The great commission....healing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(setfree;66964)
Yes! Remember, every time Jesus commissioned people to preach the Good News of the Kingdom, He also commissioned them to heal the sick and cast out demons. ....
So, I will ask YOU again, What Are YOU doing about it? You personally. What are you, setfree, doing to further the Kingdom?

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(tomwebster;66966)
So, I will ask YOU again, What Are YOU doing about it? You personally. What are you, setfree, doing to further the Kingdom?
Again...I am having to learn truth before I can share it. I am also learning to listen to the Spirit inside me..and obey. I was taught a lot of lies in church services and I believed them!The Spirit has a lot of work to do in me......What are you doing personally to futher the Kingdom?

GoldenChild

Dec 24, 2008
I used to go to this church where they lay hands on you and they say through the power of Christ that I was healed. But the truth was I really was not healed. I feel that these persons who proclaim this are prideful and full of themselves. I feel that they think they have this power from God. But they do not. It was all in my mind the whole time. I believe God gives us doctors and Nurses for a reason. I am getting better now that I am seeing a doctor. I still get sick but not as much as I used to over the years. And I am able to handle my pain better than ever. I still pray for healing, patience, and guidance for my doctors when they treatment. I guess what I am trying to say is, I think God's healing comes in different forms.GC

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I agree Goldenchild this man healing man .. supposedly because one man has more faith than the other is never what God said. Its a lie of men a preversion of the Word.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
Hebrews 6:1-2 says that the laying-on of hands is an elementary teaching which is foundational for our Christian life: Hebrews 6:1-2: "Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God, instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment." The laying-on of hands is a "foundational" and "elementary" teaching, and therefore it should be taught to every Christian.Many Christians seem to assume that healing died out long ago, or that God chooses to deny most of our prayers for healing. However, the New Testament never says or implies such a thing. Notice that healing in the New Testament was done through people, and therefore the Scriptural model for healing today is that it's meant to be done through people. But people are fallible. We're imperfect. We get things wrong. So if God intends for healing to be done through us, and if we're imperfect, then it stands to reason that we are somehow hindering healing from happening. The blockage is not on God's side, it's on our side. To put it another way, God has 100% of the healing power, and we have 0% of the healing power. Therefore, when God works through us to heal someone, the results will be somewhere between 100% and 0%.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(GoldenChild;66970)
I used to go to this church where they lay hands on you and they say through the power of Christ that I was healed. But the truth was I really was not healed. I feel that these persons who proclaim this are prideful and full of themselves. I feel that they think they have this power from God. But they do not. It was all in my mind the whole time. I believe God gives us doctors and Nurses for a reason. I am getting better now that I am seeing a doctor. I still get sick but not as much as I used to over the years. And I am able to handle my pain better than ever. I still pray for healing, patience, and guidance for my doctors when they treatment. I guess what I am trying to say is, I think God's healing comes in different forms.GC
Christ paid for your healing on the cross.....It's already paid for! To understand this, think about it in terms of salvation. Will God do something to save unbelievers today? Notice that God has already done what needs to be done for unbelievers to be saved because Jesus has already gone to the cross. There's no other way for our sins to receive atonement. It's already paid for! It's finished! So imagine that an unsaved person says things like: "I'm believing that God will save me." "I'm patiently waiting for God to save me." "I believe that God can save me if He wants to." "Why isn't God saving me?" "Maybe it's not God's timing for me to be saved." "Maybe it's not God's will to save me." "Maybe the answer is 'no.' " "Maybe God is allowing me to remain unsaved in order to teach me something." "Maybe being unsaved is actually a blessing." These are false assumptions, right? Jesus has already gone to the cross for that unsaved person, so God is not going to do something to save him. It's already done! But if we substitute the word "heal" in place of the word "save" in the above statements, those are things which most Christians tend to say. Again, God is not going to do something to heal us. He has already done what needs to be done. Notice that if an unsaved person makes any of the above statements then his wrong assumptions are hindering his salvation. In other words, if you look closely at the above statements you can see that he needs to change his thinking in order to have proper faith for salvation. Similarly, if we make any of the above statements (substituting "heal" in place of "save") then our wrong assumptions are hindering our healing. In other words, we need to change some of our thinking in order to have proper faith for healing. It's possible to receive healing even if we have some wrong assumptions, but it's far less likely to happen.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(Christina;66972)
I agree Goldenchild this man healing man .. supposedly because one man has more faith than the other is never what God said. Its a lie of men a preversion of the Word.
What have I said that is a lie? I did not say God saves because someone has more faith! Everything that pleases God is done by faith.......

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(setfree;66993)
Hebrews 6:1-2 says that the laying-on of hands is an elementary teaching which is foundational for our Christian life: Hebrews 6:1-2: "Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God, instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment." The laying-on of hands is a "foundational" and "elementary" teaching, and therefore it should be taught to every Christian.Many Christians seem to assume that healing died out long ago, or that God chooses to deny most of our prayers for healing. However, the New Testament never says or implies such a thing. Notice that healing in the New Testament was done through people, and therefore the Scriptural model for healing today is that it's meant to be done through people. But people are fallible. We're imperfect. We get things wrong. So if God intends for healing to be done through us, and if we're imperfect, then it stands to reason that we are somehow hindering healing from happening. The blockage is not on God's side, it's on our side. To put it another way, God has 100% of the healing power, and we have 0% of the healing power. Therefore, when God works through us to heal someone, the results will be somewhere between 100% and 0%.
Now the truth "Laying on of hands" is a Biblical action; however, there is no biblical mandate requiring the physical laying on of hands for a particular spiritual ministry. Jesus certainly laid His hands on many of those He healed; however, He also healed without laying His hands on people. In fact, there were times when He was nowhere near the vicinity of those He healed. Matthew 8:8 describes Jesus healing the servant of the centurion without going near the centurion’s house.Following are two instances to consider where in one case the Holy Spirit bestows the gift of speaking in tongues with the act of an apostle's laying on of hands and in the other case He does so without the laying on of hands, but simply through the apostle's preaching:"Paul said, ‘John's baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.’ On hearing this, they were baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus. When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied." (Acts 19:4-6)."While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles. For they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God?" (Acts 10:44-46).In the following verse, the thought is not so much in cautioning the physical action of laying on of hands as it is to the idea that bestowing the responsibility of spiritual leadership (however it is done) is to be done with care. It is not to be done "suddenly" or without due consideration. "Do not be hasty in the laying on of hands, and do not share in the sins of others. Keep yourself pure" (1 Timothy 5:22).Undoubtedly the laying on of hands in the early church was a means of connecting the message with the messenger, or the spiritual gift with the gifted giver. It provided a "sign" authenticating him through whom the physical manifestation of a spiritual gift was bestowed. We need to understand very carefully that there are no magical biblical formulas for the ministry of the Church. Laying on of hands has no power in itself. Laying on of hands is only used by God when it is done in agreement with God's Word.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The truth on healing Isaiah 53:5, which is then quoted again in 1 Peter 2:24, is a key verse on healing that is often misunderstood and misapplied. “But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed” (Isaiah 53:5). The word translated “healed” can mean either spiritual or physical healing. However, the contexts of Isaiah 53 and 1 Peter 2 make it clear that it is speaking of spiritual healing. 1 Peter 2:24 says, “He himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by His wounds you have been healed.” The verse is talking about sin and righteousness, not sickness and disease. Therefore, being “healed” is speaking of being forgiven and saved, not physically healed.The Bible does not specifically link physical healing with spiritual healing. Often times people are physically healed when they place their faith in Christ – but this is not always the case. Sometimes it is God’s will to heal, sometimes it is not. The Apostle John gives us the proper perspective: “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of Him” (1 John 5:14-15). God still performs miracles. God still heals people. Sickness, disease, pain, and death are still realities in this world. Unless the Lord returns in the next 50 years or so, almost everyone who is alive today will die, and the vast majority of them (Christians included) will die as the result of a physical problem (disease, sickness, injury). It is not always God’s will to heal us physically.Ultimately, our full physical healing awaits us in Heaven. In Heaven, there will be no more pain, sickness, disease, suffering, or death (Revelation chapter 21). We all need to be less preoccupied with our physical condition in this world, and be a little more preoccupied with our spiritual condition (Romans 12:1-2). Then, we can focus our hearts on heaven and when we will no longer have to deal with physical problems, Revelation 21:4, "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(Christina;67012)
Now the truth "Laying on of hands" is a Biblical action; however, there is no biblical mandate requiring the physical laying on of hands for a particular spiritual ministry. Jesus certainly laid His hands on many of those He healed; however, He also healed without laying His hands on people. In fact, there were times when He was nowhere near the vicinity of those He healed. Matthew 8:8 describes Jesus healing the servant of the centurion without going near the centurion’s house.Following are two instances to consider where in one case the Holy Spirit bestows the gift of speaking in tongues with the act of an apostle's laying on of hands and in the other case He does so without the laying on of hands, but simply through the apostle's preaching:"Paul said, ‘John's baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.’ On hearing this, they were baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus. When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied." (Acts 19:4-6)."While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles. For they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God?" (Acts 10:44-46).In the following verse, the thought is not so much in cautioning the physical action of laying on of hands as it is to the idea that bestowing the responsibility of spiritual leadership (however it is done) is to be done with care. It is not to be done "suddenly" or without due consideration. "Do not be hasty in the laying on of hands, and do not share in the sins of others. Keep yourself pure" (1 Timothy 5:22).Undoubtedly the laying on of hands in the early church was a means of connecting the message with the messenger, or the spiritual gift with the gifted giver. It provided a "sign" authenticating him through whom the physical manifestation of a spiritual gift was bestowed. We need to understand very carefully that there are no magical biblical formulas for the ministry of the Church. Laying on of hands has no power in itself. Laying on of hands is only used by God when it is done in agreement with God's Word.
I agree laying hands has no power in itself!

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
Paul said that God has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ (Ephesians 1:3). Christ was raised up and seated at the right hand of the Father in the heavenly realms, and we are seated with Him in the heavenly realms right now because we are in Him (Ephesians 1:20). We can't visualize or comprehend this very easily because we think of our present physical reality as being the "true" reality. But this physical reality is only temporary, and the unseen spiritual reality is eternal (2 Corinthians 4:18). The unseen spiritual reality is the true reality. At this very moment, our born-again spirit is a citizen of heaven (Philippians 3:20), and in the unseen spiritual reality we have already been raised up with Christ and seated with Him in the heavenly realms (Ephesians 2:6). Our spirit is in Christ and with Christ at all times, as part of His body, but our mind and emotions are more focused on the cares and responsibilities and pleasures of our temporary physical reality down here in "this dark world" (Ephesians 6:12). Obviously we will have cares and responsibilities in this world, and not all pleasures are wrong, but if we can allow the spiritual reality to flow through our spirit into the physical world like streams of living water (John 7:38-39), then we are more likely to see miracles and healings and so on. Unfortunately, Christians are mostly tuned into this physical world and rarely tune into the unseen spiritual reality, so they rarely experience much of the supernatural here on earth.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Any one basing their faith on the gifts as perverted by man are in deep trouble you do not understand the Book of Acts you are basing your faith in a few verses written in Cor. that were meant for those needed to Start the church they have been and are utterly and completely perverted by men lies in today's religious traditions Instead of basing ones faith in what was necessary then to start the great commission of The kingdom of God is near That gospel was to preached around the World and begin the time of the gentiles.look to what God through the death of Jesus Christ has accomplished We no longer need the gift of Languages as the Gospel is written in every language of the World we no longer need the Apostles to heal us as Christ/God The belief in Christ has given each and everyone of the ability to ask God in the name of Christ ..that his will be done If you have to ask someone else to do this for you then you doubt Jesus Christ died for youWe no longer need laying on of hands when we accept Christ as our savior and repent of our sins we receive the Holy spirit to think someone human has to give one this is to doubt Christ The proof of a prophet is that he is 100% right 100 % of the time and his prophecy must apply to the Entire Church of Christianity .... I come in the Book theses are Gods Words for us today ..The gospel has been preached Around the World ..This time of the gentiles is about to End if you are basing your faith on tools need 2000 years ago to begin the time of the gentiles to get us to where we are today ..and not thanking God and learning what tools we need to get to the End you are in trouble.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
First of all, recall that receiving salvation means that we become a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17, Galatians 6:14-15, Colossians 3:9-10, Ephesians 4:22-24). Receiving salvation does not cause our old self to be "patched" or "healed" because our old self is crucified (Romans 6:6-8) and our spirit is born from God (John 1:12-13, 3:3, 6, 8, 1 Peter 1:3, 23, 1 John 5:1). This new spiritual life is available to us because of the shed blood of Jesus (e.g. Romans 4:25, 5:6-10, Colossians 1:20). Now, notice that Isaiah told us that Jesus was going to do some things for us: Isaiah 53:4: "Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted." Isaiah 53:5: "But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." Jesus took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, and was pierced for our transgressions, and was crushed for our iniquities, and His punishment brought us peace, and by His wounds we are healed. Jesus did more for us than we can comprehend! Notice that Isaiah specifically said that Jesus will be stricken and smitten. The Hebrew words for "stricken" and "smitten" mean "violently, to strike" and "give [wounds]...(give) stripes" respectively, according to Strong's Hebrew Dictionary. The vicious whipping that Jesus received on His back (His "stripes") certainly fulfills this part of the prophecy. Isaiah also said that Jesus will bring peace (i.e. peace with God) and healing to us. Consider that if the salvation parts of Isaiah's prophecy apply to us (and certainly they do) then the healing parts of Isaiah's prophecy apply to us also. Here's that passage in a more literal translation of the Bible (Young's Literal Translation): Isaiah 53:4 (YLT): "Surely our sicknesses he hath borne, And our pains--he hath carried them, And we--we have esteemed him plagued, Smitten of God, and afflicted." Isaiah 53:5 (YLT): "And he is pierced for our transgressions, Bruised for our iniquities, The chastisement of our peace is on him, And by his bruise there is healing to us." ... Isaiah 53:12 (YLT): "Therefore I give a portion to him among the many, And with the mighty he apportioneth spoil, Because that he exposed to death his soul, And with transgressors he was numbered, And he the sin of many hath borne, And for transgressors he intercedeth." Isaiah said that "our sicknesses he hath borne [taken away] ... And he the sin of many hath borne [taken away]." Notice that Jesus took away all of our sicknesses, just as He took away all of our sins. We receive healing as a free gift by faith, just as we receive salvation as a free gift by faith.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I have no interst in debating you Setfree what you post has nothing to do with the subject I posted you are debating things not said as normal you just take some idea in your mind and try to make it fit your ideas on a subject as if Im denying what hasnt even been talked about ... smoke and mirrors to avoid facing the truth of scripture

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(setfree;66967)
...What are you doing personally to futher the Kingdom?
Right now I'm talking to you.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(GoldenChild;67020)
Why am I sick?
Dont believe this bunch of mens lies Goldenchild You have all these things in you when you accepted Christ as your savior and repented you do not need men who claim to have more holy spirit than you .. God knows whats in your heart ...Men that define their faith by a single doctrine whether it be the gifts or the rapture or anything other single doctrine are lost in mens religion Gods Word is a total pakage its all inspired by him he comes in the book not the words and actions of men .. Talk to him trust your faith .. use your mind (common sense) do not let mens lies and religious traditions sway you. God has given you doctors and nurses and clean hospitals and allowed men to find medication. Thank him for it.Do not let men guilt you into the idea your faith is not good enough ... Its the arrogance of men talking not God ...

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
Yes a free gift! I wonder why so many try to take that free gift and pervert it with the law. We dont have to do anything its just free! Amen

GoldenChild

Dec 24, 2008
Thank You
smile.gif
(Christina;67023)
Dont believe this bunch of mens lies Goldenchild You have all these things in you when you accepted Christ as your savior and repented you do not need men who claim to have more holy spirit than you .. God knows whats in your heart ...Men that define their faith by a single doctrine whether it be the gifts or the rapture or anything other single doctrine are lost in mens religion Gods Word is a total pakage its all inspired by him he comes in the book not the words and actions of men .. Talk to him trust your faith .. use your mind (common sense) do not let mens lies and religious traditions sway you. God has given you doctors and nurses and clean hospitals and allowed men to find medication. Thank him for it.Do not let men guilt you into the idea your faith is not good enough ... Its the arrogance of men talking not God ...

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(tomwebster;67022)
Right now I'm talking to you.
Oh, I see! but I answered you!