The Order of Things to Come

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
The Order of Things to ComeMatthew 24 is wonderful in that it provides us with the order of the things to come. This Chapter begins with the disciples raising the question that all Christians should be asking themselves.Matthew 24: 3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?" The next 25 verses provide details of the Tribulation period. Then in the 29th verse, Christ states: Matthew 24: 29 "Immediately after the distress of those days " 'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'…which denotes a period of time that lies between the Tribulation period and the Day of the LORD.Matthew 24: 30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. The prophet Joel confirms this:Joel 2:31The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the LORD come.The account of the two witnesses provides us with the duration of the this period in which “the sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood.“ Notice that there is a period of 3 ½ days (in which the two witnesses lay dead in the streets of Jerusalem) between the end of the 1260 days of the tribulation and the Day of the LORD ( when the two witnesses are resurrected). So the duration of when “the sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood” is 3 ½ days.Now notice:Revelation 6:12And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;Conclusion: the sixth seal will be fulfilled during that 3 ½ day period which lies between the end of the Tribulation period and the Day of the LORD. I believe that the seals, trumpets and vials are in order. If this is true, then the sixth and seventh seal, the trumpets and vials all take place after the Tribulation period.In Yehoshua,Guy Smith

Risen4meamp;amp;U

Oct 18, 2008
Revelation 3:10. "Because you have kept my command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world to test those who dwell on the earth."This verse is a promise made by Christ to one of His seven churches, the church of Philadelphia. The hour of trial Jesus speaks of in this verse is the period of time that our Lord calls the "great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be" (Matthew 24:21). Romans 5:9 "Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him." I Thessalonians 1:10 "and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, that is Jesus, who delivers us from the wrath to come." God will come for his Church suddenly at a time when we least expect it. For this reason, He instructs us to be ready, always prepared, and on guard for his coming. As those around us turn their backs on God, worshipping themselves, other gods, or false prophets instead, we should be looking up. We should have our spiritual lives in order, so that we might escape what is to come. Especially as we are now witnessing the beginnings of birth pains, God reminds us that we need to be in prayer constantly so that we will not be led down the other path and miss His coming.God felt it was so important for us to be alert and watchful for his coming that he reminded us several times to be ready. Matthew 24:42 "Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming." Matthew 24:44 "For the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will. Matthew 24:36 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone." Matthew 25:13 "Be on the alert then, for you do not know the day nor the hour." After the rapture of the Church, the tribulation will fall upon the Earth. For those of us who received Christ and were prepared for His coming, we can shout for Joy. The Lord has prepared a place for us and we will be with him always. Isaiah 26:19-21 "Your dead will live; their corpses will rise. You who lie in the dust awake and shout for joy. For your dew is as the dew of the dawn, And the earth will give birth to the departed spirits. Come, my people, enter into your rooms, And close your doors behind you; Hide for a little while, Until indignation runs its course. For behold, the Lord is about to come out from his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity; and the earth will reveal her bloodshed, and will no longer cover her slain." For me it makes much more sense to know God will come before the Trib. We know the Trib will be 7 years give or take, and the events that will take place, so therefore we would know when Jesus would be coming back. The bible says we are not to know day nor hour. So, makes more bibical sense to see that he could come at anytime before the trib. Verses all seem to be pointed to pretrib rapture.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Risen4me&U;60989)
...Verses all seem to be pointed to pretrib rapture.
That type of thinking will make you worship Satan instead.

Risen4meamp;amp;U

Oct 18, 2008
(Jordan;60994)
Nope it will not ever. I meant the verses listed there, not all of them in the bible. Nothing will Make me worship satan!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Risen4me&U;61053)
Very judgemental statement!!
Are you referring to me? How is it judgmental for me to warn you of believing in false doctrine would / will cause you / anybody to worship Satan?Matthew 24:29-30, Mark 13:24-26, II Thessalonians 2:3-4, and John 16:33.(Risen4me&U;61051)
(Jordan;60994)
Nope it will not ever. I meant the verses listed there, not all of them in the bible. Nothing will Make me worship satan!Mark 13:23 - But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
(Risen4me&U;60989)
Revelation 3:10. "Because you have kept my command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world to test those who dwell on the earth."This verse is a promise made by Christ to one of His seven churches, the church of Philadelphia. The hour of trial Jesus speaks of in this verse is the period of time that our Lord calls the "great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be" (Matthew 24:21). Romans 5:9 "Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him." I Thessalonians 1:10 "and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, that is Jesus, who delivers us from the wrath to come." God will come for his Church suddenly at a time when we least expect it. For this reason, He instructs us to be ready, always prepared, and on guard for his coming. As those around us turn their backs on God, worshipping themselves, other gods, or false prophets instead, we should be looking up. We should have our spiritual lives in order, so that we might escape what is to come. Especially as we are now witnessing the beginnings of birth pains, God reminds us that we need to be in prayer constantly so that we will not be led down the other path and miss His coming.God felt it was so important for us to be alert and watchful for his coming that he reminded us several times to be ready. Matthew 24:42 "Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming." Matthew 24:44 "For the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will. Matthew 24:36 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone." Matthew 25:13 "Be on the alert then, for you do not know the day nor the hour." After the rapture of the Church, the tribulation will fall upon the Earth. For those of us who received Christ and were prepared for His coming, we can shout for Joy. The Lord has prepared a place for us and we will be with him always. Isaiah 26:19-21 "Your dead will live; their corpses will rise. You who lie in the dust awake and shout for joy. For your dew is as the dew of the dawn, And the earth will give birth to the departed spirits. Come, my people, enter into your rooms, And close your doors behind you; Hide for a little while, Until indignation runs its course. For behold, the Lord is about to come out from his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity; and the earth will reveal her bloodshed, and will no longer cover her slain." For me it makes much more sense to know God will come before the Trib. We know the Trib will be 7 years give or take, and the events that will take place, so therefore we would know when Jesus would be coming back. The bible says we are not to know day nor hour. So, makes more bibical sense to see that he could come at anytime before the trib. Verses all seem to be pointed to pretrib rapture.
Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. How does "keep" mean rapture?keep G5083 τηρέω tēreō tay-reh'-o From τηρός teros (a watch; perhaps akin to G2334); to guard (from loss or injury, properly by keeping the eye upon; and thus differing from G5442, which is properly to prevent escaping; and from G2892, which implies a fortress or full military lines of apparatus), that is, to note (a prophecy; figuratively to fulfil a command); by implication to detain (in custody; figuratively to maintain); by extension to withhold (for personal ends; figuratively to keep unmarried): - hold fast, keep (-er), (ob-, pre-, re) serve, watch.Also I guess the whole armour of God is to fly away.Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; Eph 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:You are listening to the traditions of men that make void the Word of God..