The Man With The Measuring Line

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sunday 12-10-23 1st. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Kislev 24 5784, 78th. Fall Day

Zechariah 2

1 I lifted up mine eyes again, and looked, and behold a man with a measuring line in his hand.

2 Then said I, Whither goest thou? And he said unto me, To measure Jerusalem, to see what is the breadth thereof, and what is the length thereof.

3 And, behold, the angel that talked with me went forth, and another angel went out to meet him,

4 And said unto him, Run, speak to this young man, saying, Jerusalem shall be inhabited as towns without walls for the multitude of men and cattle therein:

5 For I, saith the Lord, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her.

6 Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the Lord: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the Lord.

7 Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest with the daughter of Babylon.

8 For thus saith the Lord of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.

9 For, behold, I will shake mine hand upon them, and they shall be a spoil to their servants: and ye shall know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me.

10 Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the Lord.

11 And many nations shall be joined to the Lord in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto thee.

12 And the Lord shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.

13 Be silent, O all flesh, before the Lord: for he is raised up out of his holy habitation.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
12 And the Lord shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.

The Hebrew word translated as "land" in this verse is from the Hebrew Root word H:0127 which has the meaning of "Soil." If we consider the Parable of the Sower, when the seed was scattered in the soil of the field it grew and produced 30, 50 or 100 times its yield.

So perhaps this verse should read thus: - "And the Lord shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy soil and shall choose Jerusalem again."

In Ezekiel 34, God's prophetic word is that when God gathers Israel to Himself that He will plant them in a fertile field/soil, and will teach them on the religion of Israel, where they will be living in the valleys and ravines beside the rivers scattered throughout all of the earth.

Because of Israel's obsession with the possession of "Promised Land" which was finally stripped from them because of their continual Idolatrous worship, the translators have mistakenly translated words with the embedded Hebrew Root Word H:0127 as land instead of soil.

This certainly leads to a wrong understanding of God's purposes for Israel during the End Times.

It is my understanding that Jerusalem will be chosen once again after the Final Judgement when the New Jerusalem comes down out of Heaven and rests where Jerusalem is today.

Shalom

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Hebrew word translated as "land" in this verse is from the Hebrew Root word H:0127 which has the meaning of "Soil." If we consider the Parable of the Sower, when the seed was scattered in the soil of the field it grew and produced 30, 50 or 100 times its yield.

So perhaps this verse should read thus: - "And the Lord shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy soil and shall choose Jerusalem again."

In Ezekiel 34, God's prophetic word is that when God gathers Israel to Himself that He will plant them in a fertile field/soil, and will teach them on the religion of Israel, where they will be living in the valleys and ravines beside the rivers scattered throughout all of the earth.

Because of Israel's obsession with the possession of "Promised Land" which was finally stripped from them because of their continual Idolatrous worship, the translators have mistakenly translated words with the embedded Hebrew Root Word H:0127 as land instead of soil.

This certainly leads to a wrong understanding of God's purposes for Israel during the End Times.

It is my understanding that Jerusalem will be chosen once again after the Final Judgement when the New Jerusalem comes down out of Heaven and rests where Jerusalem is today.

Shalom
Shalom Jay Ross, His plan shall work out for itself.

Love, Walter