The near too happy thread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
As far as happy it can get without the need for drugs. What will getting high accomplish anyway? I've heard that if you ever want to sell drugs, never take what your selling. Now that sounds like good business sense (Good?) See what I mean by how that word is used. How can selling addictive drug's be good? So let me re-phrase that: I've heard that if you ever want to sell drugs, never take what your selling. Now that sounds like evil business sense.

People, please use the correct good/evil switch for which is really honest to the reality of what you're buying into.

Last edited:

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
F n F man your ads are screwing up my navigation and texting experience. I just lost my post because, you don't care do you. I am wasting my energy even typing these letters out. I could be doing something else with my keyboard like you know guy stuff. I had a whole post about a made up word pufferlyfish and your ads ruined it. Never mind it was pointless waffling, like I'm doing now. Do you find this funny :) I do too and I hope it turns you on, there is nothing more important than that.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My personal suspicion is atheists and agnostics being more prone towards drug and substance abuse in contrast to theists.

Whatever negative toll drug abuse is having on society, it is likely hitting atheists and agnostics the hardest.

Reactions: Patrick1966

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
My personal suspicion is atheists and agnostics being more prone towards drug and substance abuse in contrast to theists.

Whatever negative toll drug abuse is having on society, it is likely hitting atheists and agnostics the hardest.
Believing can have similar effects as drugs do, as it releases the same happy chemicals in the brain. It's true, look it up.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believing can have similar effects as drugs do, as it releases the same happy chemicals in the brain. It's true, look it up.

There are times when I have gotten good and positive feelings attending church.

But I suspect drug and substance abuse is closer to the sensations people get when they're in love.

Those who have some type of love in their life are less prone to drug use.

While those who lack love, might turn to drugs in an effort to fill the void.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
There are times when I have gotten good and positive feelings attending church.

But I suspect drug and substance abuse is closer to the sensations people get when they're in love.

Those who have some type of love in their life are less prone to drug use.

While those who lack love, might turn to drugs in an effort to fill the void.
I know exactly what you mean. Plus we need those happy chemicals to release naturally, not be induced by some artificial method. Sad I had to learn that the hard way. I think music can become a euphoric sensation, there are times when I listen to music my eyes feel like there burning.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom

Drug Use among Christians

"The Huffington Post reported on the results of an unscientific poll of 1,012 drug users, sorted by the different spectrum of religious belief covering practicing Christian, agnostic, and atheist. The results of the survey had 95 percent of self-reporting Protestants and Catholics admitting to smoking marijuana, more than the 94 percent of atheists who did so. Harder drugs like cocaine were used by only 30 percent of Christians, and 30 percent of Protestants and a slightly smaller amount of Catholics said they used prescription stimulants, narcotics, psychedelics, and hallucinogens recreationally.

As many as 75 percent of the Catholics and Protestants who admitted to drug use agreed with the statement that “drug-induced spiritual experiences can be positive for individuals,” and that experiencing a high had spiritual value. Some people admitted to buying drugs at their church. Under 20 percent of Catholics, and more than 15 percent of Protestants, admitted to attending church services while under the effects of cannabis. This suggests that despite the potentially protective effect of religious belief, “the grip of addiction does not discriminate based on religion.”