The Holy Ghost is with sinners...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is here to lead us out of our sins. He blesses us with the Holy Spirit and leads us out of our sins. I was watching a church conference and I found it really legalistic. As if God would not bless sinners with his holy spirit. Yet they talk about being worthy of the Holy Spirit. What tripe. As if you have to be worthy to be saved. The worthy need no saving from God. Or do they?

Honestly I can think of no better service that the Holy Spirit could do then to be with sinners to save them. Can you?

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a sinner and the Holy Spirit is with me and guides me to sin less. And that is truth.

Jesus made it clear that he will be with the sinners to lead them to salvation. The worthy have no need of a physician.

God being with me tells me I'm worth being saved! Cheers!

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found myself having a conversation with God. It went like this: "Thank you for staying with me and not forsaking me. I want to be with you someday and be part of your loving family" Then I realized I'm with him now, thru his holy spirit!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody saved is worthy to be saved anyway lol if we had to wait until we were worthy to come to Christ we would be waiting forever lol
So true. I was having a spiritual day feeling the Holy Spirit when I wrote this. It was nice. I try to watch church and pray daily to have more peace in my life. Such a blessing.

Reactions: friend of

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great stuff Devin! As Jesus said, he didn't come for the righteous but for sinners and we are ALL sinners!
Thanks, yeah I kept hearing that you had to be worthy to have the Holy Ghost. And then it clicked, then why do I have the Holy Ghost. Something didn't make sense. I was watching a church conference that was focused on worthiness. I didn't seem to follow it too well.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, yeah I kept hearing that you had to be worthy to have the Holy Ghost. And then it clicked, then why do I have the Holy Ghost. Something didn't make sense. I was watching a church conference that was focused on worthiness. I didn't seem to follow it too well.
We know that we can only go to Jesus if God wills us to do so. As to why God wills for some but not all is a mystery to me but I have total trust in his plan.

John 6:44
No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day

Reactions: dev553344

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I like what Paul said (I think it was Paul) when he said that the Jews judged themselves to be unworthy because they rejected faith in Christ, so he was turning to the gentiles (can't remember the verse).

On that note, I believe our Faith makes us worthy through Christ.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like what Paul said (I think it was Paul) when he said that the Jews judged themselves to be unworthy because they rejected faith in Christ, so he was turning to the gentiles (can't remember the verse).

On that note, I believe our Faith makes us worthy through Christ.
Very encouraging words there. Thanks for that.

Reactions: friend of

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is here to lead us out of our sins. He blesses us with the Holy Spirit and leads us out of our sins. I was watching a church conference and I found it really legalistic. As if God would not bless sinners with his holy spirit. Yet they talk about being worthy of the Holy Spirit. What tripe. As if you have to be worthy to be saved. The worthy need no saving from God. Or do they?

Honestly I can think of no better service that the Holy Spirit could do then to be with sinners to save them. Can you?

Indeed, what you have said is true. And yes, some still live legalistically as if still under the law.

Notice that the grace of God came in the same timing as the Holy Spirit.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, what you have said is true. And yes, some still live legalistically as if still under the law.

Notice that the grace of God came in the same timing as the Holy Spirit.
Well I was watching Mormon conference and I thought I heard them say something like this:

"Every one of us who has been baptized and confirmed has been given the gift of the Holy Ghost, which means we have the right, whenever we are worthy, to have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. So now the key is to stay worthy and do things that will help bring the Spirit into our lives."

Feeling the Spirit

So I looked it up and found it was from their teachings on their website. See the link above "feeling the spirit". They believe to have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost you have to be worthy of it.

I'm mentally ill though, but I believe I have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost and I am a sinner due to my mental illness. But I am filled with daily peace and love and I notice that it is from God.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there any scriptural support for what the Mormons teach? That to have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost you must be worthy?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there any scriptural support for what the Mormons teach? That to have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost you must be worthy?
No, that's just their take on it.

There is much more (and much less) to it. The details are immense, but so is the grace of God. And we need to remember, the Holy Spirit is rather a "gift." For those who receive the Holy Spirit, the qualifications are included. "Ask and ye shall receive."

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that's just their take on it.

There is much more (and much less) to it. The details are immense, but so is the grace of God. And we need to remember, the Holy Spirit is rather a "gift." For those who receive the Holy Spirit, the qualifications are included. "Ask and ye shall receive."
I did a quick internet searching the scriptures for "worthy of the Holy Ghost" and nothing came up. So yeah.

Perhaps they think you have to be worthy of it because God does not look upon sin.

Habakkuk 1:13 NKJV​

You are of purer eyes than to behold evil, And cannot look on wickedness. Why do You look on those who deal treacherously, And hold Your tongue when the wicked devours A person more righteous than he?

But if God doesn't look upon sin then how can he judge? And what about Sodom and Gamorrah? How did he know to create the flood? He saw there wickedness and judged them.

So then perhaps it is the sacrament somehow confused with leading the sinners to be better:

1 Corinthians 11:29 For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body.

Reactions: ScottA

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Yes, the Holy Ghost is now with sinners, to convict them of their sinning unto repentance. The Holy Ghost is within His believers once repented, to guide them into all truth of God and His word.

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him:

Unrepented sinners can't receive the Holy Ghost.

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

The Holy Ghost is now shed upon all flesh of men by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

The Holy Ghost is now with all sinners to convict them of sinning.

But ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

The Holy Ghost is now with and also within all His repented believers.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

The Holy Ghost is now guiding from within all His repented saints, into all the truth of God and His words.

All sinners are still commanded to repent by God, and has sent His Spirit upon all flesh to convict them of their sinning unto repentance.

All repented saints are now commanded and guided by God to keep His commandments and do His truth. They now have the Spirit and power of Christ going with and within them to keep His Son's faith and commandments, and themselves unspotted with the sinning of the world.

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

This is the gospel of Jesus Christ and His once repented saints from the Bible verses. It's not the unrepentant sinners gospel of Christian religion.

Last edited: