The Life of Christ for the Believer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not only did Jesus die for us, but he also lived for us.

It was his life that was lived for our justification, "To declare, I say, at this time HIS righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him that believes in Jesus" Romans 3:26. Jesus justifies us by doing for us that which we cannot do for ourselves. In our name and on our behalf, Jesus fulfilled all of the demands of God's Holy Law. That was not enough. In our name and on our behalf, Jesus atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Making us perfect and complete in himself, Colossians 2:10.

When I was going to the organized church I frequently heard, "Give your life to Christ". Truth of the matter is that Jesus does not want your sinful life. He has already crucified it. He wants you to have his sinless life, the life that is without spot or blemish, 1 Peter 1:19. A life that has been perfected through suffering, Hebrews 5:8-9. The Colossians like many of today's holiness religions were getting hung up on their Christian lives. They were glorying in their righteousness. Paul said to them, "For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:3. Not much to glory about if we are dead and our lives are hid with Christ in God.

Catholics and other holiness religions focus on the death of Christ. The biblical emphasis is not the death of Jesus, it is his life and resurrection. Religion is a ministration of death, 2 Corinthians 3:7, because it is based upon law (what we do) Maybe this is why the priest all wear black, it is a symbol for death. If the life of Christ is not part of your theology, then you may be following a dead religion. Jesus said, "I have come that you might have life and have it more abundantly, John 10:10. Is the life of Christ your life, or do you have a dead religion? Paul said, "Christ is our life" Colossians 3:4. The life of Christ is the only life that God accepts. We are accepted only in him and because of him.

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It was his life that was lived for our justification, "To declare, I say, at this time HIS righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him that believes in Jesus" Romans 3:26. Jesus justifies us by doing for us that which we cannot do for ourselves. In our name and on our behalf, Jesus fulfilled all of the demands of God's Holy Law. That was not enough. In our name and on our behalf, Jesus atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Making us perfect and complete in himself, Colossians 2:10.

When I was going to the organized church I frequently heard, "Give your life to Christ". Truth of the matter is that Jesus does not want your sinful life. He has already crucified it. He wants you to have his sinless life, the life that is without spot or blemish, 1 Peter 1:19. A life that has been perfected through suffering, Hebrews 5:8-9. The Colossians like many of today's holiness religions were getting hung up on their Christian lives. They were glorying in their righteousness. Paul said to them, "For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:3. Not much to glory about if we are dead and our lives are hid with Christ in God.

Catholics and other holiness religions focus on the death of Christ. The biblical emphasis is not the death of Jesus, it is his life and resurrection. Religion is a ministration of death, 2 Corinthians 3:7, because it is based upon law (what we do) Maybe this is why the priest all wear black, it is a symbol for death. If the life of Christ is not part of your theology, then you may be following a dead religion. Jesus said, "I have come that you might have life and have it more abundantly, John 10:10. Is the life of Christ your life, or do you have a dead religion? Paul said, "Christ is our life" Colossians 3:4. The life of Christ is the only life that God accepts. We are accepted only in him and because of him.

Right on--good point--well said!

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Nhisname

Dec 6, 2022
Joplin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is something I had not thought of before, we worship Jesus as our resurrected Lord but Catholics keep him on the cross.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is something I had not thought of before, we worship Jesus as our resurrected Lord but Catholics keep him on the cross.
You got it! The pope sits on his elaborate throne while Christ is on the cross. This sort of boils my oil.