THE LAW

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
Galatians 5:14
'For ALL of THE LAW is FULFILLED in one word, in this: Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.'

Jesus has redeemed us from the curse of the law and has given us the liberty to fulfill it easily.

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
'For ALL of THE LAW is FULFILLED in one word, in this: Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.'

Jesus has redeemed us from the curse of the law and has given us the liberty to fulfill it easily.

Hi Disciple , and I say AMEN , DAN P

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
Hey dan!, yeah every post i went to was arguments about the law, so i was compelled to post a scripture that contains the simplicity that is in Christ Jesus.

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ

It is very difficultfor most to fully understand the importance of this verse.

In Lev 19:18;"'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.

The term “neighbor” isthe Hebrew term rea’ or reya’, which means, simply, a friend, a companion or just, another person.

In Mark 12:31; “ The second [greatest Commandment]” is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

And Mark 12:33;” Tolove God with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all yourstrength, and to love your neighboras yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices."

In both verses, theterm “neighbor”, is the Greek term, “pleesion”,and it means, simply, someone close by; someone in proximity of you.

This is very hard formost to accept, especially, in light of the terribly un-Scriptural “Just War Doctrine”.

The world needs police and military and are very prone to war. The Kingdom of God has its own set of rules by which we fight against evil.

The term church, (Greek-ekklesia),in the NT, means, a calling out, i.e. the Christian community of members here on earth. Those who have been called out of the kingdom of the world into the Kingdom of God.

Since the “called outones” have been filled with the Spirit of God they have Spiritual Power withwhich to, both, resist and conquer evil. All this through the Power of God in Christ.

The two most important words in the NT, that True Christians need to fully understand, are, “LOVE” and “LORD”. Without a full understanding of what the Lord meant by loving all those in proximity of you and who the LORD really is, we cannot emulate Christ here on earth.

After all, the term “Christian”,(Greek-christianos), the appellation given to us by a pagan Emperor, really means, a “slave” and a “warrior” for the Divine Christ.

Remember, "The Law is good if you use it as God intended"