The Last Battle

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't like stories then don't even bother reading past this sentence, but I wrote a short parable, that is, a story to teach a moral lesson and it doesn't have any great weight to it. I didn't quote scripture directly even once, but this is a discussion forum, not a bible study forum and it seems that pretty much of anything goes. I did draw on scripture to write it, as there wouldn't be any valid morality to it without drawing upon God's word, but its only for those who can receive it and I can't say that it has a happy ending. It comes out as less than a page in my word processor, so bear with me for a few minutes if you will. Just remember that its only the way that I see things. Please forgive all the simple conjunctions; it's a story, not a work of art:

There once was a great king with vast holdings and treasure. He possessed all that his eyes surveyed and more.
And the king willed to leave his country behind for a season, and he chose from among his subjects a group of men to be stewards of his power and his great wealth.
And leaving them behind, he took his journey until the day would be right for his return.
And the days passed, and the years went by, and life became hard in the absence of the king.
And the subjects of the king grew restless and impoverished by their numbers. And lawlessness began to abound.
And because the action of the king’s subjects were so grievous to his stewards, they began to become hard of heart toward the transgressors and began to build towers and prisons and fortresses with the wealth of the king.
And the people, the subjects of the king began to see that they were neglected and began to believe that their good king was dead, so they rose up in rebellion against their king and against his stewards, and made war against them.
Now, the stewards desired to be faithful to their king, but they saw that their power was waning, and that their own number was dwindling, and they too began to doubt whether or not their king would return.
And they made their camp around the city of the king, because in that city were all that were left who feared the king.
And the armies of the rebellion gathered around them, to seize what might be left of the king’s treasure and to throw off the yoke of his stewards once and for all. And the army of the rebellion was vast and stretched out in every direction as far as the eye could see.
Now, what was left of the small group of stewards were prepared to fight to the death, but they knew that a victory in their own strength was impossible, so they did the strangest thing. They all lifted their hands and their faces up toward heaven and shouted as one the name of their king. Then they laid their weapons upon the ground, covered themselves, and hid their eyes from the heavens, and from the vast army of the rebellion.
And there was a great sound like the sound of a great trumpet, and a great noise as of the voice of many waters, and there was a brilliant light which shone all around them, and then there was silence.
And the stewards of the king looked at each other and there was baldness upon every head, and every face was covered in ash, and all around them were the bodies, the ashes and bones of all of that great army of the rebellion.
And when they looked up, they saw the return of their king in great anger.
This day of defeat was turned into one of great victory by their king, but none rejoiced. And every eye flowed with tears down ashen faces. And the only mouths that were open wailed in grief and moaned in shame. For this great army that now lay destroyed at their feet, was the very treasure that they were charged to minister to, to serve, and to protect in the power and wealth of the king and in his name.

This probably won't make me any friends, but if you can take it to heart, good for you. None of the redeemed will have cause to boast in heaven, but He will wipe away every tear. Amen.