The Last Generation IS the Generation of the Parable of A Fig Tree

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only... way the last generation will be recognized is on the last day of this world when Jesus returns. That is NOT prior to the "great tribulation" by the way.
no its not prior to GODS wrath , HIS great tribulation against who , the beast , the fp , those who worshipped it .
But a mean persecution and tribulation is fast building in these days and will come world wide as one
against the non conforming lambs . Most dont recognize it . they are already
under its false awakening they call love , tolerance , unity , we are one as they merge with other religoins
and even call certain sins love . BUT soon they will rise as one against
the non conforming lambs . Just watch and behold . So long as we are in this world
ITS NOT GETTING better , ONLY WORSE as will the persectuions and tribuilations against us .
SO , dont buy the abraham accords lie , the all inclusive lie . its dung too . But do be prepared
to lose all for HIS SAKE .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only... way the last generation will be recognized is on the last day of this world when Jesus returns. That is NOT prior to the "great tribulation" by the way.
When the sky rips it will be too late for many . And by the signs of the times , THAT DAY draweth ever nigh .

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no its not prior to GODS wrath , HIS great tribulation against who , the beast , the fp , those who worshipped it .
The subject is the "generation" that Jesus pointed to in the parable of a fig tree, not your thinking about the trials and tribulations of today's generation. Stick to Bible Scripture, and don't rant. Have you forgotten the title of this thread already? Stay focused.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the sky rips it will be too late for many . And by the signs of the times , THAT DAY draweth ever nigh .
How you gonna' know what the SIGNS are, if you do not know WHAT Jesus showed to be WATCHING?

Can you tell me the 1st SIGN Jesus gave to be WATCHING for the end?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason why I'm trying to get you to look deeper... at Bible Scripture, is because anyone can take little bits and pieces of Bible Scripture and create little 'sayings' with it, which is often what those on men's false Pre-trib Rapture theory do.

I'm pretty old, so in my lifetime I've heard the Pre-tribbers throw bits and pieces around as if to make others think they know The Bible, when they couldn't find their way out of a wet paper bag they found a Bible in.

We're gonna' "fly away", they'd say. Or "Jesus will come as a thief in the night! so be ready to go brethren, at any moment!" Or, "Jesus' coming is imminent brother! He could come at any moment!"

Or... exactly like what you've said above in your post.

The Biblical FACTS are: the SIGNS leading up to His future return that HE gave His, MUST happen 'as written'. Man cannot change them. And there are some who think to help the orthodox unbelieving Jews with their plans to build their 3rd temple, because... they think it will help usher in Christ's return that much sooner! That's crazy, but it really shows how Biblically illiterate those men are, and they certainly do not... know about Jesus' command for us to WATCH involving the SIGNS of the end He gave us.

So what are those SIGNS He gave us per His Olivet discourse, and His Book of Revelation? That is what each Bible student should ask theirself. How will one even understand His command for us to LEARN a parable of the fig tree, how can we know when that generation is without understanding the SIGNS in His Word of Truth?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason why I'm trying to get you to look deeper... at Bible Scripture, is because anyone can take little bits and pieces of Bible Scripture and create little 'sayings' with it, which is often what those on men's false Pre-trib Rapture theory do.

I'm pretty old, so in my lifetime I've heard the Pre-tribbers throw bits and pieces around as if to make others think they know The Bible, when they couldn't find their way out of a wet paper bag they found a Bible in.

We're gonna' "fly away", they'd say. Or "Jesus will come as a thief in the night! so be ready to go brethren, at any moment!" Or, "Jesus' coming is imminent brother! He could come at any moment!"

Or... exactly like what you've said above in your post.

The Biblical FACTS are: the SIGNS leading up to His future return that HE gave His, MUST happen 'as written'. Man cannot change them. And there are some who think to help the orthodox unbelieving Jews with their plans to build their 3rd temple, because... they think it will help usher in Christ's return that much sooner! That's crazy, but it really shows how Biblically illiterate those men are, and they certainly do not... know about Jesus' command for us to WATCH involving the SIGNS of the end He gave us.

So what are those SIGNS He gave us per His Olivet discourse, and His Book of Revelation? That is what each Bible student should ask theirself. How will one even understand His command for us to LEARN a parable of the fig tree, how can we know when that generation is without understanding the SIGNS in His Word of Truth?
Beware of the abraham accords . For it preaches a lie indeed .
And if we read the bible we can see the true temple , the true heavenly is above .
Many are thinking a third timple must be built . Many are thinking indeed . But the TRUE is in heaven
whereby in the SPIRIT the true lambs are connected . WHERE GOD and the LAMB are THE TEMPLE
and the lambs are but wee stones within . THERE is no other plan of salvation . but many seem to think
there is this other end time plan of salvation for the jews and etc . NOPE . NO FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST
no white garments , no access IN . GOTTA BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST . that applies to the gentile as it does to the jew .
As i am sure you probably already know that . Inclusivity is taking captive many now to a lie
that will not save them no matter how much false hope it offers up . JESUS CHRIST is whom we ought to preach
and not false hope . BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST .
IF a jew denies JESUS CHRIST they will damned the same as a gentile who does so . No other end time all of a sudden
everyone is saved , IS GONNA SAVE ANYONE . Paul who was a jew , peter who was a jew ,
john who was a jew , THEY KNEW . THEY KNEW THE ONE TRUE GOSPEL that saves and they KNEW THE DIRE NECESSITY
to PREACH IT TOO . this last generation seemth to know nothing but false hope and a false love which aint gonna save anyone .

doran

Oct 18, 2023
Lake Worth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keeping His commandment for us to WATCH has nothing to do with knowing the day or hour of His coming. I had already said that no man can know the day our hour.

But knowing the "times and the seasons", like Paul said to the Thessalonians already knowing about, that's different (1 Thessalonians 5).

Jesus gave us 7 main SIGNS of the end leading up to His future return in His Olivet discourse of Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21. They are... the SEALS of Rev.6.

THAT... is what we are supposed to be WATCHING, per His command. I can't make it any more simple than that.

So why not study those Bible Chapters I mentioned above, and check me out in them, instead of just pushing opinions of men?
Seven "main signs"? Do you know specifically where these can be found? For example, in Matthew 24?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I see the correlation in the OP.

But I would rather say "it (the parable) applies to every generation up to the last generation (including the last)"

doran

Oct 18, 2023
Lake Worth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see the correlation in the OP.

But I would rather say "it (the parable) applies to every generation up to the last generation (including the last)"
And therein is the problem, for the text doesn't say that it applies to "every generation". Jesus very specifically limited its application by his words in v.34 -- "this generation". The generation he was addressing when speaking to his disciples.

And then there is the problem of the Lord's use of personal pronouns. From v.1 through v.35 in that he used the second person pronouns at least 13 times in that passage, clearly signalling that the disciples to whom he was speaking were going to be around to witness the fulfillment of his prophecy.... as well as the fulfillment of the last half of Daniel's 70th week prophecy in Daniel 9 to which Jesus alluded (v.15).

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And therein is the problem, for the text doesn't say that it applies to "every generation". Jesus very specifically limited its application by his words in v.34 -- "this generation". The generation he was addressing when speaking to his disciples.

And then there is the problem of the Lord's use of personal pronouns. From v.1 through v.35 in that he used the second person pronouns at least 13 times in that passage, clearly signalling that the disciples to whom he was speaking were going to be around to witness the fulfillment of his prophecy.... as well as the fulfillment of the last half of Daniel's 70th week prophecy in Daniel 9 to which Jesus alluded (v.15).
Saying it is for His generation, doesn't change the fact that there are a number of Ages to come.

But I take your point, finding the Lord's generation is still important (whatever Age it is).

doran

Oct 18, 2023
Lake Worth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saying it is for His generation, doesn't change the fact that there are a number of Ages to come.

But I take your point, finding the Lord's generation is still important (whatever Age it is).
The Lord's generation were his contemporaries. What generation do you think Jesus had in mind in these passages: Mat 11:16; Mat 12:41-32, 45; 17:17; Mk 8:12;, 38; 9:19; Lk 7:31; 11:29-30, etc? Which Jewish generation was adulterous and sinful (Mk 8:38) and unbelieving (Mk 9:19 and wicked (Lk 11:29)? Which generation crucified the Lord of Glory (Lk 11:50)? So then, how can "this generation" in Mat 24 not be Jesus' contemporaries?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if we read the bible we can see the true temple , the true heavenly is above .
Yet Christ is going to build the true temple right here on earth when He comes, which is the temple described in the last 9 chapters of the Book of Ezekiel. We have too many brethren that think Christ's Salvation is about living up in the clouds away from the concept of an earth.

Bible prophecy for the end of this world per what Jesus quoted from the Book of Daniel about the "abomination of desolation" REQUIRES a standing Jewish temple in Jerusalem for the end of this 'present' world. Thus your Heavenly temple contrast does not work with that idea, because if the Jew's 3rd temple is required to fulfill the Daniel prophecy, which it is, then one can say that 3rd temple is ordained for the end of this world by GOD"s Own hand.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seven "main signs"? Do you know specifically where these can be found? For example, in Matthew 24?
Specifically in Matthew 24 and Mark 13. Study those Olivet discourse chapters along with Revelation 6, because those SIGNS of the end are also the SEALS of Revelation 6.

I'm pretty sure that I did a Bible study describing each one while showing their parallel Seal in Rev.6, somewhere on this Forum.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet Christ is going to build the true temple right here on earth when He comes, which is the temple described in the last 9 chapters of the Book of Ezekiel. We have too many brethren that think Christ's Salvation is about living up in the clouds away from the concept of an earth.

Bible prophecy for the end of this world per what Jesus quoted from the Book of Daniel about the "abomination of desolation" REQUIRES a standing Jewish temple in Jerusalem for the end of this 'present' world. Thus your Heavenly temple contrast does not work with that idea, because if the Jew's 3rd temple is required to fulfill the Daniel prophecy, which it is, then one can say that 3rd temple is ordained for the end of this world by GOD"s Own hand.
You mean HE IS THE TRUE TEMPLE . oh i agree its gonna descend all right .
Have you noticed that some folks teach that JESUS is gonna set up a temple for us
and that will we be then offering up sacrifices of bulls and goats again . NOW HOW DOES that make sense .
WHY would WE return , after having been saved and in the new age , BACK TO THE BLOOD of bulls and of goats .
Exactly .

doran

Oct 18, 2023
Lake Worth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Specifically in Matthew 24 and Mark 13. Study those Olivet discourse chapters along with Revelation 6, because those SIGNS of the end are also the SEALS of Revelation 6.

I'm pretty sure that I did a Bible study describing each one while showing their parallel Seal in Rev.6, somewhere on this Forum.
Those seven "signs" only apply to the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple (Mat 24:4-35), which, of course, was fulfilled in 70 A.D. The rest of the prophetic discourse has to do the Parousia, in which no signs are given.

doran

Oct 18, 2023
Lake Worth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you noticed that some folks teach that JESUS is gonna set up a temple for us
and that will we be then offering up sacrifices of bulls and goats again . NOW HOW DOES that make sense .
WHY would WE return , after having been saved and in the new age , BACK TO THE BLOOD of bulls and of goats .
Exactly .
Exactly right! Plus the old temple was but a type of Christ. And Typology is only a one-way street. Antitypes never revert back to their shadows or types.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

doran

Oct 18, 2023
Lake Worth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's because most of Revelation was fulfilled in 70 A.D. when Jerusalem fell. Ever notice in Revelation all the "half week" language in it -- as in the last half of Daniel's 70th week, e.g. 1,260 days (11:3; 12:6), 42 months (11:2), 3-1/2 days (11:9) ?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The "temple of God" phrase which Apostle Paul stated in 2 Thessalonians 2:4 that the coming "man of sin" will exalt himself in, has NOTHING to do with the idea of the 'spiritual temple' which is of The Holy Spirit. Paul was pointing to a STONE TEMPLE in Jerusalem in 2 Thess.2:4.

Exactly .
I'd say those are mostly Jews that think that. It's because those Ezekiel chapters about the future Millennial sanctuary mention animal sacrifices, I think it's in Ezekiel 44. But that was written in a time when Israel was still under the old covenant. Since Jesus Christ died on the cross, being the perfect sacrifice for sin, for one and all time, it means those Ezekiel 44 sacrifices will not be about literal animal sacrifice in that future, but of our spiritual sacrifices of love to The Father and His Son, like what Peter said in 1 Peter 2:5.

Something else to consider.

1. God only gave 'hints' in His Old Testament prophets about Lord Jesus Christ being crucified on a cross to represent the end of old covenant required animal sacrifices. In Ezekiel's day, he wasn't given to understand that about Messiah (See 1 Peter 1:10-12).

2. Because sacrifices are mentioned in that future Millennial time with those Ezekiel 40 thru 48 chapters and the Millennial temple Jesus will reign with, it causes many brethren in Christ to steer away from those Ezekiel chapters. They count those chapters having already been fulfilled sometime back in history, when they have not been. Those same denominations will instead create some other style of events for Christ's future "thousand years" reign, and some of their ideas are truly ludicrous, like no more earth at all, keying on the destruction of 2 Peter 3:10 only. So they tend to also scrap the Zechariah 14 chapter also, which is about Christ's future return to this earth and reign on earth with His elect per Rev.20. Brethren that follow those denominations reveal they only read a small section of The Bible.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those seven "signs" only apply to the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple (Mat 24:4-35), which, of course, was fulfilled in 70 A.D. The rest of the prophetic discourse has to do the Parousia, in which no signs are given.
That of course is false.

Didn't you read the Matthew 24:29-31 verses that describe Christ's FUTURE return AFTER the future "great tribulation"?

The SIGN Jesus gave that kicks off the "great tribulation" at the very end of this present world is the false one that's coming placing the "abomination of desolation" IDOL in the Jew's temple in Jerusalem. That means a STANDING JEWISH TEMPLE in today's Jerusalem, which so far, the orthodox Jews in today's Jerusalem already have the materials ready to build their 3rd temple, but not the authority yet to do so.

The ONLY SIGN in Jesus' Olivet discourse that links to past the 70 A.D. history is the SIGN He gave regarding the structures of the Temple Mount, not one stone atop another. FYI, today, there are STILL huge stones upon today's Temple Mount in Jerusalem!

THEREFORE, that SIGN about not one stone atop another is just a 'blueprint' for the 70 A.D. destruction by the Romans. The ACTUAL fulfillment of that SIGN Jesus gave will be on the day of His future return on the "day of the Lord", the last day of this present world. ALL... stones atop another will be destroyed in that area on the day of Christ's future return. The Mount of Olives will be split in two, cleave toward the east and toward the west, and half the mount will remove to the north, and half the mount remove to the south, per Zechariah 14 when Christ's feet touch down upon the Mount of Olives.