The New Man - Newness of Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The New Man - Newness of Life

Now the OSAS peoples will claim that anybody that does not embrace their false doctrine by only reading their favorite few happy verses will claim they are trying to earn their salvation by doing good works, and by stopping sin in their lives.

Some actually claim that if one does not continue living in sin, they are trying to earn their way to Heaven. All such foolishness is not biblical. Even though God's Word says He forbids that we continue in sin, that grace may abound (Romans 6:1,2)

Christians are called, and ordained by God to put off the old man and to walk in newness of life. To be a child of obedience, not a child of disobedience. The wrath of God comes upon the children of disobedience. (Colossians 3:5,6)

Here’s a few scriptural truths to consider that the OSAS peoples either don’t want to talk about, try to explain away, or will come up with some excuse to claim these scriptures aren’t for Christians today.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

It's not a matter of trying to earn salvation thru good works... It's a matter of being obedient verses being disobedient!

Those that accept the calling of the Lord and become new creatures in Christ Jesus abiding in Him doing good works by the power of the Holy Spirit within as the Lord leads... these are true children of God.

Those claiming to be saved not walking in obedience have rejected the ordination and calling of the Lord and are the children of disobedience who refuse to put on the new man and walk in newness of life to stop being servants of sin...

Colossians 3:5-9
Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Ephesians 4:24
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Romans 13:14
But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Hebrews 9:14
How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
Romans 6:4-6
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Colossians 3:5,6
Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

As these scripture references indicate, those not accepting the calling of the Lord to be led by the Holy Ghost into walking after the new man are in disobedience... which will NOT end well for them unless they repent of their sin and get with the Lord's game plan!

These OSAS peoples are really mixed up so we need to remember to pray for them so they pull their heads out of their hinder quarters and see the truth of the whole counsel of God.

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I didn't think too many of the OSAS peoples wanted to weigh in on this one... pretty hard to make the claim we are not called to obedience...

Unless one is one of those goof balls that go around claiming there is a problem with Lordship Salvation in which they claim Jesus does not have to be one's Lord to go to Heaven.

That's really sad that these people be letting 'ol slewfoot in their head like that. :stageright:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In Christ I have been made new, I am a new creation. The old has gone. There is no more old me.
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

• Love
Reactions: mailmandan

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly... unless one does not separate themselves from the world and continues in sin or goes back to living in sin.

Those that do that are NOT accepted by the Lord!

2 Corinthians 6:16,17
And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God; as God has said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people....Therefore come out from among them, and be separate, says the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. (in the OT see: Exodus 29:45-46, Ezekiel 37:27)

The Father's purpose for creating mankind was / is to be with us, and share Himself with us!
(see: 2 Corinthians 6:16,17, Ezekiel 37:27, Leviticus 26:12, Zechariah 2:10-11, Psalms 68:17-18, Isaiah 12:6, Psalm 46:4-7, Revelations 21:3, Luke 1:68, John 1:10-14, Ephesians 2:7)

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Christ I have been made new, I am a new creation. The old has gone. There is no more old me.
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

Unless... it's one of those OSAS peoples that live in sin who just "claim" to be a new creature in Christ while living like the devil.

Sadly, there's a bunch of this going around and it causes others to stumble as well.