the infirmity of your flesh:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sense of 'thou shalt surely die' is to be understood as 'dying you will die'

Prior to the expulsion from the garden of Eden because of disobedience, they they were partakers of the tree of life.....it perpetuated life. Their removal left no 'recharge' ability and their life ebbed away.

Cannot say I agree at all that Adam and Eve ALSO took from the Tree of Life before their expulsion, nor at any other time, as God did guard it so they could not...or am I missing something here? Had they eaten of it would they not have lived forever...in a state of sin?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cannot say I agree at all that Adam and Eve ALSO took from the Tree of Life before their expulsion, nor at any other time, as God did guard it so they could not...or am I missing something here? Had they eaten of it would they not have lived forever...in a state of sin?

?

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, that makes sense but, why did it take so long for them to actually die I wonder?
Some wrong ideas in the previous posts, re tree of life, but no worries hopefully.

How long it took them to "actually die" is a very human , but unspiritual , concept.

Even in human terms, like if a mob boss in New York City said of someone "You're a dead man".... well, they would know that they were dead then, even if it was anywhere from an hour, to 40 years later they were executed...
or if poisoned, in some particular way (quite common in the usa, btw), someone could 'know' they would be dead from it, though perhaps after decades, not right away obvious, ......

More to the point actually - When God says something, it is truth. It is unchangeable. When God Says we were crucified with Christ before the creation of the world, it is true already, without explanation, and without contradicting anything. i.e. it does not mean we had any existence before we were conceived (that's a known heresy). It plainly means that God's Plan of Salvation, including our existence once far in the future (as humans consider time), was 'guaranteed' - no possible chance God's Word ever not being accomplished as He Planned, Purposed, and Spoke.

Even all the universe and all on and in the world - was spoken by God into existence.... with no variableness - His Word is So Totally Perfect and Complete, without error, without any iniquity, without any failure at all to be as He Says.

What God spoke centuries ago, is absolutely certainly truth, centuries later - being accomplished in its time as He Decided. (I think this is specified similar in places in Scripture - someone is born, or dies, or goes into slavery, or rules a country, a people, or prevents extravagant loss from a 7 year famine, exactly as Yahweh Planned and Purposed all along since scheduling all the days , before creating anything at all, perfectly) ....

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some wrong ideas in the previous posts, re tree of life, but no worries hopefully.

How long it took them to "actually die" is a very human , but unspiritual , concept.

Even in human terms, like if a mob boss in New York City said of someone "You're a dead man".... well, they would know that they were dead then, even if it was anywhere from an hour, to 40 years later they were executed...
or if poisoned, in some particular way (quite common in the usa, btw), someone could 'know' they would be dead from it, though perhaps after decades, not right away obvious, ......

More to the point actually - When God says something, it is truth. It is unchangeable. When God Says we were crucified with Christ before the creation of the world, it is true already, without explanation, and without contradicting anything. i.e. it does not mean we had any existence before we were conceived (that's a known heresy). It plainly means that God's Plan of Salvation, including our existence once far in the future (as humans consider time), was 'guaranteed' - no possible chance God's Word ever not being accomplished as He Planned, Purposed, and Spoke.

Even all the universe and all on and in the world - was spoken by God into existence.... with no variableness - His Word is So Totally Perfect and Complete, without error, without any iniquity, without any failure at all to be as He Says.

What God spoke centuries ago, is absolutely certainly truth, centuries later - being accomplished in its time as He Decided. (I think this is specified similar in places in Scripture - someone is born, or dies, or goes into slavery, or rules a country, a people, or prevents extravagant loss from a 7 year famine, exactly as Yahweh Planned and Purposed all along since scheduling all the days , before creating anything at all, perfectly) ....

Yes, He knows the end from the beginning. It appears to me in my mind like a huge canvass of life on Earth from the moment He created it right up until the end...it's all been painted and He uses what Satan meant for evil into good. Eternity and time...such an interesting thing to consider. Also, another interesting to think upon is that Jesus died for our sins before we ever even committed one! Way before we were born into this world as...He knew us in our mothers womb...every hair on our heads...every tear we cry...every single thing we would do.

And His victory and satan's defeat has already happened, when Christ gave up the ghost on that cross. Just because it hasn't yet happened in OUR "time" means nothing...He has the victory and so do those who love and follow Him.
God Bless!

Reactions: Joseph77

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Haven’t seen any of your post lately? Missed reading your perspective. If you were gone for a while(or just posting less), I’m glad you are back.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haven’t seen any of your post lately? Missed reading your perspective. If you were gone for a while(or just posting less), I’m glad you are back.
Let's just say there was a mis-understanding so I was gone for a while. Now I am seeing if it is God's Purpose that I visit this forum at all - (it honestly does not look likely much) - He will have to Reveal to me clearly that I should at least, and perhaps He Will be so Gracious as to Reveal why ? I was surprised myself that I visited today at all.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's just say there was a mis-understanding so I was gone for a while. Now I am seeing if it is God's Purpose that I visit this forum at all - (it honestly does not look likely much) - He will have to Reveal to me clearly that I should at least, and perhaps He Will be so Gracious as to Reveal why ? I was surprised myself that I visited today at all.

Glad you are back for now at least. I struggle with coming here. Sometimes wondering if it is just an escape and another form of addiction(for me), or for Him.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad you are back for now at least. I struggle with coming here. Sometimes wondering if it is just an escape and another form of addiction(for me), or for Him.
Praying we find out this week ! (or in time as God Decides when is best and right and good and perfect) ....

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Children of the flesh, but dead to God until and if we have received the Life that Jesus brought!

don't bother, quietthinker has his own religion he's preaching, and has supporters to help his efforts.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
don't bother, quietthinker has his own religion he's preaching, and has supporters to help his efforts.
Is that true also of most members and visitors ? It seems to be quite common/ popular.....

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He's saying we all sin, and God can free you from it, and when we choose God we can go work his vineyard and make more grapes.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that true also of most members and visitors ? It seems to be quite common/ popular.....

well web sites like this one can accommodate the disenfranchised and the frustrated, but it also presents opportunity for such to test their wares
, see if it flies or not. how does that song go, "everyone wants to rule the world", even if it be their own little world.