The kingdom of heaven where is it and how do you get there

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Luke 17:21
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
KJV

If you notice from these verses(parables) spiritual understandings, that the kingdom of YOUR heaven comes to you, you don't go to it. It comes when you seek the scriptures to find the keys in THE WORD(spiritual truth that unlocks your blessings or treasures in heaven).

For instance, your kind of heaven(living) may not be what I consider heaven(living) so God gives us the things we ask and believe Him for, as long as it is according to His Word. Meaning He is not going to help you to lie, cheat, steal, kill or do anything that causes harm or loss to someone else...However if your kind of heaven allows you to do such things, you will be used for judgment purposes and you shall reap what so ever you sow. What ever you loose(allow) in earth, shall be loosed in YOUR heaven. What ever you bind(don't allow) on earth....shall be bound in YOUR heaven.
Matt 13:44-53
44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.
47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
48 Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.
49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
51 Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord.
52 Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.
53 And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these parables, he departed thence.
KJV
Matt 13:24-34
24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.
33 Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.
34 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:
KJV

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Kingdom of Heaven is the administration of the Godhead working in individual and corporate lives of believers. It is the very government of the Spirit of life manifested within a heavenly Kingdom and earthly tents.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well; if I read Luke 17:20-37 aright; Jesus went on from vs 21 to say that
there'll be no kingdom on earth until he gets back.

That's corroborated by Acts 1:6-7 where Christ instructed his disciples that
the date of the kingdom is both future and classified; viz: top secret.

People have used and abused passages like Luke 17:21 to allege that the
kingdom is already here; when there are numerous passages that clearly
attest otherwise; and the users and abusers have failed to take them into
consideration.

So then, what did Jesus really mean when he said "the kingdom of God is
within you." Well; first off, I'd highly recommend a modern translation-- for
instance the NASV.

"For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."

How was it in their midst? Well; when Jesus was speaking those words in
real time; the king of the kingdom was on-location in Israel; only the Jews
somehow didn't know it in spite of heralds going about crying "The kingdom
of God is at hand". It was at hand in the person of the king; but since he's no
longer on-location then the kingdom is currently not on-location either, and
won't be until the king gets back. Christians are typically over-obsessed with
a so-called spiritual kingdom, and many are unaware that there is an honest
to gosh real-life political kingdom in the works.

Buen Camino
/

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
God is Spirit...The Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom but resides in all believers through the power of the Holy Spirit. It is the administration of that Godhead actively working through and in individuals and the corporate body of Christ. It is also a Heavenly Kingdom which is governed by the same...

Reactions: IanLC and lforrest

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Jesus told Nicodemus that he must be born again of the water and the Spirit or he could not enter into the kingdom of God. John 3:5

Jesus had also told us the the kingdom of God is within us. Putting these two scriptures together we can see that the kingdom without the king is incomplete.

God’s reason is that we are born dead, spiritually, because of Adam and Eve’s transgression. We must have spiritual life to continue our eternal life with God.
The wages of sin is death, the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ. Rom 6:23

Jesus told Martha that ‘if a man be dead and believe, he shall live’. John 11:25 Then he says ‘if a man lives and believes, he shall never die’. John 11:26

Two steps to eternal life, believe in Jesus and be born again as he had told Nicodemus. Of course it is more than just these two steps, but these must be done.

We have eternal life when the Holy Ghost takes up residence in his kingdom, which is within us. You ask, how do we get there? Peter, who has the keys to the kingdom, tells us:
Repent and be baptized in Jesus name for the remission of sins and you shall receive the gift (eternal life) of the Holy Ghost. Acts 2:38

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
†. John 3:5 . . I tell you the truth: no one can enter the kingdom of God
unless he is born of water and The Spirit.

It's commonly assumed that the water about which Christ spoke in that
statement pertains to ritual baptism. There's no excuse for a mistake of that
magnitude when the Lord himself explained it quite clearly in the very next
chapter, not to a rabbi or to an apostle; but to a rather no-account woman.

According to John 4:10-14 the water isn't for baptism, nor is it for bathing,
or for washing, nor for irrigating crops. In point of fact it is specifically for
drinking. And it isn't even natural water. On the contrary; it's supernatural.
So if somebody thinks that they were born again by undergoing ritual
baptism; they need to think again. All they did was get wet; meanwhile
they're dying of thirst and don't know it; which is pretty ridiculous to say the
least when the water is available upon request.

†. John 4:10 . . If you only knew the gift God has for you and who I am, you
would ask me, and I would give you living water.

†. John 4:13-14 . . People soon become thirsty again after drinking this
water. But the water I give them takes away thirst altogether. It becomes a
perpetual spring within them, giving them eternal life.

†. Rev 22:17 . . The Spirit and the bride say: Come! And let the one who
hears say: Come! And let the one who is thirsty come-- let the one who
wishes take the water of life without cost.

Buen Camino
/

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
John 3
3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” 4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”

5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

The water signifies sanctification and cleansing by the word. Ephesians 5:25-27.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

The Spirit [capital "S] signifies the Holy Spirit and [lowercase "s"] our spirit.

Romans 8
10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” 16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

John 3
13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

This washing/ cleansing, sanctifying work has been made available through the cross. And this is the testimony of Jesus, the message which brings the good news of salvation and eternal life for all those who believe in him by faith.

Shalom!

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angelina said:

The water signifies sanctification and cleansing by the word. Ephesians 5:25-27.
Maybe the water of the word as per Eph 5:25-27 works for you as the water
of John 3:5 but it doesn't work for me. I prefer the water of John 4:10-14
and Rev 22:17; specifically because living water (a.k.a. the water of life) is
for drinking while the water of the word is for washing. People as a rule
don't usually drink bath water: they wash with it. See the difference?

Also; people can purchase the word anywhere; even in flea markets, garage
sales, and second hand stores like Salvation Army and Good Will; but the
water of life is not for sale; nor can it be obtained just anywhere: it can only
be obtained from Christ.

I suspect that there is a pretty good number of Christians out and about who
have never yet imbibed the water of life and that's because some inept boob
in a pulpit or a Sunday school class has convinced them that the water about
which Christ spoke at John 3:5 is either ritual baptism or just simply the Bible's
texts. Well; I for one learned about the water of life from the Bible; but I didn't
obtain it from the Bible: I obtained it from Christ.

†. John 7:37-38 . . Jesus stood and cried out, saying: If any man is thirsty,
let him come to me and drink. He who believes in me, as the Scripture said:
"From his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water."

Jesus went on to say that the source of the rivers of living water is The
Spirit.

†. John 7:39 . . But this he spoke of The Spirit, whom those who believed in
him were to receive; for The Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not
yet glorified.

Now, according to Jesus' testimony at John 3:3 and John 3:5, nobody is
getting into the kingdom unless they first undergo a birth via water and The
Spirit. I think it safe to assume Jesus meant what he said; viz: there are no
exceptions. Therefore, even all the Old Testament's luminaries like Noah,
Abraham, Jacob, Joseph, and David have to, at some point, undergo a birth
via water and The Spirit because according to John 3:7 the birth is a must
rather than optional.

Buen Camino
/

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The kingdom of God cometh not with observation" (Luke 17:20), it is not yet visible, because it "is within you" (v 21). But when "The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord" (Rev 11:15; 12:10) it will be visible.

The Christian is in this world and the kingdom is in the Christian, but the kingdom is not yet in this world. "Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if My kingdom were of this world, then would My servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is My kingdom not from hence" (John 18:36).

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
afaithfulone4u said:
how do you get there?
Easy/Peasy. Talk to the man.

†. Matt 11:27 . . Come to me

†. John 4:10 . . If you only knew the gift God has for you and who I am, you
would ask me, and I would give you living water.

†. John 5:39-40 . . Search the scriptures; for in them you think you have
eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And you will not come to
me, that you might have life.

†. John 7:37-38 . . Jesus stood and cried out, saying: If any man is thirsty,
let him come to me and drink. He who believes in me, as the Scripture said:
"From his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water."

†. John 6:37 . . All that the Father gives me will come to me, and the one
who comes to me I will by no means refuse.

†. Rom 10:13 . . For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be
saved.

Speaking with Christ can be a bit trying on the nerves for some; but he's a
nice enough guy-- approachable, reasonable, and courteous. I mean: why
would he invite people to come to him if that were not so? If he were Robert
Mugabe, Vladimir Putin, or Kim Jong-Un, I could understand people's reluctance.
But Jesus isn't like them: he's different.

Buen Camino
/

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Angelina said:
John 3
3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” 4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”

5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

Shalom!
There is water and there is living water (Holy Ghost). There is more than one scripture that mentions water as well as Spirit.

Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

If Peter commanded baptism in water, why would it not be important to us?

Better to follow all scripture and

Be blessed

than to decide which ones fits our belief.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Water baptism is symbolic of the death and resurrection of Christ. Water baptism does not save. The gift of the Holy Spirit was poured out in Acts 10 on those who believed on the testimony of Jesus. This testimony is his word. The gospel of salvation - which was what Peter was preaching. Water signifies cleansing/washing with the blood of Jesus for the forgiveness of sin by the word that Peter was preaching. When those who heard it believed and received what he had said re; Jesus, the Holy Spirit was poured out.

Asyncritus

Sep 8, 2013
For the non-literalists out there, about the Kingdom, I have a question.

Remember that God made promises to Abraham? Here's a sample (and there's plenty more if you wish):

Gen 13.14 ¶ And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:
15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.
16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.
17 Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.

As far as I can tell, Abraham isn't here, and hasn't received the promise as yet. In fact, Hebrews 11 says so explicitly:

39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

This cannot be a 'spiritual' promise, because it says explicitly

...to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

Therefore, Abraham and his seed have to be immortal, to receive this promise.

They haven't received it yet, but they will. So where is this going to be?

On the earth, centred on Israel, and with Jesus as the King:

Lk 1. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: [which was in Israel, remember?]

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

In other words, He isn't doing so as yet, or we'd know all about it.

20 ¶ He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Asyncritus

Sep 8, 2013
Angelina said:
Water baptism is symbolic of the death and resurrection of Christ. Water baptism does not save. The gift of the Holy Spirit was poured out in Acts 10 on those who believed on the testimony of Jesus. This testimony is his word. The gospel of salvation - which was what Peter was preaching. Water signifies cleansing/washing with the blood of Jesus for the forgiveness of sin by the word that Peter was preaching. When those who heard it believed and received what he had said re; Jesus, the Holy Spirit was poured out.
Ahem.....

1Pe 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Mk 16. 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
Asyncritus said:
Ahem.....

1Pe 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Mk 16. 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
You just explained it. Those two passages clarify that real baptism is an answer, a reply to God. Water baptism is a symbol of the reality that when a person responds to the gospel, his sins are washed away by the BLOOD of Jesus, which in turn, cleanses his conscience (Heb.10:19-22, which mentions 'pure' water)

Just as the men of Pharaoh were drowned by the returning of the waters upon them, water baptism is symbolic of our past being wiped, (the old man is dead) out and our coming up out of the water is a type of our becoming a new creation. The real baptism is what Christ does within us at the new birth.
In Rom.5:10, we read that we have been reconciled by His death, but are SAVED by HIS LIFE. This is likely why 1Pet.3:21 makes mention of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is His resurrection life that comes within us and saves us. This is real baptism; The new birth. We are therefore baptized "into" Christ. (Rom.6:3) In that passage it says we were baptized into His death. The word has a much deeper meaning than merely being dunked in water.

Giver

Dec 13, 2013
Wilson, NC
afaithfulone4u said:
Luke 17:21
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
KJV

If you notice from these verses(parables) spiritual understandings, that the kingdom of YOUR heaven comes to you, you don't go to it. It comes when you seek the scriptures to find the keys in THE WORD(spiritual truth that unlocks your blessings or treasures in heaven).

For instance, your kind of heaven(living) may not be what I consider heaven(living) so God gives us the things we ask and believe Him for, as long as it is according to His Word. Meaning He is not going to help you to lie, cheat, steal, kill or do anything that causes harm or loss to someone else...However if your kind of heaven allows you to do such things, you will be used for judgment purposes and you shall reap what so ever you sow. What ever you loose(allow) in earth, shall be loosed in YOUR heaven. What ever you bind(don't allow) on earth....shall be bound in YOUR heaven.
Matt 13:44-53
44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.
47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
48 Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.
49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
51 Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord.
52 Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.
53 And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these parables, he departed thence.
KJV
Matt 13:24-34
24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.
33 Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.
34 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:
KJV
[SIZE=large]Jesus told us where the kingdom of God is, and how to enter.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=large](John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]One needs to understand keeping God’s Word includes not sinning. A sinner will never enter God’s kingdom.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=large](1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”[/SIZE]

Elizabeth

Dec 14, 2013
Jesus was repsonding to the question about when the kingdom of God will come. The Jews were expecting an earthly kingdom that would physically subject all nations to the Jews. Jesus, refuting this idea, pointed out that the Kingdom of God is a spiritual, having to do with the soul, and is thus "within you." How do you get there? By humility. God reveals His truth to little ones i.e. humble ones. He reveals the truth of the Catholic faith. We accept the truth by baptism (which is also called the sacrament of faith) and we practice the truth by avoiding all mortal sins and the occasions of sin and by doing good works.

Quantrill

Nov 29, 2013
Texas
There is always this persistant belief in Christianity that material or earthly is synonomous with evil. And that spiritual is synonomous with good. This is a product of the world's philosophy and not the teaching of the Bible.

That which is spiritual can and is very material at times. Was not Adam and Eve, before the fall, in a spiritual environment? Their spirits in right relation to God? Yes, but they were also in a physical body and material earth. The kingdom given to Israel at Sinai, it too was spiritual though on the earth.

That which is spiritual can also be evil. Did not sin occur first in the spirit realm? Yes. Satan sinned and a host of angels followed him. Does not spiritual wickedness exist today. Yes. Eph. 6:12...."against spiritual wickedness in high places."

So, just because something is material doesn't mean it is evil. And just because it is spiritual doesn't mean it is good. Is it from God is the question.

Therefore, just because the Kingdom of God is spiritual, doesn't mean it doesn't or will not exist in a phisical way on the earth. It was on the earth before with Israel. It is on the earth now in form of the Church. It will be on the earth in the future when it is restored to Israel. It is and will be very much a spiritual kingdom but will be on the earth also.

And entrance into the Kingdom is always by faith.

Quantrill