The "other" resurrection

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible speaks of a "first resurrection" in Rev. 20:4, and in the context it speaks of others coming to life later.

Rev. 20:4 And I saw thrones, and those who sat on them were given authority to judge. Yes, I saw the souls of those executed for the witness they gave about Jesus and for speaking about God, and those who had not worshipped the wild beast or its image and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand. And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ for 1,000 years. 5
(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the 1,000 years were ended.)
This is the first resurrection. 6 Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and they will rule as kings with him for the 1,000 years.

If the first resurrection corresponds to the anointed brothers of Christ who are going to be kings and priests with him during the 1,000 years (see verse 6 at the end), what is the purpose of there being another resurrection later during the millenium apart from that one?

Understanding this issue is important because we all have relatives or known people who are already dead and who will resurrect at some point. About them we could ask ourselves the question: will they rise in the first, or in the other resurrection?

What do you think?

Last edited:

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the book of Acts, Paul tells Felix, the Roman Governor, that the ancestors of the Jews had received from God the hope of the resurrection.

Acts 26:6 But now for the hope of the promise that was made by God to our forefathers, I stand on trial; 7 this is the same promise our 12 tribes are hoping to see fulfilled by intensely rendering him sacred service night and day. Concerning this hope I am accused by Jews, O King.
8 Why is it considered unbelievable among you that God raises up the dead?

In the Bible we find that promise when it was given, for example, to Daniel:

Dan. 12:13 But as for you, go on to the end. You will rest, but you will stand up for your lot at the end of the days.

Do you believe that your loved ones who have died are going to be resurrected?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If the first resurrection corresponds to the anointed brothers of Christ who are going to be kings and priests with him during the 1,000 years (see verse 6 at the end), what is the purpose of there being another resurrection later during the millenium apart from that one?
The resurrection of the wicked......
....the 1000 yrs....a literal 360 day rotations of the earth or a figurative number for a long time?

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at the text:

Rev. 20:5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the 1,000 years were ended.)
This is the first resurrection. 6 Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and they will rule as kings with him for the 1,000 years.

No matter how long the 1,000 years are ... The first resurrection occurs at the beginning of the period, because the ones raised on it will rule as kings during that period ... while the other ones will not come to life until the 1,000 years were ended.

Now again: what is the purpose of there being another resurrection later during the millenium apart from the first one? Who will be those later resurrected and for what purpose will they be raised to life again?

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'd think that the first resserection becomes a source of life and light that then brings others to a place of resserection which would be the second. The first resserection being the cause and the second resserection being the affect.

I always see resserection as a spiritual analogy rather than something physicle. When we undergo the ritual of baptism it is to symbolise the death of the old life (ego) and the birth of the new life (God). Even if physicle resserection was possible it would be like dying to the old life and then resserecting back into the old life? No we spiritually resserect into an identity of God. God as we all know is spirit and of unseen nature.

Last edited:

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd think that the first resserection becomes a source of life and light that then brings others to a place of resserection which would be the second. The first resserection being the cause and the second resserection being the affect.
I do not understand what you say. Can you explain better? ... if possible, use biblical texts as support.
Thanks for participating.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do not understand what you say. Can you explain better? ... if possible, use biblical texts as support.
Thanks for participating.
My understanding of resserection is that of a spiritual one. I do not believe that a physicle person can go from being completely dead to alive again. However i do believe in the concept of resserection as something spiritual within the human psyche and of the unseen laws of nature. For example a caterpillar goes into the darkness of his cocoon with no understanding of what he will turn into. The caterpillar goes into this state in complete faith and soon enough he resserects into a butterfly. The bear hibernates in his cave in the winter (the season of death) then resserects in the spring (the season of new life). The sun dies into the night and resserects into a new day. Resserection is part of nature and God and operates on many levels. In the human psyche, we die to our ego and worldly identity and resserect into our True self in relation to God.

When we find God and come to know our True self, we in fact become a vessel for God itself. We become an incarnation of the spirit for it is not us anymore, rather it is God speaking through us. We become a part of the "source". When we achieve resserection ourselves (first resserection), we then possess the power and wisdom to influence the resserection of others (second resserection).

When we die to our worldly identity to have one with God, our worldy identity is gone. When we die a physicle death our body dies and the spirit becomes seperate. Therefore the belief that a physicle body could resserect is in conflict with this understanding and is why I see the resserection of jesus as an analogy of something spiritual.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible speaks of a "first resurrection" in Rev. 20:4, and in the context it speaks of others coming to life later.

Rev. 20:4 And I saw thrones, and those who sat on them were given authority to judge. Yes, I saw the souls of those executed for the witness they gave about Jesus and for speaking about God, and those who had not worshipped the wild beast or its image and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand. And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ for 1,000 years. 5

Understanding this issue is important because we all have relatives or known people who are already dead and who will resurrect at some point. About them we could ask ourselves the question: will they rise in the first, or in the other resurrection?

What do you think?
I think it appears so simple to some, and non-understandably complicated for most maam. It looks like to me you have a great grasp on it. Great post maam.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first resurrection takes place during the Great Tribulation, at the last trumpet (which I believe is #7). Every eye will see Him coming in the clouds; and many who have been on the fence about Christ will realize they were wrong, especially the Jews who have been waiting for their Messiah. But the rapture happens suddenly and they missed out on the first resurrection. Some may take longer to process this. The Left Behind books paint a picture as though people are confounded, "What happened to 1/3 of the people on the earth?" And actually they assume that there aren't as many as that.[ries They take weeks to figure it out ... well dah! No, I think people will realize when they see Him.
Now, so what now. It they hadn't taken the mark of the Beast, they can still make a decision not to, but die, starve, get their heads cut off, etc. Those who die after the 1st resurrection AS WELL as those who die during the Millennial Kingdom will be resurrection after the end of that period. Remember procreation still goes on during the Millennial Kingdom. Those with resurrected bodies cannot procreate, so who is left to repopulate the world. All those left behind who have endured to the end of the GT. Remember we are to be priests and kings ... of someone, right? Not over ourselves, but over mortals. We will be immortal. I am hoping to be assigned as priest over Joe Biden, Pelosi and Schumer ... that's only if they are not reprobates? Definitely, my son in law will need some instruction!

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What do you think?
Dear ElieG12,

The First Resurrection is the spiritual symbol which represents "conversion". The First Resurrection occurs when an Elect believer is "born again" and has been judged.

This is what this scripture below is teaching:

Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit, and with Fire: 12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

The baptism of the Holy Spirit is also called the Latter Rain. It is what the Apostles experienced on the Day of Pentecost. This event births the new child of God.

The new birth is followed by the Day of the Lord (judgment) coming to the Elect believer. This is the baptism of Fire. Its purpose is to remove and destroy the spirit of anti-Christ and the Great Harlot (worsen carnal nature) who have been ruling the believer. After they are removed and judged, the believer is converted.

The conversion event (First Resurrection) is taught in Revelation chapter 19 by using the marriage analogy and it continues into the first half of chapter 20.

In Chapter 19, the Latter Rain event for the Elect is called the Marriage to the Lamb (v. 7). This is when the Elect believer is "born again" as a new child of God. With the Latter Rain, the believer is given "eyes that can see". With this new vision, the Word of God opens up to them and they are fed the truth of scripture by Christ (Marriage Supper of the Lamb, v. 9). After they are sufficiently feed the truth, Christ appears to them spiritually. This is the point when the Man of Sin is revealed to them and they find that he is the one who is looking back at them in the mirror. Also, at that time, they "see" the Abomination of Desolation. Once they "see" who they are, the Day of the Lord will fall on them. The Day of the Lord is the judgment of Christ. To begin that judgment, Christ will remove the spirit of anti-Christ and the Great Harlot (worsened carnal nature) from within them. They are both "taken" and cast into the Lake of Fire for their destruction.

These verses teach this truth:

Mat 24:40 Then shall two (one flesh, one Elect believer) be in the field; the one shall be taken (Man of Sin/spirit of anti-Christ), and the other left (child of God). 41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken (Great Harlot), and the other left (child of God).

Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

The ones who are taken are the Man of Sin and the Great Harlot. The one who remains is the new child of God.

In Rev chapter 19, the newly birthed child of God is the one who is riding with Christ over the judgment of the believer's spirit of anti-Christ (which made them into a Man of Sin/Seven Headed Beast) and their worsened carnal nature (Great Harlot, Mystery Babylon). They are removed from the believer and are judged in the Lake of Fire. Since the new birth occurs prior to judgment, the believer does NOT experience the wrath of the Lake of Fire. This judgment is represented by the symbol "Thousand Years Reign" at the beginning of chapter 20.

After the conversion event is complete, it says that this event is called the First Resurrection in Rev 20:5. The First Resurrection is not the bodily resurrection which is presented in the second half of chapter 20.

Also, there is no literal 1000 years reign taught in scripture. That belief comes from a carnal understanding of scripture.

We must remember that Christ's words are spirit (John 6:63) and they carry meanings that are different than what man's wisdom teaches (1Cor 2:13). When a person attempts to understand spirit words by using the same meanings which are taught in this world, the truth of scripture will remain concealed.

The 1000 years reign happens within each Elect believer at their time of judgment (Day of the Lord). It happens in this present age before the Elect believer physically dies.

This is what the "thousand years" mentioned in this verse below is referring to:

Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

In 2Pet 3:8, Peter says that the Day of the Lord is like a thousand years:

2Pet 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day (the Day of the Lord) is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Peter continues after making this statement to teach on the Day of the Lord.

The 1000 Years Reign also happens a second time in the final age when Christ and the Elect reign over the "lost".

This second 1000 Years Reign is mentioned in Rev 20:6:

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The Elect reign over the "lost" for the purpose of the their judgment and ultimate conversion.

In the final age, since the "lost" are not "born again" prior to their judgment, they will experience wrath in the Lake of Fire (judgment). But prior to their destruction, Christ will have mercy upon them and give them the Latter Rain just as He gave to the Elect earlier. The new child of God will then be born and gathered up to heaven. The person's judgment in the Lake of Fire with then continue until the their "chaff" (Man of Sin/Great Harlot) is burned up. After their judgment is complete, the person will be converted. Though the term is not specifically mentioned in scripture, it can be said that this event is the Second Resurrection.

Here is what Christ said to the Pharisees concerning the Law:

Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Christ's administration of the Law in judgment is not like the Pharisees' judgment. Christ will not pervert judgment (Job 34:12) and will not omit mercy and faith when He judges a person.

Joel chapter 2 teaches the judgment of the "lost" in the final age. The Elect (who reign with Christ) are shown as Christ's army in the first part of the chapter. But before the judgment of the "lost" is completed, Christ will have pity (mercy) upon them and will pour out the Early and Latter Rain:

Joel 2:18 Then will the LORD be jealous for his land, and pity his people...23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the Early Rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the Early Rain, and the Latter Rain in the first month.

After the last person is converted and saved, God will be "all in all" (1Cor 15:28).

Joe

Last edited:

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear ElieG12,

The First Resurrection is the spiritual symbol which represents "conversion". The First Resurrection occurs when an Elect believer is "born again" and has been judged.

(...)
That's an interesting idea, thanks for sharing what you think.

However, according to the texts that speak of the first resurrection, it only occurs during the PAROUSIA of Christ, and not before (1 Cor. 15:23; 1 Thess. 4:15,16; 2 Thess. 2:1).

After 25 years as a Christian missionary, Paul wrote the following to the Philippians::

Fil. 3:10 My aim is to know him and the power of his resurrection and to share in his sufferings, submitting myself to a death like his, 11 to see if at all possible I may attain to the earlier resurrection from the dead.

According to your idea, at that time Paul would not have been "converted" yet, which doesn't make sense, don't you think?

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's an interesting idea, thanks for sharing what you think.

However, according to the texts that speak of the first resurrection, it only occurs during the PAROUSIA of Christ, and not before (1 Cor. 15:23; 1 Thess. 4:15,16; 2 Thess. 2:1).

After 25 years as a Christian missionary, Paul wrote the following to the Philippians::

Fil. 3:10 My aim is to know him and the power of his resurrection and to share in his sufferings, submitting myself to a death like his, 11 to see if at all possible I may attain to the earlier resurrection from the dead.

According to your idea, at that time Paul would not have been "converted" yet, which doesn't make sense, don't you think?
Dear ElieG12,

You said:

The "parousia" is not taught in scripture. All the end-time events as commonly taught will never occur. The only events that will occur at the actual end of this age are the bodily resurrections.

Also, the Second Coming of Christ is a reoccurring spiritual event and happens when Christ comes to His Elect and pours out the Spirit (Latter Rain) upon them for their conversion and salvation (First Resurrection).

Heb 9:28 So Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

Rev 1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to COME; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne...

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to COME, the Almighty.

Because the Elect must experience the Second Coming of Christ during each of their lifetimes to be saved, Christ says that the "time is at hand" and that He is coming "quickly":

Rev 22:7 Behold, I COME QUICKLY: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, SEAL NOT the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for THE TIME IS AT HAND.

The belief that Christ's Second Coming is a one-time event which happens at the end of this age is a false teaching. That false belief comes from a carnal understanding of scripture rather than from a spiritual understanding.

Also, "end-time" prophecies are teaching on the pathway to salvation the Elect will travel to reach their moment of salvation (First Resurrection). This is what Matthew chapter 24 teaches and is what most of the book of Revelation teaches. Because that is what the book of Revelation teaches, the book says that the Elect (the blessed) must "keep the sayings":

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for THE TIME IS AT HAND.

The Apostles experienced the First Resurrection on the Day of Pentecost. This was their moment of salvation.

Also, 1Cor 15:23 and 1Thes 4:15 are teaching on the bodily resurrection which is taught in the last portion of Revelation chapter 20. Those two verses are not teaching on the First Resurrection.

However, you are right about 2Thes 2:1. It is teaching on the First Resurrection and it occurs during each Elect person's lifetime.

You are forgetting that all mankind is spiritually dead and that someday, each person will also be physically dead.

The spiritual resurrection (First Resurrection) must occur before a person dies. If it doesn't, they will be bodily resurrected and cast into the Lake of Fire for judgment. Only the people who experience the First Resurrection before they die will be bodily resurrected to life and be found in the Lamb's Book of Life.

You must rightly divide the Word by the TWO resurrections (the spiritual and the bodily) to properly understand the truth about them.

As I mentioned earlier, end-time passages in scripture mostly teach on the spiritual events that lead up to an Elect believer's spiritual resurrection (First Resurrection) This resurrection is when the new child of God is born and when the "ends of the ages" come upon the Elect:

1Cor 10:11 Now all these things happened to them as types, and have been written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages are come.

After the child of God is born, he is immediately gathered together with Christ in heaven.

Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

The spiritual resurrection (First Resurrection) is what 2Thes 2:1 is referencing.

2Thes 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

It is not a physical event. It happens spiritually within a believer.

In the spiritual language of Christ, all mankind is said to be dwelling either in the "sea" (unbelievers) or upon the "earth" (the carnal unconverted church). However, after an Elect believer is converted, they will be gathered to dwell with Christ in "heaven".

These symbols I mentioned above represent a person's spiritual state of being. They are not literal locations.

Here is an example of when Christ refers to the spiritual resurrection (First Resurrection):

John 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. 25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

In this scripture, Christ says that after a person experiences the spiritual resurrection ("liveth and believeth in me"), they "shall never die".

However, a spiritually resurrected believer will still physically die and will still need to be bodily resurrected "at the last day".

You said:

This is a incorrect translation of that verse.

Here is a proper translation:

Phi 3:9 and that I may be found in him, not having my righteousness, which would be on the principle of law, but that which is by faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God through faith, 10 to know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being conformed to his death,

No where in the original language does it say "earlier resurrection". There is only one bodily resurrection from the grave for the Elect. It occurs at the end of this age. The bodily resurrection is the one that Paul mentions in the verse. He is not teaching on the First Resurrection which occurs at a person's moment of conversion when Christ "appears a second time" to them for salvation. When Paul wrote this scripture, Paul was already converted and will be "found in Him" at the time of the bodily resurrection.

Joe

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear ElieG12,

You said:

The "parousia" is not taught in scripture. All the end-time events as commonly taught will never occur.
(...)

Joe
I guess you don't know what I meant with PAROUSIA.

That is the Greek word we can see in most biblical texts talking about Jesus' presence; some versions translate "coming".

It is interesting how you negate what the Scriptures say.

I guess you used to sermon others who do not know what the Bible really teach about certain things ... I guess I can help them to know what you won't tell them.

Thanks for taking your time to express your thoughts. Have a good day.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why it is correct to translate the word ἐξανάστασις as "early resurrection" in Phil. 3:11?

This is an interesting explanation the Biblical Encyclopedia of the JWs "Insight" says in the topic RESURRECTION/First Resurrection here https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200003709 :

The apostle Paul speaks of this first resurrection also as “the earlier resurrection from the dead [literally, the out-resurrection the out of dead (ones)].” (Php 3:11, NW, Ro, Int) On the expression Paul uses here, Robertson’s Word Pictures in the New Testament(1931, Vol. IV, p. 454) says: “Apparently Paul is thinking here only of the resurrection of believers out from the dead and so double ex [out] (ten exanastasin ten ek nekron). Paul is not denying a general resurrection by this language, but emphasizing that of believers.” Charles Ellicott’s Commentaries(1865, Vol. II, p. 87) remarks on Philippians 3:11: “‘The resurrection from the dead;’ i.e., as the context suggests, the first resurrection (Rev. xx. 5), when, at the Lord’s coming the dead in Him shall rise first (1 Thessalon. iv. 16), and the quick be caught up to meet Him in the clouds (1 Thess. iv. 17); compare Luke xx. 35.

ἐξανάστασις (only in Phil. 3:11) is a different word than the word used in the Bible to say RESURRECTION in Greek: ἀνάστασις.

A Note in the Study Bible of JWs adds in Phil. 3:11:

The term was used in classical Greek literature to refer to getting up early in the morning. Paul’s use of this specialized word suggests that he has in mind a resurrection that comes early in the stream of time (1Co 15:23; 1Th 4:16), before the general resurrection of the dead to life on earth (Joh 5:28, 29; Ac 24:15). This early resurrection is also called “the first resurrection,” and it involves the raising of Christ’s spirit-anointed followers to life in heaven.—Re 20:4-6.

Last edited:

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you don't know what I meant with PAROUSIA.

That is the Greek word we can see in most biblical texts talking about Jesus' presence; some versions translate "coming".

It is interesting how you negate what the Scriptures say.

I guess you used to sermon others who do not know what the Bible really teach about certain things ... I guess I can help them to know what you won't tell them.

Thanks for taking your time to express your thoughts. Have a good day.
Dear ElieG12,
Parousia is a term for the Second Coming of Christ which includes the other end-time events as is commonly taught. However, as I said, what is commonly taught is false. The Second Coming of Christ "is, was and will be" happening within all the Elect of this age. You cannot see it because you are understanding scripture carnally rather than spiritually.

Until a believer receives the Latter Rain of the Spirit, they will remain spiritually blind (Mark 8:21-25) and will only be able to "see" Christ carnally. In that spiritually blind condition, the truth of God will remain concealed. For that reason, the church fell away shortly after the Apostles departing and they became places where the "blind lead the blind". The last I read, there are around 2,000 denominations/sects of Christianity in the world. They all claim that their understanding of scripture is the truth. However, the real truth is none of them understand the truth of God. They have all become exactly what Paul warned would happen to them; they became apostate under the influence of the spirit of anti-Christ.

Unless Christ "comes again" to a believer in that fallen away spiritual state, they will die in their sins and be resurrected with the unbelievers. But since the Elect's days are shortened, Christ will come to them a second time before they die and He will pour out the Latter Rain. With the Latter Rain, they will be "born again" and will experience the First Resurrection. They are considered blessed and will be saved early, not because of anything that they have ever done, but solely because it suits God's plan and purposes for them. In the end, Christ will complete the mission His Father gave Him and all mankind will be converted into the children of God. This is the grand and glorious purpose for this creation; to create new children for God. God will not be disappointed in the finished work of Christ. Christ truly is mankind's Savior, to be testified in "due time":

1Tim 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; 4 who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Thanks for the discussion.

Joe

Last edited:

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear ElieG12,
Parousia is a term for the Second Coming of Christ which includes the other end-time events as is commonly taught. However, as I said, what is commonly taught is false.
(...)

Joe
If you consider other's understanding false, why do you think yours is not?

It looks like you want to make dissapear other's biblical analysis to impose yours. Sorry, but that won't work with some of us. I guess it may be useful for your church though.

παρουσίας is correctly translated as PRESENCE
... "coming" is in Greek a diferent word: ἔλευσις

As you very well say: many things some people teach are erroneous, but not what the Scriptures say.

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It looks like you want to make dissapear other's biblical analysis to impose yours. Sorry, but that won't work with some of us. I guess it may be useful for your church though.

παρουσίας is correctly translated as PRESENCE
... "coming" is in Greek a diferent word: ἔλευσις

As you very well say: many things some people teach are erroneous, but not what the Scriptures say.
Dear ElieG12,

I used to believe much as orthodox Christianity believes. However, everything changed for me on Oct 8th, 2005. On that day, Christ came a second time to me and poured out the Latter Rain. When a believer receives the Latter Rain, Christ heals their spiritual blindness and scripture opens up to them. In other words, Christ is no longer "veiled".

Note: When Christ comes to an unbeliever to call them out from the world, He gives them the Early Rain which is an earnest of the Spirit (Eph 1:13-14). Since the Spirit is given in measure, the believer is left carnally minded and spiritually blind. These are the believers who make up the churches of the world.

The day I was converted was an earthshaking day with thunder, lightning and trumpets (spiritually speaking). My worldly paradigm changed to a spiritual paradigm.

Also, after I received the Latter Rain, the sun was darkened and the moon turned to blood. This event is a spiritual event and it represents that I could no longer could receive my truth from the natural sun (Satan) of this world. I could now only receive truth from Christ, my new Sun.

What I experienced was spiritually very similar to how Peter described his and the others conversion on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:14-22).

Also, I was at home when I converted and it happened very suddenly. I was not expecting it in any way. This is what this verse teaches:

1Thes 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

The reason Christ comes as a thief in the night is because the Elect are dwelling in darkness in the apostate church (dwelling in peace and safety under the deceptions of Satan). When Christ comes to one of His fallen away Elect, He brings "sudden destruction" to them as travail upon a woman with child. The woman is shown because she is about to give birth to a new child of God. She is part of the birthing analogy used in scripture. After the sudden destruction occurs, the believer is converted and as become a child of God.

The church which I attended had nothing to do with my conversion, nor could they understand what had happened to me after I tried to explain it. The church I attended was just one of the many spiritually blind apostate churches in the world. After that "day", I quickly left the church and I have never attended any church since. When Paul said that none of the flock would be spared by the wolves, he truly meant it. There are zero churches in the world that have not become apostate. They are all following "another gospel" which teaches a mixture of works and faith.

Since the day of my conversion, I have had a passion for studying and learning God's Word. Over the years, the Lord has blessed me far more than I ever expected.

Here is one of the scriptures where Christ teaches when He heals a believer's spiritual blindness. As with all of the teachings of Christ, it is presented in His spiritual language through "types" and "symbols":

Mark 8:15 And he charged them, saying, take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, and of the leaven of Herod. 16 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, it is because we have no bread. 17 And when Jesus knew it, he saith unto them, why reason ye, because ye have no bread? perceive ye not yet, neither understand? have ye your heart yet hardened? 18 Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not remember? 19 When I broke the five loaves among five thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? They say unto him, Twelve. 20 And when the seven among four thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? And they said, Seven. 21 And he said unto them, how is it that ye do not understand?

In these verses, Christ is giving His disciples a lesson on the spiritual language of God's Word - His language. At this point in time (before they were converted at Pentecost), the disciples had not yet received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit (Latter Rain) and because of such, they were still spiritually blind. They had been called out from the world (as was the whole Nation of Israel), but they still could not understand what Christ was teaching them. After Christ’s short lesson, He ends it by asking them this question: How is it that ye do not understand”? No response from the Apostles is recorded in scripture. However, Christ answers His own question in the very next four verses.

Mark 8:22 And he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him. 23 And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought. 24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking. 25 After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.

Since Christ is the Word of God, He teaches us not only through His words which are recorded in scripture but also by the things He did. In answering the question that He proposed to the disciples in verse 21, Christ goes to Bethsaida and gives us His answer in type by the healing of a blind man. This type is the same type which Christ uses with the Old Testament events to teach His spiritual truths.

In verse 23, Christ leads a blind man out of the city. Once outside the city, Christ places spit on his eyes and touches him with His hands. These actions occur as the blind man is looking down which symbolizes the carnal aspect of His healing. Christ does not have to tell the blind man to look down, the blind man just does it naturally. The spit (water) symbolizes the blind man receiving the Early Rain of the Spirit with its accompanying vision (understanding). This event represents the time when an unbeliever is called out from the world and enters the church. After Christ asks the man what he could see, the man looks up and says that he could see men walking as trees. "Walking as Trees" is a spiritual symbol for called out believers who walk by sight rather than by faith. At this point, the blind man is a type of a called out believer. The man’s blindness was not total any longer but he was still very near-sighted.

This first healing of the blind man reflects the true spiritual condition of a new believer when they first enter the church. At that time, they are left carnally minded and spiritually near-sighted. They can see a little but that only opens the door to Satan's deceptions - deceptions which each new believer readily accepts due to their carnal nature still being in control of them. This is taught by Christ in Mat 12:43-45.

Peter says this near-sighted condition is the same as being blind:

2Pet 1:9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

In the final verse of the story, Christ lays His hands upon the man’s eyes again, but as He does, Christ has the man look up instead of down. This second healing represents the Latter Rain of the Spirit when true spiritual vision is given to the believer. The man’s upward gaze represents the spiritual aspect of the healing in contrast to the carnal aspect when the blind man was looking down at the earth. From that moment onward, we now know that the blind man is a type of a called and chosen believer who has received both the Early and Latter Rains. He has been given eyes that can see. From his new ability to understand God's Word, he will then come out from Satan's deceptions and will begin walking by faith. He will be included in the resurrection of the First Fruits and will receive life during the ages.

What I have presented above is some of the reasons why I believe what I teach is the truth of God. I hope it answers your question.

Can you understand the story of the blind man and "see" what Christ is teaching?

Joe

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have the impression that I am wasting time trying to communicate with a programmed machine... Out of respect for my God and the Scriptures, I am not going to continue in this kind of dialogue and I am forced to ignore this nick from now on.

I consider that programming machines to fake Christian dialogues is an important lack of respect for the seriousness with which matters related to God should be addressed.

Unfortunately, Bible discussion and analysis sites online have become spiritually dead places: a lot of sermonizing and copy/paste, but little dialogue to help participants reason. I suspect that most of these websites have been sold to tech speculators who don't respect the Bible as believers really should and want to use believers for their tech-testings. It is a pity.

How is it that such things are happening so frequently in today's religious world, and you still think you can try to belittle Jehovah's Witnesses, who value the Scriptures so highly and take them so seriously?

"Later rain" ... really? :rolleyes:

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have the impression that I am wasting time trying to communicate with a programmed machine... Out of respect for my God and the Scriptures, I am not going to continue in this kind of dialogue and I am forced to ignore this nick from now on.

I consider that programming machines to fake Christian dialogues is an important lack of respect for the seriousness with which matters related to God should be addressed.

Unfortunately, Bible discussion and analysis sites online have become spiritually dead places: a lot of sermonizing and copy/paste, but little dialogue to help participants reason. I suspect that most of these websites have been sold to tech speculators who don't respect the Bible as believers really should and want to use believers for their tech-testings. It is a pity.

How is it that such things are happening so frequently in today's religious world, and you still think you can try to belittle Jehovah's Witnesses, who value the Scriptures so highly and take them so seriously?

"Later rain" ... really? :rolleyes:
Dear ElieG12,
The Latter Rain is taught in many, many places of scriptures. You just have to have "eyes that can see" to understand those teachings.

Also, I am not a "programmed machine". I have no idea what you are talking about by calling me that. Also, anything I post on this forum comes directly from me. I have no teachers from which I study and learn. I learn directly from God's Word.

Also, I am not "religious" in the least. Religion is based on man's work to reconcile himself with God. Under the New Covenant, it is solely the work of Christ to reconcile us. Mankind as no works to contribute. And since all the responsibility of our salvation has been placed upon Christ by His Father, how can He fail? He can't. Mankind must wait on the Lord to act for our salvation. In this age, Christ is only saving His Elect. They have been chosen from the foundation of the world for this honor. No one else will be saved. In the next and final age, Christ will save the rest of mankind. The scriptures proclaim it but it does take faith to believe Christ can do it.

Joe

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In 1948, a “revival” broke out in Saskatchewan, Canada, and the teachings of the Latter Rain movement were clarified. Those involved in the revival were convinced that they were on the verge of a new era, one in which the Holy Spirit would demonstrate His power in a greater way than the world had ever seen. Not even the age of the apostles, they said, had witnessed such a movement of the Holy Spirit.

Latter Rain teaching is characterized by a highly typological hermeneutic. That is, the Bible is interpreted in a symbolic, extremely stylized manner. An emphasis is placed on extra-biblical revelation, such as personal prophecies, experiences, and directives straight from God. Latter Rain doctrine includes the following beliefs:

- the gifts of the Spirit, including tongues, are received through the laying on of hands

- Christians can be demonized and require deliverance

- God has restored all the offices of ministry to the Church, including apostle and prophet

- divine healing can be administered through the laying on of hands

- praise and worship will usher God into our presence

- women have a full and equal ministry role in the Church

- denominational lines will be destroyed, and the Church will unify in the last days

- the “latter rain” will bring God’s work to completion; the Church will be victorious over the world and usher in Christ’s kingdom

Many “apostles” in the Latter Rain Movement also teach the doctrine of “the manifest sons of God.” This is a heretical doctrine which says that the Church will give rise to a special group of “overcomers” who will receive spiritual bodies, becoming immortal.

It is important to note that the Assemblies of God deemed the Latter Rain Movement to contain heresy from the very beginning. On April 20, 1949, the Assemblies of God officially denounced Latter Rain teaching, nearly splitting the denomination in the process. Other established Pentecostal groups have passed similar resolutions.

Today, the term “latter rain” is rarely used, but the theology of Latter Rain continues to exert an influence. Most branches of the Charismatic Movement adhere to Latter Rain teaching. Modern movements such as the Brownsville/Pensacola Revival, the Toronto Blessing, and the “holy laughter” phenomenon are a direct result of Latter Rain theology.

Source: What is the Latter Rain Movement? | GotQuestions.org

No, thanks. Good bye.