The Messiah will not make his voice heard in the streets

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Isaiah 42:

2 He will not cry out or raise His voice, nor make His voice heard in the streets.
This verse is supposed to be Messianic.

But then in John 2:

15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.
How do these two verses reconcile?

Matthew answered in 12:

15 Jesus, aware of this, withdrew from there. And many followed him, and he healed them all 16and ordered them not to make him known. 17This was to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah:
18“Behold, my servant whom I have chosen, my beloved with whom my soul is well pleased. I will put my Spirit upon him, and he will proclaim justice to the Gentiles. 19He will not quarrel or cry aloud, nor will anyone hear his voice in the streets; 20a bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not quench, until he brings justice to victory; 21and in his name the Gentiles will hope.”
Isaiah prophesied the meek character of Christ. He did not preclude that the Messiah would exhibit his strength at times.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 42:

This verse is supposed to be Messianic.

But then in John 2:

How do these two verses reconcile?

Matthew answered in 12:

Isaiah prophesied the meek character of Christ. He did not preclude that the Messiah would exhibit his strength at times.
In Isaiah 42, does this proclamation stand forever, or is it temporary?