The next generation is here.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gosh I hate thinking about this stuff.
But I don't like to put my head in the sand either.
What's the difference between that caliber you said and a shot gun?
(lever action 357 or 44 mag) Does mag stand for magnum or magazine??

A rifle shoots a single bullet. The 357 and 44 designation is the size of the bullet. Yes, mag stands for magnum which means the shell containing the powder is longer with more powder, thus stouter.

A shotgun shoots different size pellets. The smaller the number the larger the pellet. In other words a #4 shot is larger than a #8 shot. The smaller the pellet the more pellets are involved. #8 is many small pellets. #00buck is like 6 to 9 ball bearings.

The gauge of the shotgun is also the smaller the number the bigger the gun. In other words, a 20 gauge is smaller than a 12 gauge.

What are your gun laws for your pistols? Can you carry one in your purse or on your person?

For your home, I would get a 20 gauge pump shotgun. If you can only get a rifle, I would get a 357 lever action rifle. Get the shortest you can get for maneuverability in the home.

Stranger

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK.
I'm not there.
Are you telling me there's a BRAND NEW Star Trek series coming out?
Do you remember when those dumb producers wouldn't make a Star Trek movie because they thought it wouldn't make money??

th

Yeah I remember when the makers of Star Trek wanted to put it on the shelf and forget about it. They had the keys to Fort Knox and didn't know it.

Here's a preview of the new series. It looks good.

o

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Yeah I remember when the makers of Star Trek wanted to put it on the shelf and forget about it. They had the keys to Fort Knox and didn't know it.

Here's a preview of the new series. It looks good.

o
I can't see it here.
I'll check it out on youtube later on.
I hope it's just not made up characters.
The original actually told sci fi stories that had morals and themes. It was good. The first movies were good too.
I hated some of the following weekly programs. Can't even remember them all.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ah, well i am not finding "shoot your enemies" in Scripture anywhere, you'll have to help me out there i guess
Stranger is right in that a cop isn't going to show up at your door in a minute.
Too many things are happening.
It seems like the law is made for the lawful,
criminals don't care about the law.

Jesus did say to be as wise as serpents and as gentle as doves.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The majority of the west is falling, but those in persecuted nations are rising, this might be a great shifting of the earth, never before we have heard of more and more Muslims turning to Jesus in the Middle East, African nations, Asia, they are seeking the help of God because of tough times they go through, and are getting many miracles as a result.

Since I was born, I can say things are getting worst too in the west, it may not be war, but there is a rising of anarchists, protests, people that got no respect for the law, and people that got no respect for God, there's a rise in worldliness, and a decrease in godliness, there's a rise in atheism, and decline in Christianity, and a growing condemnation of Christians on media. We desperately need the great revival to come here to Australia, nation-wide and we need to pray for more godly politicians.

Last edited:

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Politicians who live on the gospel, are Holy Spirit led, that take God's advice and does things to please God, I hope I have given you a good enough idea haha.

I don't believe a true christian could ever make it in politics. Their faith would be compromised at every turn. Politics is a part of the world. Politicians are the ones that are trying to rid the world of Jesus.

Just a thought.

o

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
well, He admonished Peter for using a literal sword under the most ideal circumstances, Stranger's precious self-defense, like what one chapter later or something right
He admonished Peter in the garden, and gave them different directions when He sent out the Apostles in Mathew 10. Maybe because Jesus was still here on Earth...? No one can know this for sure.

But in Luke 22:36 Jesus was leaving the apostles and He did tell them to buy a sword.
People were attacked as in the parade of the good Samaritan.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I don't believe a true christian could ever make it in politics. Their faith would be compromised at every turn. Politics is a part of the world. Politicians are the ones that are trying to rid the world of Jesus.

Just a thought.

o
"politicians for Jesus" lol, there's a scary thought