of people..

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
QUOTE (savedbygrace57 @ Mar 10 2009, 09:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70545
Its the same group of people..
Yes, like I said, we already have you on record for believing that. We also have you on record that the Yanks and the Rebels were the same and there is no difference in their history. Everyone here knows your position.
tongue.gif