The KJV of the Holy Bible is based on what? A question for all the KJO folks.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 1:4
For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.
If a man was drowning
and another man threw him a flotation device , TELL ME was it that man that saved himself
or was it the man who threw the flotation device to the drowning man that saved that drowning man .
What was pre determined by GOD , if we read what paul makes clear and others do too as DID JESUS himself
Was that GOD predetermined that JESUS CHRIST , who was BEFORE creation was . lest ye think HE DIDNT CREATE
that by JESUS CHRIST the world can be saved .
but GOD predetermined this . and JESUS HIMSELF makes it abundantely clear
That those who hear and recieve JESUS CHRIST will be saved .
GOD CHOSE the preaching of the gospel . and if you think me be wrong TRY READING THE BIBLE again FOR YOU .
GOD whose RIGHT IT IS , CHOSE that by the Preaching of the gospel that those who do hear and beleive would be saved .
SEE the funny thing is we both can do this all day .
SO the real question is , and has always been
DO we love what pleases us , OR DO WE LOVE what pleases GOD .
NOW that change can come only from GOD .
DO we choose to sit under men like calvin or the rcc , or maybe jospeh smith
or jw , or adventist . OR , OR DO WE JUST SIMPLY HAVE THE LOVE OF GOD
that has been SHED BY GOD upon our hearts .
ITS TIME WE ALL abandon any hope in men . THAT DO INCLUDE GOVT , that do include biden or TRUMP
ITS TIME we abandon all hope IN THIS LIFE
and in the cares and pleasures in life . THIS man cannot do
by his own means . THIS IS SOMETHING GOD DO . yeah , you wanna talk the talk , THEN LETS TALK THE TALK .
lets walk the walk . You all been duped just as many who even oppose calvin have been duped .
YOU wanna know truth , OPEN BIBLE and get busy learning FOR YOU .
rathern than talking about concepts , LETS GET BUSY learning for ourselves , ALL things , all warnings no matter how dire they be
all things written and recorded in the scrips , in the letters of the apostels as well as revelation .
THE LOVE that cometh of GOD , LOVETH TRUTH , not mens twisted versions o what their scholars or any say is truth
BUT TRUTH ITSELF . and guess what , IT AINT HARD , it aint complicated as many a scholar might tell ya .
YA AINT GOT TO SIT UNDER THEM . nor HEED THEM . BE AS A CHILD , open BIBLE FOR YOU
BUT WE BOTH KNOW many wont do that . WHY . cause the bible has something within them pages
THAT folks dont want to hear nor beleive . Fact .
The reason why , the reason behind it all is this , that many have loved darkness
and thus they desired a god who best pleased them
and not the GOD who LOVED THEM and thus warned them . THEY do not know nor understand
that EVERY WORD OF GOD IS FOR OUR GOOD . INCLUDING EVERY WARNING .
Rather they spend all their time both defending and attacking anything and everyone who opposed their views
their views . and many men teach that which ought not to have been taught .
YOU SEE , i dont have to remove or twist ANYTHING IN THE BIBLE to attain peace . YOU CANNOT SAY THE SAME
if you be honest . certain warnings bother you . and YOU KNOW IT .
and yet i see ALL WARNINGS AS GOOD FOR MY SOUL . that everything and every word written
was done so for OUR LEARNING . and i dont have to sit under men
who preach what i , as a man desired . OH the LOVE OF GOD is real , THE SAD FACT IS many dont know it .
nor do they know GOD , nor HIS CHRIST . they know only what men convinced them
they truly know only what they TRULY DESIRED TO BELIEVE was truth .
I know why folks dont want to get into the bible and i know why . SOMETHING IN IT , BOTHERS THEIR CONSCIOUS .
I mean it dont matter how often a preacher told them things and how much they desired it to be true
WHEN THEY READ the scrips , WHEN THEY READ certain passages for themselves
THEY JUST cannot have peace . cause deep down they KNOW the very scrips their pastors twisted
and the very version of that twist , THE SCRIPS are DENYING IT .
ITS WHY . that is why . NEED I SAY MORE . I Trow not .
YOU ALL KNOW ITS TRUE . DEEP DOWN YOU DO . EVERY TIME you read certain verses
that contradicted the OSAS and etc , IT BOTHERS YOU . cause deep down
it makes you realize something . THESE CLOWNS lied to us .
BELIEVE ME I KNOW . YET IF WE BUT READ Afresh and anew the letters and scrips for ourselves
BELEIVE YOU ME , things would have and could have been cleared up real fast .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the KJV. I have used it for over 45 years.

I also love Bible gateway on line. It has 40 English translations and I find that sometimes I can get a clearer picture comparing some of the literal translations.

I dislike the RSV for Westcott and Hortt created their own greek and used the septuigant for the OT.
It seems that most of the modern translations such as the RSV, NRSV, NEB & REB used an eclectic approach to the text, evaluating each verse individually. The NEB & REB are not "Revised" versions, but totally new translations directly from the Hebrew and Greek.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems that most of the modern translations such as the RSV, NRSV, NEB & REB used an eclectic approach to the text, evaluating each verse individually. The NEB & REB are not "Revised" versions, but totally new translations directly from the Hebrew and Greek.
i have never heard of the NEB or REB . i have about the RSV and NRSV . they are not good .
But in order to test it for myself , you can mail me both versions of the NEB and REB .
i will happily test them .
in fact what is the NEB or REB . i never heard of them . and thus i cannot speak to their good or their bad .
BUT EXAMINE THEM , NOW THAT i can and will do .
JUST LIKE I DID EVERY SINGEL denomination . This lamb TESTS . wish to GOD others to do the same .
and when i say test , I DIDNT test it by what man said about it
HECK I examined it FOR MYSELF . FOUND THEM BIG TIME FAULTY TOO .
but , dont expect me to warn against the NEB OR REB . HOW can i , I NEVER examined it for myself
to see for myself . SO if you wont mail them , at least let me know what it means so i can examine it
for myself .

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The NEB is the New English Bible/1970, a translation from the UK. The REB/1989 is the Revised English Bible, a revision of the of the NEB. I do not know of any online access to the REB available. I have it on my 'theWord' Bible software purchased years ago, but it is no longer available there. The NEB can be read online at the archive.org web site. That is a site with free account, but accepts donations. The NEB you can read there:

You can read the Preface of the NEB and REB here:

The NEB and REB are Dynamic Equivalence Translations

I prefer the REB over any of the modern dynamic equivalence translations. I stay with the more mainline translations rather than the many evangelical versions such as the NKJV, NASB, ESV, etc.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Been needing to cut things due to size. Looks like I will need to do a part 2

Well, as I said a couple of days ago when I first mentioned 41 but not sure I was wrong.
I need to amend it to 47.

icaps
f the 54 invitations issued to join the team of King James Bible translators, only 47 of the men appointed for this work are known to have engaged in it. These were divided into six companies, two of which met at Oxford, two at Cambridge, and two at Westminster. They were presided over by the Dean of Westminster and by the Hebrew Professors of the Oxford and Cambridge Universities, and Archbishop Richard Bancroft was appointed as the principal overseer for the project.

Translation Company Work Assignments​

• FIRST WESTMINSTER COMPANY​

• Genesis - 2 Kings
  • FIRST CAMBRIDGE COMPANY​

• 1 Chronicles - Song of Solomon
  • FIRST OXFORD COMPANY​

• Isaiah - Malachi
  • SECOND CAMBRIDGE COMPANY​

• Apocrypha
  • SECOND OXFORD COMPANY​

• Gospels, Acts & Book of Revelation
  • SECOND WESTMINSTER COMPANY​

• Epistles

Dont you realized that they all say this. Might be different words but mean the same thing?

Well, leaving Easter out of this mix, for the moment....

You did your homework.....?

What about the additions the translators added that can alter intent?

John 18:5 - The King James Bible, in an attempt to add clarity to what was said, made a grievous error when it added the word "he" to a phrase Jesus made when he was arrested. In John 18:5 it says that when a group of religious leaders stated they were looking for Jesus of Nazareth that Christ responded with the phrase, "I am he."

The addition of "he," however, in this KJV Bible obscures a profound revelation by our Savior. Our Lord's response is more accurately translated as "I AM." This short answer was his testimony that he was indeed God in the flesh and the God of the Old Testament! Such a declaration was so powerful that it knocked armed soldiers to the ground!

OR

1John 5:7 - The King James Bible states, "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."
Most modern translations agree that this was an uninspired and erroneous addition to the Latin Vulgate used to support the unscriptural doctrine of the Trinity. This addition was not present in the original Greek manuscripts of the New Testament!

This Bible verse should read "And it is the Spirit that bears witness because the Spirit is the truth" (HBFV). Verse 8 of the chapter should read, "For there are three that bear witness on the earth: the Spirit, and the water, and the blood; and these three witness unto the one truth."

One of my favorite errors you can read in Deut 33:17 KJV (Go ahead.. check your own copy)

"His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh."

Why is this one of my favorites?????

The word “unicorns” is decidedly incorrect. First, there are no such things. Other translations say bull or OX .

I will post only 1 more example for now.

Notice the difference between these three sets of verses from the KJV and the NKJV. To make it simple on you, the error is bolded and color changed. Which version is in error and why? See if you can identify it and explain –

KJV:
Exodus 25:9 According to all that I shew thee, after the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall ye make it.

Hebrews 8:5 “Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.”

Hebrews 9:23 “It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.”

NOW...

NKJV:
Exodus 25:9 “According to all that I show you, that is, the pattern of the tabernacle and the pattern of all its furnishings, just so you shall make it.”

Hebrews 8:5 “who serve the copy and shadow of the heavenly things, as Moses was divinely instructed when he was about to make the tabernacle. For He said, ‘See that you make all things according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.’”

Hebrews 9:23“Therefore it was necessary that the copies of the things in the heavens should be purified with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.”

You say these say the same thing???? Read again before going on.

Can you see that the KJV botched up its translation of Hebrews 9:23, forming a contradiction in the text. The exact opposite of what the Bible says is what they have said.

It is the earthly things that are COPIES of the heavenly things, which are the pattern.

By translating this as PATTERNS, they have brought error into their translation ...with the human translators of God’s infallible word.

When you find such an error be sure to make a margin note correcting it . When the Bible transfers to someone else, they won’t have to go through all the pains of checking that you did.
That is truly a nothing burger

In no way does that have anything to do with any mistranslation.
KJV is ok with "patterns/copies"
No foul even remotely associated

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 1:4
For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.
1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Cool: so they were predestinated unto the adoption of children by Jesus... HIMSELF...
before there ever was a mortal Jesus.... for that name was not uttered before Mathew1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Now... tell me who Paul is speaking to..... wait, here is the answer.

Introduction. (A.D. 61.)​

1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus: 2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

He is talking to those who already were the faithful in Jesus.

The people to whom this epistle is sent: To the saints who are at Ephesus, that is, to the Christians who were members of the church at Ephesus, the metropolis of Asia.

He calls them saints, for such they were in profession, such they were bound to be in truth and reality, and many of them were such.

So Paul is talking to the people that were already picked before the foundation of the world?

God gave these people grace as a gift?
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.

When?

But consider what this means

13In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

Seems we need a guarantee.....

So just because some people were picked until.before the foundations of the world is not a guarantee????

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Cool: so they were predestinated unto the adoption of children by Jesus... HIMSELF...
before there ever was a mortal Jesus.... for that name was not uttered before Mathew1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Now... tell me who Paul is speaking to..... wait, here is the answer.

Introduction. (A.D. 61.)​

1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus: 2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

He is talking to those who already were the faithful in Jesus.

The people to whom this epistle is sent: To the saints who are at Ephesus, that is, to the Christians who were members of the church at Ephesus, the metropolis of Asia.

He calls them saints, for such they were in profession, such they were bound to be in truth and reality, and many of them were such.

So Paul is talking to the people that were already picked before the foundation of the world?

God gave these people grace as a gift?
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.

When?

But consider what this means

13In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

Seems we need a guarantee.....

So just because some people were picked until.before the foundations of the world is not a guarantee????
We already are eternally irrevocably saved. What are we guaranteed besides that?

We never shall experience the second death . We only know that when we leave the dust from whence we sprang and our soul returns to God who gave it.

Because our name is written in His Lamb's Book of Life. Written there before the foundation of the world.

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a man was drowning
and another man threw him a flotation device , TELL ME was it that man that saved himself
or was it the man who threw the flotation device to the drowning man that saved that drowning man .
What was pre determined by GOD , if we read what paul makes clear and others do too as DID JESUS himself
Was that GOD predetermined that JESUS CHRIST , who was BEFORE creation was . lest ye think HE DIDNT CREATE
that by JESUS CHRIST the world can be saved .
but GOD predetermined this . and JESUS HIMSELF makes it abundantely clear
That those who hear and recieve JESUS CHRIST will be saved .
GOD CHOSE the preaching of the gospel . and if you think me be wrong TRY READING THE BIBLE again FOR YOU .
GOD whose RIGHT IT IS , CHOSE that by the Preaching of the gospel that those who do hear and beleive would be saved .
SEE the funny thing is we both can do this all day .
SO the real question is , and has always been
DO we love what pleases us , OR DO WE LOVE what pleases GOD .
NOW that change can come only from GOD .
DO we choose to sit under men like calvin or the rcc , or maybe jospeh smith
or jw , or adventist . OR , OR DO WE JUST SIMPLY HAVE THE LOVE OF GOD
that has been SHED BY GOD upon our hearts .
ITS TIME WE ALL abandon any hope in men . THAT DO INCLUDE GOVT , that do include biden or TRUMP
ITS TIME we abandon all hope IN THIS LIFE
and in the cares and pleasures in life . THIS man cannot do
by his own means . THIS IS SOMETHING GOD DO . yeah , you wanna talk the talk , THEN LETS TALK THE TALK .
lets walk the walk . You all been duped just as many who even oppose calvin have been duped .
YOU wanna know truth , OPEN BIBLE and get busy learning FOR YOU .
rathern than talking about concepts , LETS GET BUSY learning for ourselves , ALL things , all warnings no matter how dire they be
all things written and recorded in the scrips , in the letters of the apostels as well as revelation .
THE LOVE that cometh of GOD , LOVETH TRUTH , not mens twisted versions o what their scholars or any say is truth
BUT TRUTH ITSELF . and guess what , IT AINT HARD , it aint complicated as many a scholar might tell ya .
YA AINT GOT TO SIT UNDER THEM . nor HEED THEM . BE AS A CHILD , open BIBLE FOR YOU
BUT WE BOTH KNOW many wont do that . WHY . cause the bible has something within them pages
THAT folks dont want to hear nor beleive . Fact .
The reason why , the reason behind it all is this , that many have loved darkness
and thus they desired a god who best pleased them
and not the GOD who LOVED THEM and thus warned them . THEY do not know nor understand
that EVERY WORD OF GOD IS FOR OUR GOOD . INCLUDING EVERY WARNING .
Rather they spend all their time both defending and attacking anything and everyone who opposed their views
their views . and many men teach that which ought not to have been taught .
YOU SEE , i dont have to remove or twist ANYTHING IN THE BIBLE to attain peace . YOU CANNOT SAY THE SAME
if you be honest . certain warnings bother you . and YOU KNOW IT .
and yet i see ALL WARNINGS AS GOOD FOR MY SOUL . that everything and every word written
was done so for OUR LEARNING . and i dont have to sit under men
who preach what i , as a man desired . OH the LOVE OF GOD is real , THE SAD FACT IS many dont know it .
nor do they know GOD , nor HIS CHRIST . they know only what men convinced them
they truly know only what they TRULY DESIRED TO BELIEVE was truth .
I know why folks dont want to get into the bible and i know why . SOMETHING IN IT , BOTHERS THEIR CONSCIOUS .
I mean it dont matter how often a preacher told them things and how much they desired it to be true
WHEN THEY READ the scrips , WHEN THEY READ certain passages for themselves
THEY JUST cannot have peace . cause deep down they KNOW the very scrips their pastors twisted
and the very version of that twist , THE SCRIPS are DENYING IT .
ITS WHY . that is why . NEED I SAY MORE . I Trow not .
YOU ALL KNOW ITS TRUE . DEEP DOWN YOU DO . EVERY TIME you read certain verses
that contradicted the OSAS and etc , IT BOTHERS YOU . cause deep down
it makes you realize something . THESE CLOWNS lied to us .
BELIEVE ME I KNOW . YET IF WE BUT READ Afresh and anew the letters and scrips for ourselves
BELEIVE YOU ME , things would have and could have been cleared up real fast .
That's a very protracted reply to deny Jesus words.
They're right there. You don't see it. Yet,you write a lot to deny them and insert your own preference.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They're right there. You don't see it. Yet,you write a lot to deny them and insert your own preference.
you must have seen it wrong . lets try again .
This will be much better of an example than the one i gave .
HOW OFTEN would i have GATHERED YOU , ONLY YOU WOULD NOT .
As far as the drawing of GOD to CHRIST , that COMETH OF GOD .
i know that . no man can come to ME lest the FATHER draws him .
and yet CHOOSE YE THIS DAY my friends .
For when they warned the peoples they heeded not
but rather ran to an inclusive lie and liar under guise it was the love of GOD when in truth it came OF SATAN
to decieve them to merge now as ONE UNITED PEOPLES under what the tribes beleive is GOD and IS LOVE .
satan a sneaky and highly clever one . but what says you about that
other lovey do religoin i so often both warn and speak against .
I mean i would rather hear your thoughts on that .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what do you think about this one world love religoin they created . you know the one that is merging
the denominations as well as the other religoins to find common ground .
OH its a delusion all right . i would much rather hear what you say about that .
cause this predistanation nation is being misundestood by many .
What says you about the false love religoin so many now clamor over . ME , i says it of the DEVIL HIMSELF
to merge any and all to UNITE as ONE PEOPLES , to BE ONE , UNDER THE DIABLO HIS SELF .
and many are now buying into it . check out POPE FRANCIS and HIS , YEAH I SAID HIS ABRAHAM peace accords .
GOTTA give the credit to WHOM it belongs . POPE FRANCIS . oh i know trump cheered it in
BUT IT WAS THE LOVE CHILD OF THE VATICAN and of men of this world for power and control .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF we want to be honest and give credit to whom it is due .
THEN the credit for the religious tolerance act , the abraham peace accords goes too
DRUM ROLL ...............................THE VATICAN . HELLO FOLKS WE GETTING DUPED BY both SIDES NOW .

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The NEB is the New English Bible/1970, a translation from the UK. The REB/1989 is the Revised English Bible, a revision of the of the NEB. I do not know of any online access to the REB available. I have it on my 'theWord' Bible software purchased years ago, but it is no longer available there. The NEB can be read online at the archive.org web site. That is a site with free account, but accepts donations. The NEB you can read there:

You can read the Preface of the NEB and REB here:

The NEB and REB are Dynamic Equivalence Translations

I prefer the REB over any of the modern dynamic equivalence translations. I stay with the more mainline translations rather than the many evangelical versions such as the NKJV, NASB, ESV, etc.
Please clarify. You stated in your post #82 that the REB is not revised?

Yet above you said, "The REB/1989 is the Revised English Bible, a revision of the of the NEB."

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you must have seen it wrong . lets try again .
This will be much better of an example than the one i gave .
HOW OFTEN would i have GATHERED YOU , ONLY YOU WOULD NOT .
As far as the drawing of GOD to CHRIST , that COMETH OF GOD .
i know that . no man can come to ME lest the FATHER draws him .
and yet CHOOSE YE THIS DAY my friends .
For when they warned the peoples they heeded not
but rather ran to an inclusive lie and liar under guise it was the love of GOD when in truth it came OF SATAN
to decieve them to merge now as ONE UNITED PEOPLES under what the tribes beleive is GOD and IS LOVE .
satan a sneaky and highly clever one . but what says you about that
other lovey do religoin i so often both warn and speak against .
I mean i would rather hear your thoughts on that .
No need for you to try and explain yourself again.
Thanks .

• Sad
Reactions: amigo de christo

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please clarify. You stated in your post #82 that the REB is not revised?

Yet above you said, "The REB/1989 is the Revised English Bible, a revision of the of the NEB."
The NEB & REB are not "Revised" versions, but totally new translations directly from the Hebrew and Greek.

If you had been more interested in learning something rather than merely being childishly obtuse, you'd have understood. The RV, ASV, RSV, NRSV are revisions in the Tyndale-KJV tradition. The NEB was not a revision, but went direct to the best manuscripts in those translator's judgments, and gave a new translation, not a revision. If you had read the Prefaces I gave to the NEB & REB you'd have understood the context of "Revised" in the REB!

• Love
Reactions: BlessedPeace

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The NEB & REB are not "Revised" versions, but totally new translations directly from the Hebrew and Greek.

If you had been more interested in learning something rather than merely being childishly obtuse, you'd have understood. The RV, ASV, RSV, NRSV are revisions in the Tyndale-KJV tradition. The NEB was not a revision, but went direct to the best manuscripts in those translator's judgments, and gave a new translation, not a revision. If you had read the Prefaces I gave to the NEB & REB you'd have understood the context of "Revised" in the REB!
Ephesians 3:16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We already are eternally irrevocably saved. What are we guaranteed besides that?

We never shall experience the second death . We only know that when we leave the dust from when e we sprang and our soul returns to God who gave it.

Because our name is written in His Lamb's Book of Life. Written there before the foundation of the world.
If your read Pauls words to those at Ephesisus he says 1: 5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Jesus Christ was not a named person before the beginning of the foundation of the world.

Yes the book of life is attributed to Him but His name Jesus was only known from His birth

Arthur....

Would you kindly give links to us so we might also read the

I have been searching for the REB this AM but am close to out of time and since you know all about them, cut a sister a break and link me up please.

Thank you , brother.

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your read Pauls words to those at Ephesisus he says 1: 5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Jesus Christ was not a named person before the beginning of the foundation of the world.

Yes the book of life is attributed to Him but His name Jesus was only known from His birth

Arthur....

Would you kindly give links to us so we might also read the

I have been searching for the REB this AM but am close to out of time and since you know all about them, cut a sister a break and link me up please.

Thank you , brother.
Dear Sister, you will find many wonderful helps on the www.archive.org web site. To access most books you must have an account, but the account is free, with donations gratefully accepted. It takes a little time to learn to use this web site efficiently, but it is well worth the effort. I am preparing to post on the Bible Study Forum an list of online helps for the serious Bible student. But, to your request, you'll find the following three links of interest:

NEB - New English Bible, Oxford Study Ed., (1970/1976) a UK Dynamic Equivalence Translation
(This study Bible takes an academic perspective and includes the Apocrypha, page 26 of 1748 in the archive reader, gives the hard cover page 1, Gen. 1:1. Notice the annotation in v1 giving ref. to Apocrypha)

REB - Revised English Bible without the Apocrypha or annotations The annotations in the NEB & REB Oxford Study Ed. are very similar

NRSV-REB-NAB-NJB Complete Parallel Bible with Apocryphal/Deuterocanonical Books

For those desiring an older reference Bible, the KJV with the 1885 RV Interlinear; check the following. Check the forward to the Bible to understand how to use it properly.

KJV-1885 RV Interlinear Bible with notes and cross references including Apocrypha references

I hope to post the full post in Bible Study Forum no later than tomorrow.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think you posted to the wrong person. I did not say anything about Jesus' name in my post.

John 1 tells us who Jesus is. Names are our domain of identification. God is Omnipresent spirit.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1 tells us who Jesus is.
Well, not quite and all the Gospels tell us who Jesus is, the Son of God, the long awaited Anointed One:
  1. Matthew 3:17 behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son,with whom I am well pleased.”
  2. Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
  3. Luke 1:32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David,
  4. John 20:31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, not quite
Not quite?

John 1
1 beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made.

Word Became Flesh
(Psalm 84:1–12)

14The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us.b We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Sonc from the Father, full of grace and truth