The Love of God - John MacArthur

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except that is not what it says in context as I already told you.

No, it actually does remove free will. Again, this is not a question of will, but of ability.

He gives room for all to repent, knowing that nobody will because they are not able to without Him.

And here is your major problem. You assume, wrongly I might add, that Calvinists do not affirm free will. Every Calvinist I know, including myself, affirms free will. The problem is not will, but ability. Our will is in bondage to sin. There is none righteous, not one, there are none that seek after God. If it was solely up to our own free will, and not God's choice, nobody would be saved because it is not the will of any man who lives in his sin.

The Holy Spirit convicts people of sin and righteousness, and why are you putting "the elect" into scripture where it is not? " The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance."
Yet, you insert He wishes "God is patient that none of the elect shall perish." That is NOT in the bible...you inserted the "elect". It is almost like you Calvinists take joy in the fact that God would create only to allow some to perish. Wow. And, you can "tell me" anything you want, it does not make YOU right nor does it make me WRONG. I pray God will open your eyes and soften your heart.
You guys really have to do back flips to make your "doctrine" stick. Sad and arrogant. How about this ends here. I am so tired of going back on my own promise to myself to stop reading this bunk.

Reactions: Giuliano

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit convicts people of sin and righteousness, and why are you putting "the elect" into scripture where it is not? "
Do you deny that some are elect to salvation?

Yet, you insert He wishes "God is patient that none of the elect shall perish." That is NOT in the bible...you inserted the "elect".
Context Nancy. Who is this being written to and why?

It is almost like you Calvinists take joy in the fact that God would create only to allow some to perish. Wow. And, you can "tell me" anything you want, it does not make YOU right nor does it make me WRONG. I pray God will open your eyes and soften your heart.
Ok strawman argument here (typical) We do not take joy in the fact that people perish. God tells us that is what happens. Your beef is with God not me. And no, telling you doesn't make me right and you wrong, Scripture does.

You guys really have to do back flips to make your "doctrine" stick.
Not really.