The Last of the Godly Man?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To begin by defining the ungodly with one verse...

Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. - Ezekiel 16:49

In other words they did not find anything better to do! Pictured below is the look of an elder of the Virginia Pentecostal Holiness church with his daughters who just passed away this week. These guys enjoyed a wonderful Walton lifestyle...

1. Plant potatoes and onions in the early spring
2. Plant the rest of the garden in May
3. Put up hay and farm during the summer
4. Harvest in the fall with huge potato bins and much canning
5. Wife by their sides fixing wonderful home cooked meals
6. Gather wood, coal, and kindling in the fall
7. Enjoy the fruits of the year in the winter
8. Attend church several times a week encouraging others as well
9. Many good revivals in the year - Strove to bring their families up in the same way
10. Speakers, events, revivals, experiences all unique. Which made going to church exciting as we did not know what God was going to do next.

They made no time for the flesh or the devil. It has been a grief of heart for me to see the old generations pass on and the new liberal generations rise up. I cannot recommend my denomination, the Virginia Pentecostal Holiness church anymore, simply because in my view I have seen the last of the truly Godly men. I am afraid many these days do not find anything better to do then to fall into mischievousness!

417562352_7101275199949903_7960340596821833567_n.jpg

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tribute from a saddened daughter - Precious daddy, we love you and miss you so bad, our hearts are broken , but we know you’re in heaven , that is comforting. We were blessed with a good Godly father, who loved and served the Lord, a faithful servant, well done daddy, we will meet you again, in a land where we will never grow old ❤️