The Nine Harbingers and the collapse of America

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I have met Jonathon Cahn .... his book has been out for almost 2 years now ... he makes some good parallels between what happened in Israel when they turned their backs on God and what is happening in the USA as it loses its strong Christian values.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
In his commentary about Jonathan Cahn's book The Harbinger, Dr. Jim Eckman states the following:

For those of us who love God’s Word, The Harbinger is a sad book. Cahn has taken an obscure verse in one of the most magnificent chapters of the Bible, Isaiah 9, which applies to Messiah Jesus, and turned it into an allegory that talks about America. This is not a “mystery” that applies to America and there is no “Isaiah 9:10 Effect” as the book implies. In Isaiah 9:10, Cahn has not discovered some esoteric mystery that has been hidden for 2,700 years. He has taken a verse that has nothing to do with America and through the twisting of words, through stretching the meaning of words and through downright misrepresenting the text of Scripture, caused people to believe directly or indirectly that God is speaking to America in this verse—and to our doom if we ignore it.

The Harbinger has a legitimate message—America needs to repent. It is a nation that God will hold accountable for the pervasive nature of sin in this country. But, that is the message of the Gospel itself. Humans are sinners; Jesus came to die for that sin; we appropriate that finished work of Jesus Christ by faith. The simple Gospel message is missing in The Harbinger—and that is a glaring omission, for it is the key to America’s repentance—not heeding an obscure mystery found in Isaiah 9:10 that has nothing to do with America.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I think Jim Eckmans commentary is flawed from the beginning ...... Rabbi Jonathan Cahn is not directly applying Isaiah 9 to America ..... all he does is show some intriguing parallels of Isaiah 9 to what is happening in modern day America.

Regardless .... "The Harbinger" is a good book with a stern warning for America to .... "Turn your hearts back to God"

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Arnie Manitoba said:
I think Jim Eckmans commentary is flawed from the beginning ...... Rabbi Jonathan Cahn is not directly applying Isaiah 9 to America ..... all he does is show some intriguing parallels of Isaiah 9 to what is happening in modern day America.

Regardless .... "The Harbinger" is a good book with a stern warning for America to .... "Turn your hearts back to God"
I agree with you Arnie and we can make those parallels because of God's Word.

Ecc 1:9 That which has been [is] what will be, That which [is] done is what will be done, And [there is] nothing new under the sun.

When did you meet Jonathan? Was he up here?

God bless.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Trumpeter said:
I agree with you Arnie and we can make those parallels because of God's Word.

Ecc 1:9 That which has been [is] what will be, That which [is] done is what will be done, And [there is] nothing new under the sun.

When did you meet Jonathan? Was he up here?

God bless.
Branson Missouri Nov 2012 ..... at the Morningside TV studios

BLACK SHEEP

May 24, 2013
Cahn takes Isaiah 9 completely out of context. He also say's 911 happened because it was God's judgement upon America.
He's another doomsday false prophet who perverts the Word of God. But those who think America is Babylon fall for it!

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
BLACK SHEEP said:
Cahn takes Isaiah 9 completely out of context. He also say's 911 happened because it was God's judgement upon America.
He's another doomsday false prophet who perverts the Word of God. But those who think America is Babylon fall for it!

Question asked by Timothy: Lord, is the United States “Babylon”, as many churches believe?

[Answer from God The Father] The United States will fall, fall to the antichrist.
In one hour will I bring total destruction to the throne of the beast, that great city of harlots and every unclean thing. Not to your nation, for I had blessed it and made it strong... Even so does it go the way of evil, and under My punishment does it remain. Yet of it, I will not make a total end... Though it receive harsh correction and severe punishment at My hand, I will not make a total end. So then, I will take My people out of it and let it go its way. Doomed as it may seem, many more of My people will I take out of it, in the years remaining... Babylon it is not.

As you study My Word, do you not know I am with you?... Also, I am bestowing understanding...

Speak aloud, listen, understand, feel what is right...
Put the world out of your mind.

Read the words and have understanding...
See the Word’s meaning... Trust in your heart.

Follow your instincts, for it is not instinct at all,
But I, The Father, speaking to you from that place deep inside,
That only I know and have made for you, so you may know Me.

From this day forth will I give understanding to you, Timothy, and wisdom to your wife do I also give. Each time you read My Word, and take to heart those words of The Son, will more be given to you. Write down what you have learned, and watch the meaning come to light...

My words are for all peoples to hear and understand...
If they so choose to love Me...

Then will their eyes be opened and their ears unstopped.

My words are what they are... No more, no less...
I would have told you if this was not so.

I did not set them before you as a puzzle or riddle to be unraveled...

But rather a gift, a light, so one does not have to grovel in the dark.

So leave behind all your preconceptions...

And just believe.

Excerpt from:
The Gift of Discernment
http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5?title=The_Gift_of_Discernment

BLACK SHEEP

May 24, 2013
Trumpeter said:
Question asked by Timothy: Lord, is the United States “Babylon”, as many churches believe?

[Answer from God The Father] The United States will fall, fall to the antichrist.
In one hour will I bring total destruction to the throne of the beast, that great city of harlots and every unclean thing. Not to your nation, for I had blessed it and made it strong... Even so does it go the way of evil, and under My punishment does it remain. Yet of it, I will not make a total end... Though it receive harsh correction and severe punishment at My hand, I will not make a total end. So then, I will take My people out of it and let it go its way. Doomed as it may seem, many more of My people will I take out of it, in the years remaining... Babylon it is not.

As you study My Word, do you not know I am with you?... Also, I am bestowing understanding...

Speak aloud, listen, understand, feel what is right...
Put the world out of your mind.

Read the words and have understanding...
See the Word’s meaning... Trust in your heart.

Follow your instincts, for it is not instinct at all,
But I, The Father, speaking to you from that place deep inside,
That only I know and have made for you, so you may know Me.

From this day forth will I give understanding to you, Timothy, and wisdom to your wife do I also give. Each time you read My Word, and take to heart those words of The Son, will more be given to you. Write down what you have learned, and watch the meaning come to light...

My words are for all peoples to hear and understand...
If they so choose to love Me...

Then will their eyes be opened and their ears unstopped.

My words are what they are... No more, no less...
I would have told you if this was not so.

I did not set them before you as a puzzle or riddle to be unraveled...

But rather a gift, a light, so one does not have to grovel in the dark.

So leave behind all your preconceptions...

And just believe.

Excerpt from:
The Gift of Discernment
http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5?title=The_Gift_of_Discernment
You must think you're something really special.

Well Babylon is Babylon. The only other thing it can be equated with is false religion. It has absolutely nothing to do with America.
Babylon the Great is Islam....the world's largest and most evil false religion. People try to associate America and the harlot and with the statue of Liberty and call NYC "that great city" which is utter foolishness. America isn't killing Martyrs nor does it have the blood of the saints on it's hands and it never will. The Babylon mentioned in Jeremiah 51 is literal Babylon.

[SIZE=14pt]Babylon has a golden cup full of abominations[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Jer 51:7[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] Babylon [hath been] a golden cup[/SIZE] in the LORD’S hand, that made all the earth drunken: the nations have drunken of her wine; therefore the nations are mad.

[SIZE=14pt]Rev 17:2[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine[/SIZE] of her fornication.
[SIZE=14pt]Rev 17:4[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup[/SIZE] in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

[SIZE=14pt]The Babylon of Jeremiah and the Babylon of Revelation both have this golden cup. The wine represents spiritual fornication, or turning away from the true God, Yahweh. All the earth is involved with both Babylon because it is the same Babylon. Nothing has changed.[/SIZE]

http://heavenawaits.wordpress.com/babylon-is-still-babylon/

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just bought and read the book this last week. Passed it on to a niece this afternoon.
The Rabbi did stretch the truth a little. His first harbinger, the breach in the wall, was placed as the attacks of 9/11/2001, but there was an earlier and successful terrorist attack by Islamic radicals upon the World trade center in 1993, the year after I began my current job and which included work down at the towers. (Not to mention the fact that Washington DC was successfully attacked and burnt to the ground during the war of 1812)
That 1st attack did take a number of lives, including Port Authority Police officers working at that facility, and destroyed some of the parking substructure at the site. The terrorists had intended to undermine the foundation of the towers so that they would fall out over the city, but their car bomb was of relatively low yield explosives and not placed in a position to do the required damage. After that attack, the public safety department issued a pamphlet with a picture of the two towers on the cover, and over the two towers was superimposed a bulls eye. The pamphlet was intended to increase employee awareness of the potential threat and of measures taken to increase site security. The successful attack of 9/11/2001 was planned by people with a greater knowledge of engineering than in the first attack. Since there are 3 metropolitan airports within a very short distance of Manhattan, two of which have daily international arrivals, the terrorists could've taken control of the aircraft just prior to landing and diverted them to their targets, but instead flights were taken and diverted with full fuel tanks. Since jet fuel isn't explosive until its been vaporized and will only cause an explosion if the vapor is contained, the attackers were planning on the fuel causing a massive fire and doing structural damage within the buildings.
Also the Assyrian connection was flawed. Osama Bin Ladin was a Saudi and a descendent of Abraham through Ishmael, not a blood descendant of the Assyrians.
Also Rabbi Cahn presents the assumption that the speeches made by our Government representatives quoted scripture while ignorant of the meaning. Since any of us has a tremendous library of online information at our finger tips, its more than a little silly to think that the speech writers, and proof readers didn't investigate the implications of anything that was said.
You have to ask the question "Why would practitioners of free-masonry quote scripture foretelling judgment against a nation, given that as free-masons they tend to be familiar with verses in scripture about building things?" Perhaps defiance of God is an important part of the advancement process in free-masonry as claimed by exposés on the secret society. Perhaps the motto "order out of chaos" requires some chaos before "order" can be imposed.

I enjoyed reading the book and found that the message of Rabbi Cahn was in agreement with what I've believed for most of my life, even though the plot seemed contrived and a bit too theatrical. When the Lord does something, He gives the message of warning to His prophets before the events occur, not after. Judgment on America, focusing largely upon a few major cities that represent all that is bad about the nation, has been given by messengers of all sorts since long before the events of 2001 and continues after, because that day was only a warning of things to come. Prophets of doom are common, but those who point the way to God's grace are less so. I believe that the book's real target was summed up in the last chapters, an attempt to present the gospel of salvation through faith in the Son of God, even our Lord Jesus Christ, to a non Christian audience. To that extent I can laud the book for it's message, fiction but rooted in truth and with the only way to salvation under heaven. I'm considering buying additional copies on-line and having them delivered as gifts to friends and family that might take the time to read it, especially those living in the metro area.
One of the radio ministries that I enjoy listening to comes out of a church in downtown Manhattan. The Pastor that hosts the radio show had referred to Manhattan jokingly as "Babylon on the Hudson" for quite a while, but has stopped doing so. I think that he may have finally realized that there is little to joke about in that title. It's a dangerous city to live in under any circumstances, but I wouldn't want to find myself in Lot's shoes.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I am one who would never go so far as to say God purposely caused 911 as an action against Christian America.

But we must all agree it was an abrupt wake up call for us to see Islam's true color .... they are anti Christian and anti semetic .

The only difference is that they have been a sleeping giant who we never paid much attention to

The giant no longer sleeps and we now pay attention

I feel Islam plays a big part in the anti-christ endtimes

I feel Islam plays a big part in the endtimes pounding of Israel

And it is all part of Gods plan

including the 911 wake up call for us

and promoted by satan who loves to hate Israel and Christ

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Arnie Manitoba said:
I am one who would never go so far as to say God purposely caused 911 as an action against Christian America.

But we must all agree it was an abrupt wake up call for us to see Islam's true color .... they are anti Christian and anti semetic .

The only difference is that they have been a sleeping giant who we never paid much attention to

The giant no longer sleeps and we now pay attention

I feel Islam plays a big part in the anti-christ endtimes

I feel Islam plays a big part in the endtimes pounding of Israel

And it is all part of Gods plan

including the 911 wake up call for us

and promoted by satan who loves to hate Israel and Christ
The documents written by the founding fathers of the United States all tend to suggest an abiding belief in the God of scripture, but whether or not they were Christian is questionable (the nation was founded by a rebellion against legal authority: not strictly a Christian concept).
The Old testament prophets had a lot to say about nations (other than Israel) coming into judgment (or avoiding it). According to scripture, those things which we as a nation have approved, are cause for God to judge the nation with destruction, starting with our failure to provide justice according to God's covenant with Noah and his descendants, and ending with the wholesale slaughter of unborn innocents. I don't know that I would say that God caused the attacks of 9/11, but He certainly allowed them within the context of His Sovereign plan for our nation, whatever that might be.
One thing that the scripture does declare is that God does nothing without first declaring it by His prophets. People in general, no longer believe in prophecy unless it comes by the way of someone with a crystal ball or Tarot cards, but song writers have sung about the judgment coming upon America, preachers have proclaimed it from pulpits, radio, and television, dazed homeless prophets have roamed the streets with placards proclaiming it tied around their necks, and kids have spray painted warnings on walls and billboards across the nation. Failure to proclaim the message has never been a problem, belief in it has. If you understand what Romans chapter 1 is saying to the world, you should realize that God's judgment is already manifested in part against the nation, in His abandoning us to our sin (national sin that is, such as the forced sanctification of perversion.) Short of a major revival, I don't see us having ten more years as a nation, but then, I've been expecting major calamity since I was a child (about 50 years now.)

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Faults and all , America can still rightly be called a Christian Nation , probably the biggest in the world per capita wise , mind you China is cooking pretty good with the Gospel recently.

No matter what the politicians do , there remains a solid core of Christians in America .

Canada was heading worse than the USA about 20 years ago , but now we have a better govt , Stephen Harper is a Christian and an economist (not a Lawyer) and he has slowly turned things around , but it is not easy.

The USA needs another Ronald Reagan to straighten things out.

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
God would have spared Sodom for ten good men in it.

America when we Christians are caught up to Jesus your judgment will come in ernest.

Repent now and go with us.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eric E Stahl said:
God would have spared Sodom for ten good men in it.

America when we Christians are caught up to Jesus your judgment will come in ernest.

Repent now and go with us.
Don't really want to rain on your parade Eric, but according to the book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ, the 1st resurrection doesn't happen until Jesus Christ returns in Judgment, so the "rapture" can't happen until then. All current "rapture" doctrine adds to the book of the Revelation, which is something which the reader is warned not to do. In any case, the "rapture" is actually about the glorification of the saints which must occur before they receive their inheritance with Christ in the coming Kingdom age. Corruption can't inherit incorruption, so those who are alive and remain at the return of Christ must be transformed and receive their glorified bodies.
15 “If I cause wild beasts to pass through the land, and they empty it, and make it so desolate that no man may pass through because of the beasts, 16 even though these three men were in it, as I live,” says the Lord God, “they would deliver neither sons nor daughters; only they would be delivered, and the land would be desolate. 17 “Or if I bring a sword on that land, and say, ‘Sword, go through the land,’ and I cut off man and beast from it, 18 even though these three men were in it, as I live,” says the Lord God, “they would deliver neither sons nor daughters, but only they themselves would be delivered. 19 “Or if I send a pestilence into that land and pour out My fury on it in blood, and cut off from it man and beast, 20 even though Noah, Daniel, and Job were in it, as I live,” says the Lord God, “they would deliver neither son nor daughter; they would deliver only themselves by their righteousness.” Ezekial 14:15-20
Just because the Lord promised that He would be gracious to Sodom at Abraham's request doesn't guarantee that a judgment will not come upon a wicked land. There will be at a lot more than 10 righteous on the Earth during the times of the Anti-Christ: There will be a multitude who will be saved, even though they will die under persecution.

Arnie Manitoba said:
Faults and all , America can still rightly be called a Christian Nation , probably the biggest in the world per capita wise , mind you China is cooking pretty good with the Gospel recently.

No matter what the politicians do , there remains a solid core of Christians in America .

Canada was heading worse than the USA about 20 years ago , but now we have a better govt , Stephen Harper is a Christian and an economist (not a Lawyer) and he has slowly turned things around , but it is not easy.

The USA needs another Ronald Reagan to straighten things out.
The current divorce rate is at least 50% among professing Christians in the US of A. Professing Christians in the US of A, such as our President, believe that abortion is justified rather than punishing a young unwed mother by making her have a baby. Professing Christians in the USA cheat on their income taxes, curse their elected officials and foment rebellion against lawful authority, approve of unnatural marriages, approve of sexual immorality and even actively participate in it. Being a professing Christian doesn't make a man righteous in deed nor even in spiritual reality. Much of professing Christianity in the US of A doesn't even believe that Jesus Christ is LORD, much less having received Him by faith.
20 “Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die; because you did not give him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; but his blood I will require at your hand. 21 Nevertheless if you warn the righteous man that the righteous should not sin, and he does not sin, he shall surely live because he took warning; also you will have delivered your soul.” Ezekial 3:20-21
I don't believe that Ezekial was speaking specifically about those who have been accounted as righteous by faith, but you would expect those who have received Christ to repent of their sin once it's been pointed out to them by the word of God, now wouldn't you?

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Group, I just finished reading this book and thought it was very timely and interesting. It doesn't have an "end times" viewpoint but I believe it should be read by all christians who will see the hand of God at work with this nation. I believe the "truths" he revealed are way more than mere coincidence. Regarding Arnie's point, while we may have way more than ten christians in our nation, the nation's reputation throughout the world is dependant upon our elected leaders who, fair or not, speak for the people. Our president announced to the world that we "are no longer a christian nation". I am one that believes America will become the Babylon of Rev. 17 and 18, although we aren't there yet. Judgment is coming, one way or another, and I certainly don't want to stand before God and have my friends, family and neighbors telling God that I didn't warn them, that I failed as a watchman! Would you?

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The following is a response to post #8 from this thread….

Mr. Timothy writes as though he has prophetic talents. As one ancient prophet once said, "we shall see."

Predictions are often more important to the predictor than what it is they are predicting. In this case Tim's vision is closer to 20/20 hindsight than to a forward view. In point of fact America IS Babylon the great, the whore of commerce with whom all the merchants of the earth prostitute themselves. And it was attacked and destroyed in a single hour. Here's my take…..

"Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as His divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with justice and it seems that I can hear God saying to America, 'You are too arrogant. If you don't change your ways I will rise up and break the back bone of your power.'"
- Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. (circa 1967)

Financial domination of the globe began for the US at the end of WWII. America was the only nation with an intact infrastructure and the manufacturing capacity to satisfy global post-war needs. And so America became the most obscenely wealthy nation in history. The problem financial, political and military leaders faced was how to maintain and expand this influence, this American hegemony, to every single corner of the planet. America came pretty close to doing it.

Since that time Western banking interests led by American bankers have fastened chains of debt upon most of the world. All banking clients be they private, corporate or national have been successfully programmed to believe that the way to get out of crushing debt is to assume more debt at better interest rates or deferred payment schedules. Nearly the entire world is involved in American debt based economy. Nearly the entire world has to prostitute itself to America and western banking interests to maintain its financial base. In other words, America is the greatest financial whore in history. We have sacrificed our honor, our liberty, our future and our reputation for fairness to gain this rather exclusive title and position in history. We have rebuked our birthright for a bowl of stew.

Whether this situation qualifies as the Biblical figure or not remains to be seen. History will judge as it always does. Consider this however, that no other entity in all of man's sordid history has ever risen to this level, a level that matches the Biblical allegory and figure. It's quite likely that none ever will again.

"The US government is the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today."
- Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. 1966

In one hour (actually about fifteen or twenty minutes) on the morning of September 11, 2001, the entire structure of the history of the United States changed forever. On that day an ironic attack was carried out upon the American financial and military structure. Controversy exists almost from the beginning as to who was responsible. Evidence to support the theory that two governments acted in collusion to execute the event remains thin. But what happened after the event is perhaps more telling than any piece of metal, bit of explosive or witness testimony. It happened on October 26th, a little over a month later. It was called the Patriot Act. The passage of that legislation and all the smaller court decisions and laws that followed effectively ended the Republic of America established by that same congress on June 21, 1788. In an odd twist of history, or perhaps by design as a template for the assumption of power, the exact same pattern happened in Germany in 1933. The Reichstag fire and the Enabling act which followed a month later destroyed the German Weimar Republic and led to the assumption of power of a fascist regime. As it was in Germany in the twentieth century so it was with America in the twenty first century.

Those who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants."
-William Penn

The republic was destroyed in a single hour and was replaced with a fascist police state. The great whore died in the midst of an attempt to seize power and influence the entire globe. For in that act the opposite was achieved. America has steadily lost its predominance in finance, military and reputation. In the summer of 2013 America and its allies lost a war with Russia presumably over the Syrian issue. Not a shot was fired and Russia won. But the issue wasn't really about a Syrian civil war, it was about financial power. Two global financial systems wrestled with one another. The western debt based financial system suffered a serious defeat last summer against eastern commodity based financial systems (gold, oil, natural gas & manufacturing). Jokes now circulate among us suggesting its time to begin to learn Mandarin Chinese or Russian. But are these jokes or are they the harbingers of a future financial cartel to rule us all?

The whore of western financial and military hegemony died in a single hour on 911.

We are all of us witnesses to the slow decomposition of its infrastructure. The dollar's purchasing power has dwindled and it is as though we are watching our wages leak through our fingers even as we try to hold onto it. Our liberty has passed away into history. None of the current generation can remember what it was like to live without government regulation, supervision, censorship of our words and communication, legal restrictions on the public expression of our religion, and laws defining how we can and cannot spend our money. Liberty is now an historic footnote and an unknown word. It lives not in America.

"The American people have no idea what is happening to them."
- Pravda

And the saddest thing of all is that most Americans are blind to the event or live in denial shrouded by endless email chains describing how 'it used to be' as though memory alone could restore a dead culture. To paraphrase the title of an old book, the American Republic and the civilization it created is gone with the wind.

If America was not or is not the great whore of financial Babylon, then I challenge anyone to come up with a plausible substitute. Something other than patriotic protest is in order at this level. Something other than Thomas' disbelief is necessary to grasp the truth of what has happened to us.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...