The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you attach any significance to the phrase "within reach" in this context?

You don't understand what near means?

Sure-- it simply means something that can be grasped if you would want to. It means NOT far off.

Since we are talking about a specific concept-- 'the kingdom of heaven' -it's that concept which can be grasped, or laid hold of.

If you would want to. He goes on to explain how.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't understand what near means?

Sure-- it simply means something that can be grasped if you would want to. It means NOT far off.

Since we are talking about a specific concept-- 'the kingdom of heaven' -it's that concept which can be grasped, or laid hold of.

If you would want to. He goes on to explain how.
In other words, is heaven within reach? Can we have it now?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember, Christ was 'resurrected' bodily before He ascended, showing us what the resurrection will be at the Second Coming, when He will raised up the saints in the grave and those who are alive and take them to heaven where they will reign for the thousand years.
My view, brother, is that Christ was raised up in his old mortal body, healed and still with some scars. He had to ascend to heaven to obtain his immortal body. When Christ comes again, those remaining alive will have to ascend to heaven, as well, to obtain our own immortal bodies.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do animals have souls?
I don't know of any verse in the Bible indicating that animals have souls. They have brains and they have life in their animal bodies. But nothing indicates anything more than that they have a spirit animating their bodies without eternal souls. I'm personally hoping the New Earth will have animals, but who knows?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know of any verse in the Bible indicating that animals have souls. They have brains and they have life in their animal bodies. But nothing indicates anything more than that they have a spirit animating their bodies without eternal souls. I'm personally hoping the New Earth will have animals, but who knows?
I suspect it will.