"The Hurricane" quotes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
Our speaker briefly related the story of Rubin "Hurricane" Carter and how he discovered freedom in his mind by hating the things that control other people's lives.- He would not compromise his dignity in jail when enticed by "treats".He found freedom from control when he didn't want or need anything they could deprive him of.How do you maintain your dignity?What did you get from the film?

SoldierforChrist

Sep 21, 2008
Wow, this is wierd that you would bring this up. I just watched that movie for the first time a few days ago! I greatly enjoyed the movie, and though I found the injustice appalling, it was a very good movie.

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
(SoldierforChrist;59803)
Wow, this is wierd that you would bring this up. I just watched that movie for the first time a few days ago! I greatly enjoyed the movie, and though I found the injustice appalling, it was a very good movie.
The extreme circumstances showed the vanity of normal existance, how people live day-to-day for "treats", if that's what they allow and have no other purpose