The Jehovah Witness Christmas

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=500cBNU4-g0

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
Oh good another disrespectful video by the Lutherans.

Nice to know that they are in line step with the enemy.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
All that silence, you could hear the disrespect in what they weren't saying.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lforrest said:
All that silence, you could hear the disrespect in what they weren't saying.
You have the authority to remove or move this thread.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
rockytopva said:
You have the authority to remove or move this thread.
I'll leave that up to the moderator for the spiritual forum. But I don't mind it being here myself.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
Well it breaks the second great commandment.

I think that's good enough reason to find it detestable.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Why knock yourselves out over some silly video against a denomination? "christmas" Dec 25th thing is non existent in the Bible, has no sanctification from God and is a pagan based holiday from pagan Babyonian times some 600 years before the birth of Jesus...so why do "christians"get all excited about this? Hmmmm satan at work I am sure....Jer 10 has a bit of a history of this pagan day..

Remember Salvation is through the Son of God, His grace and commandments, and NOT the sun god/satan and his days of sunday, dec 25th and
easter, all of which are pagan based and non Biblical.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
@here

If we were to post a video here or make any post that would personally attack you with impunity, would that be showing you love?

The King demands his commands to be followed.

And if you break the second, you also break the first.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Are you actually insulted by a video where the characters just sit quietly?

Your response has been more educational than the video itself.

Reactions: Born_Again

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
heretoeternity said:
"christmas" Dec 25th thing is non existent in the Bible, has no sanctification from God and is a pagan based holiday from pagan Babyonian times some 600 years before the birth of Jesus...so why do "christians"get all excited about this?
Baloney. Are you an SDA? The SDAs I've met spout all that bunk.

Christ Mass is the celebration of the birth off the Word made Flesh, the Son of God.

If there was no birth, there would be no salvation.

It is a perfect reason to rejoice so, what's your problem?

Easter is the celebration of Jesus' raising from the dead.

If He had not raised from the dead and destroyed the power of death, there would be no salvation.

So why not take your "pagan sources" baloney and flush them so they can be properly handled according to their constituent elements. Then you won't sound like a nutcase by posting such rubbish. :)

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
No scriptural basis for celebrating either.

Plus, he wasn't born on the 25th of December.

So really these things were made by men, for men.

Now don't get me wrong I love a good white Christmas like most brits do, and a mince pie is splendid on that day; but I've no thought that this was made by God and is anything more than an excuse to give people get together and have fellowship.

Easter, not so big for me, but then I've never understood the egg and rabbit part save the obvious heretic overtone.

Reactions: Born_Again

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wont argue the fact of December 25th being an inaccurate date for the His birth. And honestly, I find it hard to get into the proper meaning of Christmas when starting in September you have Santa shoved down your throats in just about every store you go in. And, why does the birth of Christ, or the celebration of, cost me so much money? I have 4 kids :D
And Easter........ Yea, I too do not understand the bunny and egg thing... My savior conquers death and a little bunny hops up, lays an egg or two (odd considering rabbits are mammals) and then eggs are filled with chocolate goodness. And once again, it costs me money.. Except this year, there was no bunny. I gave my children personalized bibles for Easter! :) Then told them why we truly celebrate Easter.