The Key to all the Parables of Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice conversation. I changed my tack because it wasn't working. My purpose here is not to be right or force the truth on people. I merely responded in the same way I felt that certain people needed. I have been on the forum for a long time...and I have tried every conceivable way to get through to people in any kind of honesty and truth.

I always receive at least double the attacks before I expose the condition that caused such resistance to the truth.

I think @Wynona has a good heart but lacks understanding...going by what appears to be right on an emotional level...and not being entirely wrong about that. And where she is right I will cede that point. She made me see that my similarly blunt approach to others here wasn't getting through. So unless there is a GENERAL instruction to be made concerning things of the kingdom...I will let things be.

The truth is hard enough to swallow...especially in these perilous times...without getting personal about it. So I will not be doing ANY personal instruction. People can do as they wish with no complaint from me. I tried to help...but I haved cease from that endeavour. My own personal care for people ...doing as I would want others to do for me...was less than appreciated. So I will move on from such efforts.
You cannot get through to a single soul. That’s Gods doing and the Holy Spirits job not yours.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You cannot get through to a single soul. That’s Gods doing and the Holy Spirits job not yours.
My job is to faithfully report the truth that has been shown to me by God. Whether people receive that as something good or something evil is not my concern. God quickens those He wants...but it is by the "foolishness" of preaching that the gospel message is spread. In the church it is through the instruction of those who have been gifted with that calling.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My job is to faithfully report the truth that has been shown to me by God. Whether people receive that as something good or something evil is not my concern. God quickens those He wants...but it is by the "foolishness" of preaching that the gospel message is spread. In the church it is through the instruction of those who have been gifted with that calling.
You must first know what the gospel is which I have yet see you explain correctly

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think @Wynona has a good heart but lacks understanding...
In these posts you've asserted some change of mind over your approach to people, on some matter of pragmatism. But you are not addressing the common objection to your posts, in demeaning others, and you've continued to justify your behavior, and that doesn't convince me that you have any different idea about others, and how you rate yourself compared to them (episkopay, if I'm remembering correctly). But if you have a new heart about others, and yourself, and your place here, it will show in future conversations, most certainly.

Here you've freely shared your negative opinion of someone who is trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. Why not simply give the statement you'd like to make, not that so and so lacks understanding, but simply share that thing that should be understood?

You've made your opinions of others abundantly clear over the many years I've known you here. And you continue to justify yourself. So I'm wondering what's changed, unless it's simply that you plan to use a nicer vocabulary. Which would be nice, sure. Not to knock that! But that's only the surface.

As always I'm hoping for good things! I hope you can receive my plain speech. Let's move on to better things!

Much love!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In these posts you've asserted some change of mind over your approach to people, on some matter of pragmatism. But you are not addressing the common objection to your posts, in demeaning others, and you've continued to justify your behavior, and that doesn't convince me that you have any different idea about others, and how you rate yourself compared to them (episkopay, if I'm remembering correctly). But if you have a new heart about others, and yourself, and your place here, it will show in future conversations, most certainly.

Here you've freely shared your negative opinion of someone who is trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. Why not simply give the statement you'd like to make, not that so and so lacks understanding, but simply share that thing that should be understood?

You've made your opinions of others abundantly clear over the many years I've known you here. And you continue to justify yourself. So I'm wondering what's changed, unless it's simply that you plan to use a nicer vocabulary. Which would be nice, sure. Not to knock that! But that's only the surface.

As always I'm hoping for good things! I hope you can receive my plain speech. Let's move on to better things!

Much love!
Well said brother. And you have been open and honest with me in the past with the same admonition.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God is not the bible...He is the living God. I think many here need to lift their eyes from a dead religion to a living faith in a living God.
I agree that God is not a book, the Bible is His Living word, and yes, when we have been birthed/ become born again ,by the supernatural power of God Through the Holy Spirit...then we have that faith ,knowing that God is Alive and Active. we start our journey, as he now recognises us as His child, through Jesus.....

If ones spirit hasn’t been regenerated, then there is NO Living relationship with God, which comes through the Holy Spirit..that is my belief.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.​

Ephesians 4:22-24

Reactions: marks and Episkopos

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is the truth is that those who are born of the Spirit are justified by faith in Christ and His atonement, and we have received His gift of righteousness, as Paul clearly teaches and lays out in the epistles. But unfortunately that is not what you are reporting and I'm amazed and saddened that any believer could agree with your denial of those truths.

What we do with what we've been given is another issue, but the atonement and gift of righteousness is certainly the foundation and cornerstone of the faith....the new man and new creature that we've become....fundamentally and foundationally changed in the inner man that delights in the law of God. It then becomes a matter of whether or how much we are putting on and walking in that new man or walking in our old sinful man....as we as God's workmanship start to build His temple (that we now are) upwards on that new foundation, in "going on to perfection"...growing into maturation and completion, as much as can be in this life. And it comes to me that this is depicted as the Israelites being set free from bondage in Babylon (the world), their old temple destroyed and they begin to rebuild, first putting in the new foundation...and all that comes against them as they battle to rebuild the temple of God renewed.....even that saga seems to show a picture of the gospel that was to come.

Reactions: Keturah and marks

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is the truth is that those who are born of the Spirit are justified by faith in Christ and His atonement, and we have received His gift of righteousness, as Paul clearly teaches and lays out in the epistles.

That is how Luther lays it out. ...yes. But Paul? No. Once a person gets Luther's ideas into one's head...it becomes too easy to fail-safe to that level of doctrine. If we want to progress further into the higher walk...we need to let go whatever encourages us to remain eating samples of grace rather than going to buy the full meal...or the full measure of grace...to receive "of His fullness".

God's covering righteousness is NOT attained by the free sample but must be sought for at the throne of grace. We have to surrender fully to Him to be accepted "into the Beloved" (even on a trial basis) and covered with HIS righteousness. Many modern believers have this confused and will claim to be rich when they are really naked and poor and blind. Such is the sign of the times as depicted in the book of Revelation.
But unfortunately that is not what you are reporting and I'm amazed and saddened that any believer could agree with your denial of those truths.

Fortunately, the followers of Luther are in the minority. It may seem that these doctrines are "mainstream" but only if one surrounds oneself with that kind of environment. We could call it...conditioning. But most Christians around the world have a very different understanding, and to my mind...a better one, and that leaves Luther out of the equation, having seen that form of doctrine as unbiblical. If we go strictly by the word...without the Luther suggestive ideas...we get a better picture right away. It seems that once a person latches onto the "sample is everything" mode of thinking ...a spiritual sleep takes over so that any other doctrine is cancelled out...not listened to. In Hebrew that's called a rouach tardemah. (a spirit of deep sleep)
What we do with what we've been given is another issue, but the atonement and gift of righteousness is certainly the foundation and cornerstone of the faith....the new man and new creature that we've become....fundamentally and foundationally changed in the inner man that delights in the law of God.

We turn from wickedness to righteousness, having been justified by faith. And God gives us a sample of His grace in order to call us up into His holiness. Of course VERY FEW will do this..especially if they have been conditioned to think that a free sample of grace is all there is. Those who cling to that form of doctrine will resist VEHEMENTLY the idea of going to the throne of grace to get MORE grace or...grace on grace...thus revealing the spiritual laziness which such doctrines inspire.
It then becomes a matter of whether or how much we are putting on and walking in that new man or walking in our old sinful man....as we as God's workmanship start to build His temple (that we now are) upwards on that new foundation, in "going on to perfection"...growing into maturation and completion, as much as can be in this life. And it comes to me that this is depicted as the Israelites being set free from bondage in Babylon (the world), their old temple destroyed and they begin to rebuild, first putting in the new foundation...and all that comes against them as they battle to rebuild the temple of God renewed.....even that saga seems to show a picture of the gospel that was to come.
No one is perfected in Christ unless Christ finishes the faith of the person. To do that we need to go to God in full surrender and offer our sacrifice like Abel did. God doesn't change. But many many Western believers believe God has changed His holy standard to include sin. And these will resist the Spirit that urges them onward and upward...since to get there requires going DOWNWARD in humility.

The kingdom of God continues to cost us everything to enter in. Those who ignore that will one day be looking for a way in...in a hurry.

Last edited:
Reactions: faithfulness

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is how Luther lays it out. ...yes. But Paul? No. Once a person gets Luther's ideas into one's head...it becomes too easy to fail-safe to that level of doctrine. If we want to progress further into the higher walk...we need to let go whatever encourages us to remain eating samples of grace rather than going to buy the full meal...or the full measure of grace...to receive "of His fullness".

God's covering righteousness is NOT attained by the free sample but must be sought for at the throne of grace. We have to surrender fully to Him to be accepted "into the Beloved" (even on a trial basis) and covered with HIS righteousness. Many modern believers have this confused and will claim to be rich when they are really naked and poor and blind. Such is the sign of the times as depicted in the book of Revelation.

Fortunately, the followers of Luther are in the minority. It may seem that these doctrines are "mainstream" but only if one surrounds oneself with that kind of environment. We could call it...conditioning. But most Christians around the world have a very different understanding, and to my mind...a better one, and that leaves Luther out of the equation, having seen that form of doctrine as unbiblical. If we go strictly by the word...without the Luther suggestive ideas...we get a better picture right away. It seems that once a person latches onto the "sample is everything" mode of thinking ...a spiritual sleep takes over so that any other doctrine is cancelled out...not listened to. In Hebrew that's called a rouach tardemah. (a spirit of deep sleep)

We turn from wickedness to righteousness, having been justified by faith. And God gives us a sample of His grace in order to call us up into His holiness. Of course VERY FEW will do this..especially if they have been conditioned to think that a free sample of grace is all there is. Those who cling to that form of doctrine will resist VEHEMENTLY the idea of going to the throne of grace to get MORE grace or...grace on grace...thus revealing the spiritual laziness which such doctrines inspire.

No one is perfected in Christ unless Christ finishes the faith of the person. To do that we need to go to God in full surrender and offer our sacrifice like Abel did. God doesn't change. But many many Western believers believe God has changed His holy standard to include sin. And these will resist the Spirit that urges them onward and upward...since to get there requires going DOWNWARD in humility.

The kingdom of God continues to cost us everything to enter in. Those who ignore that will one day be looking for a way in...in a hurry.
It's not a Luther idea, it's God's idea. It doesn't stop me and I'm sure many others from going to the throne of grace every day for more grace. And the Lord answers those prayers in ways that we don't enjoy but are necessary for our "refining". I like what Watchman Nee says about Him breaking the outer man to free the inner man. So many scriptures that agree with that. (And he doesn't do away with the foundation.)

Sng 4:12
A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

Gen 7:11
In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

Job 41:25
When he raiseth up himself, the mighty are afraid: by reason of breakings they purify themselves.

Psa 44:19
Though thou hast sore broken us in the place of dragons, and covered us with the shadow of death.

Mat 21:42-44
Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?....

....And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Reactions: Keturah

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.​

Ephesians 4:22-24

I'm surprised Epi is agreeing with you here, since he doesn't believe most believers have been given that new self yet, which is created after the image He who created him...righteous and holy.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm surprised Epi is agreeing with you here, since he doesn't believe most believers have been given that new self yet, which is created after the image He who created him...righteous and holy.
I'm agreeing with the verse about the high calling which is to put on Christ...who is already holy. Putting on Christ means putting on HIS holiness and HIS perfection. It is..."no longer I". No learning there...just watching and experiencing...on that level. I think most people have received an indoctrination fully outside the sphere of an actual encounter with God on that level. We see that in the words of Jesus. But people will refute it...while they can. That verse in Ephesians throws the whole idea of a progressive sanctification out the window. I don't see why you would agree with a verse that makes all human "growth" into holiness a moot point.

Reactions: faithfulness

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm agreeing with the verse about the high calling which is to put on Christ...who is already holy. Putting on Christ means putting on HIS holiness and HIS perfection. It is..."no longer I". No learning there...just watching and experiencing...on that level. I think most people have received an indoctrination fully outside the sphere of an actual encounter with God on that level. We see that in the words of Jesus. But people will refute it...while they can. That verse in Ephesians throws the whole idea of a progressive sanctification out the window. I don't see why you would agree with a verse that makes all human "growth" into holiness a moot point.
Except how could we put on and walk in something we haven't received yet? We must have first received it to be able to walk in it. We have a choice and are learning to walk after the spirit (new man) or walk after the flesh...sow to the spirit or sow to the flesh. The new man....is our renewed inner man....righteous and holy, after the image of He who created him. It's the flesh that is the problem and needs to be crucified on earth as it is in heaven, our old man nature, outer man.....as Paul wrote, "in me, that is in my FLESH, dwells no good thing". But our inner man has been re-Newed....a new man, new nature. Begotten of the Spirit....therefore after the image of He who begat it.