The Insanity of the "right" to have guns!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

First, readers here need to know about your falsely stated beliefs. By what you told me in another thread before, you fall into the classified liberal camp because you believe we come from apes (Evolution), you think the flood was local (regional), and you reject certain words (or portions) in the Bible are inspired by God (like Luke 14:26, Revelation 6:13, etcetera), and you don't seem to understand that witchcraft was condemned in the Bible. So I am not surprised you don't understand the Bible on this topic (because you reject many portions of it).

Secondly, on this topic: I believe you are thinking from a carnal and worldly perspective. You fail to understand that there are God ministers of justice as mentioned in Romans 13:6 (cf. Romans 13:1-5). These ministers of justice are the unbelieving governments of this world (all nations - including America; See: “Side Note” below) who execute justice or to punish those who do evil. So God can use unbelieving nations to accomplish His purposes of justice and to keep enemy nations at bay. True Bible Believing Christians have a different role, office, job, and or function within this world, than the unbelieving authorities that carry out justice (as God's ministers of justice). Remember, GOD used an unbelieving nation (Assyria) to punish Israel for their sins in the Old Testament. It does not mean Assyria were believers and or saved or walking in God's will. Saul's men who wanted to kill David had prophesied by God's Spirit. It does not mean Saul's men were saved or in God's will. God was merely using them despite themselves. In other words, God is able to use people even if they are not saved or even if they are not walking in His will.

In Conclusion:

God knows that the true Bible Believing Christians are few in number. Jesus said narrow is the way that leads unto life and FEW be there that find it. So God knows that the many (nations or majority of the world) is not going to follow Him exactly in what He says. They may pay lip service to Him, but they are not exactly in His will. But God can use unbelieving governments and it's loyal people to carry out His will in protecting our nation (even if they may profess to believe in the God of the bible). Christians have only one master, and that's Jesus Christ, but many Christians today have blurred the lines of Christianity with American nationalism.

Side Note on America:

While I am blessed by God to be in a country with so many freedoms, and there many wonderful and kind people here, this does not mean that they all believe in the God of the Bible (even if some of them pay lip service that they do). Anyways, see this article here to learn more about what Americans believe. See this article here about how our founding fathers were Freemasons.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, readers here need to know about your falsely stated beliefs. By what you told me in another thread before, you fall into the classified liberal camp because you believe we come from apes (Evolution), you think the flood was local (regional), and you reject certain words (or portions) in the Bible are inspired by God (like Luke 14:26, Revelation 6:13, etcetera), and you don't seem to understand that witchcraft was condemned in the Bible. So I am not surprised you don't understand the Bible on this topic (because you reject many portions of it).

Secondly, on this topic: I believe you are thinking from a carnal and worldly perspective. You fail to understand that there are God ministers of justice as mentioned in Romans 13:6 (cf. Romans 13:1-5). These ministers of justice are the unbelieving governments of this world (all nations - including America; See: “Side Note” below) who execute justice or to punish those who do evil. So God can use unbelieving nations to accomplish His purposes of justice and to keep enemy nations at bay. True Bible Believing Christians have a different role, office, job, and or function within this world, than the unbelieving authorities that carry out justice (as God's minister's justice). Remember, GOD used an unbelieving nation (Assyria) to punish Israel for their sins in the Old Testament. It does not mean Assyria were believers and or saved or walking in God's will. Saul's men who wanted to kill David had prophesied by God's Spirit. It does not mean Saul's men were saved or in God's will. God was merely using them despite themselves. In other words, God is able to use people even if they are not saved or even if they are not walking in His will.

In conclusion:

God knows that the true Bible Believing Christians are few in number. Jesus said narrow is the way that leads unto life and FEW be there that find it. So God knows that the many (nations or majority of the world) is not going to follow Him exactly in what He says. They may pay lip service to Him, but they are not exactly in His will.

Side Note on America:

While I am blessed by God to be in a country with so many freedoms, and there many wonderful and kind people here, this does not mean that they all believe in the God of the Bible (even if some of them pay lip service that they do). Anyways, see this article here to learn more about what Americans believe. See this article here about how our founding fathers were Freemasons.

And most people here know you are messed in the head. HUB

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And most people here know you are messed in the head. HUB

That really does not address anything I said. You posted a picture to elicit an emotional response out of me. Is the suffering of human life by injustice offensive to me? Yes. But there are things in life that are outside of my control. The Lord Jesus Christ has given me orders (in His Word), and that does not include Violence (if we are to believe His words and the words of His followers). We are to love God and love all others (including our enemies). So how can justice be kept? Like I said, the nations will take care of justice. The army and police are not going to go away just because we decide to follow Jesus. The Lord knows that narrow is the way that leads unto life and FEW be there that finds it. Also, there will be a Judgment by the Lord Jesus Christ. Nobody is going to get away with anything. Those who attacked the twin towers will have to face the Lord Jesus Christ and give an answer for their evils. But even those in this nation who sinned will also have to give an answer to the Lord Jesus and if they accepted His words or not (John 12:48).

Side Note:

What does HUB mean?

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That really does not address anything I said. You posted a picture to elicit an emotional response out of me. Is the suffering of human life by injustice offensive to me? Yes. But there are things in life that are outside of my control. The Lord Jesus Christ has gave me my orders and that does not include Violence (if we are to believe His words and the words of His followers). We are to love God and love all others (including our enemies). So how can justice be kept? Like I said, the nations will take care of justice. The army and police are not going to go away just because we decide to follow Jesus. The Lord knows that narrow is the way that leads unto life and FEW be there that finds it. Also, there will be a Judgment by the Lord Jesus Christ. Nobody is going to get away with anything. Those who attacked the twin towers will have to face the Lord Jesus Christ and give an answer for their evils. But even those in this nation who sinned will also have to give an answer to the Lord Jesus and if they accepted His words or not (John 12:48).

Side Note:

What does HUB mean?

Look it up....there are pictures of it to.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right and the Lord Jesus commanded we arm ourselves and he will return as the military conquorer.

First, in context: What was the purpose of the two swords being produced by the disciples? If you were to read the immediate context in Luke 22, it tells us the reason in the fact that the purpose of these swords was for Jesus to be numbered with the transgressors (i.e. to fulfill bible prophecy).

Second, for the sake of argument, let's just say hypothetically that Jesus' original instructions “he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one” did not apply to the disciples only in fulfilling prophecy but these instructions also apply to us today, too. What was the following lesson of the sword that Jesus gave us?

Peter was rebuked by Jesus for taking up his sword when he felt another (His master) was threatened.

1. Jesus told Peter to put his sword back in its place.
2. Jesus said he that lives by the sword shall die by the sword.
3. Jesus told Peter he did not need Peter's sword to protect him because he could have asked the Father to bring down thousands of angels to protect Him.
4. Jesus undid Peter's damage by using the sword against another. For Jesus healed Malchus' ear.

This shows us that the sword was not to be used for Violent means. But if Jesus really wanted us to keep a sword, and the lesson was Non-Violence against other humans, then this must mean that the only purpose of the sword would be to hunt, to cut wood for fires, and or to protect ourselves from the animal kingdom. Also, Jesus said a sword and not a gun, too. If we are to be exact in what Jesus says, we should buy a literal and real sword and not a gun. Jesus did not mention anything about a gun.

Maybe if a person has been watching too much Assassin 33AD (A Christian Time Travel Film), they might think guns may have existed in a parallel timeline within the time period of Jesus.

Trailer:

Possible Full Movie:

But we know that this film is simply fiction.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. 1st, WHAT, the fact is that our lord told us to arm ourselves.

2nd, WHY, you can speculate as you please. I'm confident in the right to self-defense is the divine order.

Let's read the context below.

In the Berean Study Bible:

full

Source:
Luke 22 BSB

In the King James Bible:

full

Source:
Luke 22 KJV

Immediately after verse 36, when Jesus says the disciples to sell their garment if they have no sword, we see in verse 37 of how Jesus explains the reason why in the fact that He must be numbered among the transgressors.

What does “being numbered among the transgressors mean?”

Let's look at Scripture again:

full

Source:
Matthew 26 KJV

After Jesus rebukes Peter about the sword and He tells Peter that he did not need his protection (because he could have twelve legions of angels at his disposal), he stresses this moment must come to pass (His arrest) so that the Scriptures must be fulfilled. The sword used by Peter to chop of Malchus' ear was so that Jesus could be numbered with the transgressors (His disciples, mankind).

But back in Luke 22: I see nothing about a gun mentioned in Luke 22:36. For did you literally sell your coat or clothes to buy a literal and real sword? That is what Jesus is talking about here and not a gun paid for with one's ordinary wages. Did you sell your clothes or coat to buy your weapon? Anyways, Luke 22:37 is the immediate context of the purpose and reason of the swords of which we see played out in Matthew 26:47-56.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. 1st, WHAT, the fact is that our lord told us to arm ourselves.

No. He told the disciples that so as to fulfill prophecy in being numbered with the transgressors when Peter chopped off Malchus' ear (Which was all a part of his going to the cross). But even if we are to take this command literally for us today, the lesson of the sword was Non-Violence (involving Peter's use of the sword and not Violence). This tells us that even if were to obey this command, it would be to hunt, chop wood (for fires), and to protect yourself from beasts in your campsite (while in the wild). Jesus made it clear that he that lives by the sword shall die by the sword (Meaning, in defending others you love against threats like Malchus).

You said:
2nd, WHY, you can speculate as you please. I'm confident in the right to self-defense is the divine order.

Our thoughts are not God's thoughts. Show me where it is written in the New Testament this divine right order to protect yourself with violence. I see the possible taking of the sword, but we clearly see that this sword was not to be used for violent means (When Jesus rebuked Peter for using the sword). So you really don't have a really good case in the Bible for your position here. It's purely your own thinking here.

Reactions: Jim B

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are looking at things from a carnal or physical perspective. No country has any power to stand but by the power God gives to them so as to rule.
Absolutely, I did mention GOD is sovereign.

The New Covenant is different than the Old Covenant. We fight a spiritual war, and not a physical one. It does not matter how your rationalize history or guns, etcetera.
We war not against flesh and blood. It is a spiritual war. So I guess you are saying self defense is also evil, because can be violent?
And then I guess we should just eliminate police and the military and all be passive, letting evil dominate, pillage and plunder us, while we smile and pray for them, tur ing the cheek until it is black and blue.

The reality is that Jesus taught Non-Violence
I agree. How violent do you think Jesus will be when he returns?

Reactions: Wrangler

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, in context: What was the purpose of the two swords being produced by the disciples? If you were to read the immediate context in Luke 22, it tells us the reason in the fact that the purpose of these swords was for Jesus to be numbered with the transgressors (i.e. to fulfill bible prophecy).
You still do not get it do you and I answered it for you back in post #344. Let me add a bit more

As I said in that previous post.'...Luke 22:35-38 is about the necessity of the disciplines to have weapons and other items of survival after Christ spoke of the prophecy having to be fulfilled, by him dying on the Cross'

He was 'counted as one/amongst the transgressors' meaning as sin for us, as a man who bore the sins for us and to die on the Cross, to fulfill prophecy, and thus this is what was concerning him, was definitely coming to an end or fulfillment, again by his death on the Cross.(Foot stomping)

What then do you still not understand in these passages?

Reactions: Wrangler

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We war not against flesh and blood. It is a spiritual war. So I guess you are saying self defense is also evil, because can be violent?
And then I guess we should just eliminate police and the military and all be passive, letting evil dominate, pillage and plunder us, while we smile and pray for them, tur ing the cheek until it is black and blue.

Redutio ad absurdem!

Jesus said to turn the other cheek and to love our neighbor as our self. If you can't do your best to live by His clear directions how can you call yourself a Christian?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But you think God is not sovereign to protect you physically based on what you said before. This is contrary to Scripture because we see many examples of where God can save His people physically and not just spiritually.

You said:

In relation to people: Violence is defined as using physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone.

full

Source:
VIOLENCE English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com

Seeing my position is Non-Violence, this means I don’t believe in using physical force with the intent to hurt, damage, or kill a person.
This means that if physical force or resistance was absolutely necessary (which would be a last resort), it would have to be employed in such a way so as not to hurt or kill the attacker. So any physical resistance would be to not hurt anyone or kill them. It would be Non-Violent. Paul escaped (he physically resisted) those who wanted to capture him by escaping in a basket.

You said:

I believe you are thinking from a carnal and worldly perspective. You fail to understand that there are God’s ministers of justice as mentioned in Romans 13:6 (cf. Romans 13:1-5). These ministers of justice are the unbelieving governments of this world (all nations - including America; See: “Side Note” below) who execute justice or to punish those who do evil. So God can use unbelieving nations to accomplish His purposes of justice and to keep enemy nations at bay. True Bible Believing Christians have a different role, office, job, and or function within this world, than the unbelieving authorities that carry out justice (as God's ministers of justice). Remember, GOD used an unbelieving nation (Assyria) to punish Israel for their sins in the Old Testament. It does not mean Assyria were believers and or saved or walking in God's will. Saul's men who wanted to kill David had prophesied by God's Spirit. It does not mean Saul's men were saved or in God's will. God was merely using them despite themselves. In other words, God is able to use people even if they are not saved or even if they are not walking in His will.

In other words:

God knows that the true Bible Believing Christians are few in number. Jesus said narrow is the way that leads unto life and FEW be there that find it. So God knows that the many (nations or majority of the world) are not going to follow Him exactly in what He says. They may pay lip service to Him, but they are not exactly in His will. But God can use unbelieving governments and it's loyal people to carry out His will in protecting our nation (even if they may profess to believe in the God of the bible). Christians have only one master, and that's Jesus Christ, but many Christians today have blurred the lines of Christianity with American nationalism.

Side Note on America:

While I am thankful, and blessed by God to be in a country with so many freedoms, and there many wonderful and kind people here, this does not mean that they all believe in the God of the Bible (even if some of them pay lip service that they do). Anyways, see this article here to learn more about what Americans believe. See this article here about how our founding fathers were Freemasons.

Bible Highlighter said:
The reality is that Jesus taught Non-Violence
You said:

Sorry, you don’t agree. You believe in Violence by self defense and you don’t believe Jesus taught Non-Violence. If you believed Jesus did teach Non-Violence, then you wouldn’t believe in the way you do now.

As for Jesus returning at His Second Coming: I believe I already explained this. The saints that follow Jesus into battle have already lived out their faith. So this is not a teaching that we are to destroy others with violence because this event happens after the saints have lived out their faith (after they have either died or have been Raptured). So this is a different form of context. You cannot apply what saints do after they die as being applicable now. That would be like saying the things the saints do in the Millennium (or 1,000 year reign of Christ) applies to us today.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It’s not my fault you have failed to properly communicate to me.
So you would only be laughing at your own inherent flaw, my friend.

I am not a mind reader and my focus in life is God, and the Bible and not worldly events or things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim B

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Speaking of this particular image of the 911 event. It looks like one can see the face of Satan in the smoke on the building. Not sure if this image is authentic or not. I guess only time will tell (of course). But it is very odd.

Blessings be unto you in the Lord (even if we disagree on this topic).

Status
Not open for further replies.