The Numbers Don't Lie...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As most of you know, I do a lot of work with websites. If you didn't know that, you now know. Anyways, I got to doing a bit of research earlier, and these numbers should make any Christian upset: (These are the number of searches done on a term at a select number of major search engines in June. This doesn't include Google so I think it's safe to say one could easily double, triple, or even quadruple the numbers.) Note: Some search terms are a little strong, nothing perverse here but I am illustrating a point. Christian TermsChristian: 558,086Christianity: 62,251Bible: 151,976Christian Dating: 104,939 (suprising)Lamb of God: 158,247God: 121,773*God Bless America: 10,804Bible Study: 36,733 * This obviously includes more that just searches for the one true God. nonChristian TermsAttorney: 1,567,519Rap: 1,544,701Sex: 8,903,789Gay: 1,126,495Shopping: 853,455"I'm in love with a stripper": 50,655Beer: 112,584Money: 701,667Fashion: 249,806Sports: 778,068 Abortion: 121,931Abortion Clinic: 43,150 Perversions of TruthDa Vinci Code: 283,126God is a Girl: 8,911 Source: http://inventory.overture.com/ Now I realize some terms are searched for research purposes above, but look at some of the numbers. They are absolutely staggering because they give you a snapshot of where society is.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
This was the first thing that came to mindand men (mankind ... men and women) loved darkness rather than light,

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed. What bothered me most was the searches done for sex - 9 million is a tremendous number especially when you can very probably double or triple it. All of the Christian terms above barely get 1/9th of the searches combined. I will point out that I left out some phrases with sex; it gets much worse for other keyword phrases. The numbers aren't as a big since I believe sex is one of the most searched terms on the internet, but the phrases get downright revolting. It's staggering even for anyone who truly understands what the Bible says about these last days.

Slython

Sep 9, 2006
I don't know what search engine you are using but my results are WAY different. I am using MSN live search.Christian - 80,596,821 Christianity - 8,157,568Bible - 30,561,539God - 80,507,819and you tell me conspiracy theorists are spreading false information

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you will kindly notice, this isn't search terms, these are actual searches according to Overture. The URL is provided above as well as an explanation of what the numbers are. Results on search engines mean very little (relatively speaking, of course) when compared to actual searches.
(These are the number of searches done on a term at a select number of major search engines in June. This doesn't include Google so I think it's safe to say one could easily double, triple, or even quadruple the numbers.)
Next time, please do read the entire post before accusing someone of something. Thanks.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A simple typo which has now been fixed, Overture is a common tool in the domain industry. I guess I'm just shocked by the quick judgement there, was just a little strange to me.

servant_of_the_end

Jul 15, 2006
This scripture immediately came to mind.Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

Slython

Sep 9, 2006
Swampfox, I got the link working and you're right. My mistake. I guess that's why they say sex sells. People think of sex 80 times more then they think of God. I guess it is the flesh and spirit thing. Sex is a primal instict and God is usually a last resort. Lamb of God got an interesting score though.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Wow, this topic has caught my attention...Those nonChristian terms are high...and the Christian term are very low.That only shows the fact that it proves that God is right all the time...since His Words are in the bible.Mankind loves darkness over light in this world...