The Last Generation IS the Generation of the Parable of A Fig Tree

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

doran

Oct 18, 2023
Lake Worth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This isn't a court room, no lawyers here setting precedents, so your Egyptian story doesn't work, and is irrelevant to the topic about the final generation which Jesus pointed to in His Olive discourse.

That above is even more IRRELEVANT regarding the generation of the parable of a fig tree.

Knowing which generation He was pointing to is easy, because He declared the generation in question would literally SEE ALL THESE THINGS, which means the SIGNS of the end that He was giving upon the Mount of Olives. It's the FINAL generation that will SEE all those SIGNS, because those are about the end of this world leading up to His future return.

So theories about 70 A.D. have absolutely NOTHING to do with that final generation He was pointing to. And the 70 A.D. destruction of Jerusalem and the temple only served as a 'type' for the future FINAL destruction upon the temple mount on the day of His future return.
His generation did see all those things. They saw the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple. Mat 24:36ff. answers the second question about the Parousia. You're conflating the two questions and therefore two very different answers which is why you can't understand the passage.

And yes, the Isaiah passage is relevant because Jesus talked about judgment and God came to Egypt in judgment -- but no one visibly saw him. And in both cases armies were used to execute God's judgment.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His generation did see all those things.
That's where you err, because Jesus wasn't pointing to the 70 A.D. destruction of Jerusalem and the temple. That not one stone atop another was spoken of prior to His disciples asking Him what would be the Sign of His coming and of the end of the world. The SIGNS Jesus then began with involve the very last days of this world connected with the time of "great tribulation".

That is where your great error lay, because the main SIGNS Jesus gave starting with don't let any man deceive you and ending with the declaration of His future coming and gathering of His saints, is for the very end of this world, NOT the generation of Christ's 1st coming.

doran

Oct 18, 2023
Lake Worth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This isn't a court room, no lawyers here setting precedents, so your Egyptian story doesn't work, and is irrelevant to the topic about the final generation which Jesus pointed to in His Olive discourse.

That above is even more IRRELEVANT regarding the generation of the parable of a fig tree.

Knowing which generation He was pointing to is easy, because He declared the generation in question would literally SEE ALL THESE THINGS, which means the SIGNS of the end that He was giving upon the Mount of Olives. It's the FINAL generation that will SEE all those SIGNS, because those are about the end of this world leading up to His future return.

So theories about 70 A.D. have absolutely NOTHING to do with that final generation He was pointing to. And the 70 A.D. destruction of Jerusalem and the temple only served as a 'type' for the future FINAL destruction upon the temple mount on the day of His future return.
The generation Jesus was addressing ("this" generation) did "see all these things", i.e. the end of the Jewish Age. Words matter. Jesus was talking to flesh and blood people who asked him two questions. The first question "when will this happen" was answered in vv. 4-35. The second part of the question he answered in vv.36ff. "This generation" all throughout Matthew meant the generation who saw, walked and talked with Jesus. No need to pervert the plain meaning of the text.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The generation Jesus was addressing ("this" generation) did "see all these things", i.e. the end of the Jewish Age. Words matter. Jesus was talking to flesh and blood people who asked him two questions. The first question "when will this happen" was answered in vv. 4-35. The second part of the question he answered in vv.36ff. "This generation" all throughout Matthew meant the generation who saw, walked and talked with Jesus. No need to pervert the plain meaning of the text.

Sorry, but I have to laugh at some of the 'slogans' you've picked up from men's leaven traditions, like that "Jewish Age". And then you say, "Words matter", right after saying that? You should take your own advice, dude.

The 'generation' Jesus was pointing to is about the FINAL generation that will literally SEE His coming return. The Scripture is very easy if you read it as written...

Matt 24:32-34
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33 So likewise ye,
when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass,
till all these things be fulfilled.
KJV

Those 2 phrases in 'red' are the key to knowing just which "generation" He was pointing to.

That generation would "see all these things". WHAT... "things"? The SIGNS that Jesus gave in that Matthew 24 chapter. And what is the LAST SIGN Jesus gave there? the SIGN of His future coming and gathering of His saints, which has still not yet happened to this day.

Likewise that "till all these things be fulfilled" phrase also points to the LAST generation on earth that will SEE Christ's future return.

That is per the simple English grammar of those above verses. It is not a mystery, it is written in simplicity.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." (Matt 24:34 KJV)
"Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways." (Heb 3:10 KJV)

"This generation" means that generation to whom He was speaking.
"That generation" refers to a generation many centuries distant.

"Truly I tell you: the present generation will live to see it all." (Matt 24:34 REB)
"I tell you in solemn truth that the present generation will certainly not pass away without all these things having first taken place." (Matt 24:34 Weymouth)

"So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors." (Matt 24:33 KJV)

When you keep in mind, that Jesus was speaking to Jews who would be familiar with the apocalyptic language often used in prophecy as found in the Jewish Bible, the OT; keeping that in mind, indeed they saw "all these things" which had been given in the preceding.
Actually "this generation" refers to a specific people group at a specific time when those things spoken of will be fulfilled.

"That generation" refers to Israel in the past and present at the time it was spoken.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually "this generation" refers to a specific people group at a specific time when those things spoken of will be fulfilled.

"That generation" refers to Israel in the past and present at the time it was spoken.
I Just woke from the craziest dream. I dreamt that I was on-line and I kept seeing articles and stories about a specific tattoo people were getting which looked a little like the one I made in paint. This tattoo signifed that those who had it were saved by grace without doing anything at all because Jesus already did it for them when he died and rose again. No confession of faith, no belief, no changing of their worldly ways, no salvation message. This dream was disturbing and many non believers as well as Christians were getting this tattoo. I'm sure we will see something similar arise in the future
ANGELINA had THIS DREAM .
ITS A WARNING FROM GOD ronald . I have been at war against this ever growing false unity inclusive lie for years .
THE MARK OF THE BEAST IS ALL TIED INTO IT too .
Now i am recruting folks to help me warn against the false love unity lie that so many are now going UNDER .
they are everywhere too . its on the right , its on the left , its in politics , education , churches and false religoins .
ITS EVERYWHERE TO UNIFY THEM NOW AS ONE to come against the true lambs too .
Take heed . do take heed . cause it came in under the seeker friendly ...........................OOPS .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Just woke from the craziest dream. I dreamt that I was on-line and I kept seeing articles and stories about a specific tattoo people were getting which looked a little like the one I made in paint. This tattoo signifed that those who had it were saved by grace without doing anything at all because Jesus already did it for them when he died and rose again. No confession of faith, no belief, no changing of their worldly ways, no salvation message. This dream was disturbing and many non believers as well as Christians were getting this tattoo. I'm sure we will see something similar arise in the future
ANGELINA had THIS DREAM .
ITS A WARNING FROM GOD ronald . I have been at war against this ever growing false unity inclusive lie for years .
THE MARK OF THE BEAST IS ALL TIED INTO IT too .
Now i am recruting folks to help me warn against the false love unity lie that so many are now going UNDER .
they are everywhere too . its on the right , its on the left , its in politics , education , churches and false religoins .
ITS EVERYWHERE TO UNIFY THEM NOW AS ONE to come against the true lambs too .
Take heed . do take heed . cause it came in under the seeker friendly ...........................OOPS .
Don't recruit people for anything to war against one of the legions of false doctrines out there.

Spend your time making disciples who love the word and God will use them where He has placed them to fight the good fight of faith and contend for the faith.

Being an expert in the Word makes believers fully equipped to fight any and all false doctrine.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You realize you just contradicted yourself with the above?

How can that generation be about when those things spoken of will be fulfilled, while also being about Israel in the 'past'? I didn't know Jesus' 2nd coming and gathering of His Church happened back in the past, did anyone else here know that??

No, those SIGNS Jesus gave in His Olivet discourse are meant to occur ONLY in the final generation on earth that will SEE His future coming in the clouds to gather His faithful Church. That can mean ONLY the FINAL generation of this present world.