The kingdom of God: past, present, future

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus introduced the concept of the kingdom of God, bright and early in his ministry in Mark 1:

15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”
Jesus spoke to the Pharisees in Matthew 12:

28 "But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you."
Jesus was the Lord and King. He started the kingdom of God on earth.

Jesus sent out 72 disciples, instructing them in Luke 10:

9 "Heal the sick in it and say to them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’
They represented the kingdom of God. The kingdom spread via Jesus' disciples.

After Jesus' resurrection, the Paraclete was released to dwell in believers. I repented, turned to God, and declared Jesus my Lord and King. I have entered the kingdom of God by being born of the Paraclete. Everyone who has the Spirit dwells in him belongs to this kingdom.

Jesus started the kingdom of God on earth two millennials ago. In my life, the kingdom has two parts: present and future. Presently, the Paraclete dwells in my spirit as a spiritual reality. The Kingdom of God starts here and now.

In the future, one day, Jesus will return and create the eternal physical kingdom of God on the new earth, Revelation 11:

15 Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign forever and ever.”
If you are in the kingdom of God, you obey Jesus as Lord and King as of now and in the future.

See also The kingdom of God is within you.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus introduced the concept of the kingdom of God, bright and early in his ministry in Mark 1:

Jesus spoke to the Pharisees in Matthew 12:

Jesus was the Lord and King. He started the kingdom of God on earth.

Jesus sent out 72 disciples, instructing them in Luke 10:

They represented the kingdom of God. The kingdom spread via Jesus' disciples.

After Jesus' resurrection, the Paraclete was released to dwell in believers. I repented, turned to God, and declared Jesus my Lord and King. I have entered the kingdom of God by being born of the Paraclete. Everyone who has the Spirit dwells in him belongs to this kingdom.

Jesus started the kingdom of God on earth two millennials ago. In my life, the kingdom has two parts: present and future. Presently, the Paraclete dwells in my spirit as a spiritual reality. The Kingdom of God starts here and now.

In the future, one day, Jesus will return and create the eternal physical kingdom of God on the new earth, Revelation 11:

If you are in the kingdom of God, you obey Jesus as Lord and King as of now and in the future.

See also The kingdom of God is within you.
I think the kingdom of God is a kingdom of peace (of mind), past, present, and future.