The Insanity of the "right" to have guns!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus told us to sell our coat to buy a sword. You are carefully disingenous in pretending that was a metephorical sword.

I've asked you to honestly answer. You could not, showing yourself the most disingenuous poster I've come across on these boards.

May God have mercy on your soul.

Also, stop and think. Jesus told them each to buy a sword. But they only had two swords. So this shows that they were not literally following Christ's original instructions. This means that they simply did not understand the spiritual secondary application of Jesus’ instructions. The spiritual meaning is that they EACH needed to have the spiritual sword or Scripture to get them through the spiritual battle in seeing their Lord crucified. No battle or fight was wine with them having two swords. No lesson of self defense by our Lord was made with these two swords. The only purpose of the two physical swords was that Jesus could be numbered with the transgressors (i.e. to fulfill prophecy).

Last edited:
Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This means that they simply misunderstood Jesus in that they EACH needed to have the spiritual sword or Scripture

AMEN!

“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds” (2 Corinthians 10:3-4)

Reactions: Bible Highlighter

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus told us to sell our coat to buy a sword. You are carefully disingenous in pretending that was a metephorical sword.

I've asked you to honestly answer. You could not, showing yourself the most disingenuous poster I've come across on these boards.

May God have mercy on your soul.

While the real swords were for the point of fulfilling prophecy, there is a secondary meaning that is spiritual that all of us believers need to hear.

As for the selling of the coat:

Job 29:14
“I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment was as a robe and a diadem.”

So clothing can symbolize righteousness or our judgment on things. So Jesus is telling them to sell their judgment on how things are and rely on Scripture instead.

The disciples definitely needed to heed this advice.

Just two chapters later from Luke 22, on the Road to Emmaus, we read about how the risen Lord talking with two disciples (whereby they did not know it was the Lord) telling them that they should have believed the Scriptures about His crucifixion (Which was a part of God's plan).

Luke 24:25-27
“Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.”

The disciples needed to have the spiritual sword (Scripture) to be able to give them understanding and comfort of what was really happening. For the disciples had no clue as to Christ's death and resurrection even after He was risen. It was only later when Christ revealed Himself to the disciples, that He obviously explained things to them.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point of the real swords was to fulfill prophecy not self defense.

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and your family of say, 6, have a couple of guns, which you take with you wherever you go. You are being mugged by a gang of 10-15 heavily armed thugs, who murder as a living.

Exactly HOW will your TWO guns "save" or "protect", your family?

Do you choose to all die; or, will you call on the Might of our Great God?
The Left always come up with these extreme hypothetical situations that we see in the movies.
You and your family of say, 6, have a couple of guns, which you take with you wherever you go. You are being mugged by a gang of 10-15 heavily armed thugs, who murder as a living.

Exactly HOW will your TWO guns "save" or "protect", your family?

Do you choose to all die; or, will you call on the Might of our Great God?
Little do they know, I am Rambo in
disguise. :p Just kidding. I'd say a quick prayer for God's help, then single out the leader, tell him Jesus is going to give you an opportunity to walk away from this without getting killed. He'll laugh and say we have 15 guns on you and your family - you will all die. I will say, I know and none of your men will die today _ except you. I will shoot you right between the eyes before I go. Now do you want to tell your men to drop their weapons, turn around and walk away or do YOU want to die?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, stop and think. Jesus told them each to buy a sword. But they only had two swords. So this shows that they were not literally following Christ's original instructions.
No. You are very disingenuous. Why did Jesus say if you don't already have a sword? It means he had approved them having weapons before that night.

And there is no evidence the disciples misunderstood Jesus. On the contrary, he said the physical swords they had would be enough. No rebuke for misunderstanding he meant a spiritual sword. And who sells a cloak for this spiritual gift? And who buys spiritual gifts? You are just ridiculous.

Reactions: APAK

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Left always come up with these extreme hypothetical situations that we see in the movies.

Agreed.

False Alternative. The reason to buy insurance is for scenarios where it is useful. No one buys insurance for scenarios that are of no help whatsoever, like buying life insurance on your spouse when everyone dies in a plane crash.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With this kind of attitude, it seems like GOD has left you to the wolves of random chance of death and destruction and He does not care for you.
What attitude? The Great Tribulation is about here - if we are not already in it. GOD IS SOVEREIGN AND HIS JUDGMENTS CERTAIN. CHANCE IS NOTHING, IT HAS NO POWER.
GOD does allow the Antichrist to do his thing for a short time (3 1/2 years) - or are you one of those who thinks Revelation is not to be taken literally? I may survive it, die or be raptured. I accept it will happen but I can't prevent it nor do I want to - I can't wait and say Come LORD JESUS.
I am comfort in the fact that no one in life gets away with anything evil. All will have to answer for their sin, minus those of us who have been saved.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Little do they know, I am Rambo in
disguise. :p Just kidding. I'd say a quick prayer for God's help, then single out the leader, tell him Jesus is going to give you an opportunity to walk away from this without getting killed. He'll laugh and say we have 15 guns on you and your family - you will all die. I will say, I know and none of your men will die today _ except you. I will shoot you right between the eyes before I go. Now do you want to tell your men to drop their weapons, turn around and walk away or do YOU want to die?

Yeah, it's always "the Left" as though there are no individuals who disagree with you and think for themselves. That's just trumpian propaganda. Demonize the opposition instead of making cogent arguments. Suppose I wrote "The Right always come up with these extreme hypothetical situations that we see in the movies. Little do they know" Then I would sound equally as unthinking as you.

"I will shoot you right between the eyes before I go" is the exact opposite of "If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone" Romans 12:18

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
<snip> All will have to answer for their sin <snip>

Including you! Matthew 7:22-23, "Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ "

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, it's always "the Left" as though there are no individuals who disagree with you and think for themselves.

LOL. A Leftist is what a Leftist does, thinks, says, etc.

Your aregument is even though I look, sound and fly like a duck ...

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. You took the selling of ones coat symbolicly? Too funny.

I am not denying that the primary reason they were to sell their coat and buy a real sword was to fulfill prophecy. Jesus was to be numbered with the transgressors. No doubt about it. But we know Scripture also has a secondary meaning that is also spiritual. Yes, Jesus told them to buy literal swords, but this was for only the fulfillment of prophecy in being numbered with being like that of a criminal (When Jesus was not a criminal). Jesus ultimately desired Peter and the others to trust in Scripture and not in any swords. Yes. Jesus did tell them to buy physical swords and to sell physical coats. This is true. But the secondary meaning is spiritual sort of like Messianic prophecies. Messianic prophecies are spiritual parallels in the OT stories. This is what Peter and the others did not grasp yet. They ultimately needed the spiritual sword to get them through the upcoming challenge and not a physical sword (Although they were simply obeying their Lord without really thinking in spiritual terms).

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.” (Romans 12:19)

Reactions: Bible Highlighter

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What attitude? The Great Tribulation is about here - if we are not already in it. GOD IS SOVEREIGN AND HIS JUDGMENTS CERTAIN. CHANCE IS NOTHING, IT HAS NO POWER.
GOD does allow the Antichrist to do his thing for a short time (3 1/2 years) - or are you one of those who thinks Revelation is not to be taken literally? I may survive it, die or be raptured. I accept it will happen but I can't prevent it nor do I want to - I can't wait and say Come LORD JESUS.
I am comfort in the fact that no one in life gets away with anything evil. All will have to answer for their sin, minus those of us who have been saved.

I believe Christians will definitely be taken before God releases the really bad stuff (like the Trumpet and Bowl Judgments) (i.e. the Day of the Lord). But yes. I believe Revelation describes literal events mixed in with metaphor. Jesus will literally return, and set up a literal 1,000 year reign of peace. No doubt about it. But the point here that flies over your head is that you think God cannot protect you. You think you need a gun in order to do God’s job. Yes, believers can be persecuted and killed. But to live is Christ, and to die is gain. It is an honor to share in the sufferings of Christ. But if we can live to preach another day, then we should pray and ask God for that. Jesus says seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things (basic needs) will be provided for you.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, stop and think. Jesus told them each to buy a sword. But they only had two swords. So this shows that they were not literally following Christ's original instructions. This means that they simply misunderstood Jesus in that they EACH needed to have the spiritual sword or Scripture to get them through the spiritual battle in seeing their Lord crucified. No positive result happened with them having two swords. The only result we see is Jesus rebuking Peter for his using his sword (Which obviously shows he misunderstood Jesus).
Are you trying to find loop holes in scripture and novel meanings and to imagine as you, of what Christ felt and was thinking on them buying two swords for protection. Interesting that you believe it was just for fulfillment of scripture, and then to what end? And why only a sword(s) then? It would be logical that Christ was advising, preparing and training them for their missions after he exited this earth, to know they would be in austere and barren lands where wild animals and wild people they would confront at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.