The Happiest Day of your Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Describe the happiest day of your life. If several days come to mind that are hard to distinguish on the happiness meter, don't respond. Be careful to distinguish the most important day from your happiest day and the day on which you actually were the happiest from the day on which you SHOULD have been the happiest. Respond only if one or at most 2 days were so special that they've burned themselves in your memory as 1 or 2 of the emotional highlights of your life.

In my life 2 days distinguish themselves as my happiest days, one day the spiritual turning point in my life and the other day a bizarre high-risk day on which I did something foolish that turned out unimaginably wonderful. I'll let you people respond first. I'm curious about whether there are any unexpected common denominators in your happiest days.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The most joyious day of my life EVER was when I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Master and chose to FOLLOW Him or this life was NOT worth living !

The most precious day was when I fell in love for real with the blessing of my 2 children !

Reactions: mailmandan

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wonderful but vague! Would you mind sharing some details about either or both days? For example, did you feel marvelously ambushed by God? Did your conversion seem a distinct possibility when that day began? Were you converted through a sermon or through personal evangelism? etc.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got married was one day and another day my wife and I both latched on to a ministry that spoke Truth.

But my happiest day had not come yet.

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MY 2ND HAPPIEST DAY

Between my 2nd and 3rd year in seminary I was working in the Grand Canyon Tourist Center during the week and was hired to preach on Sundays at the altar by the natural colosseum at the rim's edge. I lived near the Grand Canyon Airport 9 miles from the South Rim village. One day, I was having lunch with Bad Water Bill in the local restaurant when I mentioned that I'd like to hike down and up the canyon. Several men overheard me and warned me that I was too fair to survive the hike and that an eastern city slicker like me had died trying the previous year. This hurt my pride. So I brashly announced that I would run down and up the canyon. Everyone laughed and that made me mad. So I coldly replied, "Come and watch me!" They winked at each other and decided to call my bluff; so a caravan of gawkers went to the Kaibab Trail to watch me back out of my alleged 16 mile run. I brought no water and had done no prior running in preparation.

To their dismay I sprinted down the trail to shouts of "Suicide!" and covered the 7-mile trip down to the Colorado River in 1 hour and 25 minutes. On the way, I had a scare: I saw an ascending mule train and their leader screamed at me to stop, but I couldn't because my feet were locked in perpetual motion. So I had to trip myself and received some well deserved dirty looks as the mule train passed by. On the way up, I learned an important lesson: it's easier to run down a canyon than to run up it! Duh! But I covered 12.6 miles down and up to Indian Garden in 2 hours and 25 minutes with just 3 1/2 miles to go.

By then I was badly dehydrated and noticed a water spigot at Indian Gardens. So I must have drunk a gallon of water. Of course that gave me cramps so bad that I had to pick up my legs with my hands to complete the additional 3 1/2 miles up. I had completed 12.6 miles in 2 hours and 25 minutes and the world record for the whole 16 mile trek was 3 1/2 hours. But now, cramped up, my ego was shattered by an elderly Indian lady who shouted, "Move aside, sonny, I'm in a hurry!" When I got to the top, I ordered a large meal at the Bright Angel Lodge, but couldn't eat it. The waiter realized why and I didn't have to pay for that dinner.

After showering in my trailer, I went to the cafe where a wedding reception was going on. There were beautiful young women who had heard of my boast to run down and up the canyon, and they wanted to have some fun with the canyon preacher. So one by one they sat on my lap and put their arms around me. That was wonderfully embarrassing because my legs were so weakened by my run that they shook. These young women found that hilarious and that got me more similar attention, but to my horror, some of them didn't believe my explanation that I had actually run down and up the canyon!

As foolish and risky as this adventurous day was, I was ecstatic that I had actually run most of the way and survived. The views of course were breath-taking. And all the female attention I got at the wedding reception was fabulous too. It seemed in retrospect that the whole day had really been several days. I have never felt so alive in my life, despite the risky folly, and often relive that day, the 2nd happiest of my life.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The happiest day of my life was when I retired at age 60 and became a pensioner, because I've felt free ever since..:)
And I'm better off financially, I get £180 pension per week (including pension credit), and Housing Benefit pays every penny of my £95 weekly rent, and Council Tax benefit also pays for that.
My only outgoings for food and bills are about £60 per week, which means £120 is going straight into my pocket every week.
I mention this in case there are any people worried about how they'll make ends meet when they retire, every case is different of course, but for me it's a piece o' cake..:)

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wonderful but vague! Would you mind sharing some details about either or both days? For example, did you feel marvelously ambushed by God? Did your conversion seem a distinct possibility when that day began? Were you converted through a sermon or through personal evangelism? etc.

Whatever it is you are looking for YOU MUST tell us since you seem UNHAPPY with our answers. You seem to think you've found some profound revelation known only to you.

Ado!

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d: "Whatever it is you are looking for YOU MUST tell us since you seem UNHAPPY with our answers.

LOL, I just told you: I want details of your personal testimony, not the expected vague and cliched response that no one would find helpful. Many unbelievers monitor this site. Are you ashamed of the Gospel?

L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d: "You seem to think you've found some profound revelation known only to you."

Wow, why so defensive? Don't you even want to explain why the day of your conversion was the happiest day of your life? I suspect you just gave the expected answer rather than the real answer. Far from some "profound revelation," I shared a day on which I was very foolish, despite the fact that it brought me an unbelievably happy memory to frequently savor for the rest of my life.