The Path to a More Simple Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GROWinVIRTUE

Feb 19, 2015
Hi everyone,
Since February of 2014 I have been simplifying my life. Less possessions, and less distractions, with more focus on God and the things that bring my happiness.
Below is a link to an article I wrote about the subject. Would love to know your thoughts on the subject of minimalism and simplify too.

Article Excerpt: "When you dig deeper, you’ll find that it is quite similar to the lifestyle that God wants us to live. It’s about releasing yourself of all that is hindering you from experiencing a life that God calls you to. It is a call to action to rid ourselves of that, which is “unnecessary” in our lives, so that we may gain a strong focus on what really is necessary and what gives our lives true meaning."

God bless,
Alan

http://www.growinvirtue.com/path-simple-life/

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grow in Virtue said:
Hi everyone,
Since February of 2014 I have been simplifying my life. Less possessions, and less distractions, with more focus on God and the things that bring my happiness.
Below is a link to an article I wrote about the subject. Would love to know your thoughts on the subject of minimalism and simplify too.

Article Excerpt: "When you dig deeper, you’ll find that it is quite similar to the lifestyle that God wants us to live. It’s about releasing yourself of all that is hindering you from experiencing a life that God calls you to. It is a call to action to rid ourselves of that, which is “unnecessary” in our lives, so that we may gain a strong focus on what really is necessary and what gives our lives true meaning."

God bless,
Alan

http://www.growinvirtue.com/path-simple-life/

i have been reading about the life of George Müller, a Christian evangelist and Director of the Ashley Down orphanage in Bristol, England, which cared for 10,024 orphans in his life. He was well known for providing an education to the children under his care, to the point where he was accused of raising the poor above their natural station in life. He also established 117 schools which offered Christian education to over 120,000 children, many of them being orphans.

arold10

Jun 4, 2011
Homestead, Fl
Nice to hear that. I think that it's something that every believer has to do because we have a tendency to give priority to things that have no eternal significance. The Christian life is all about God, so He must be preeminent in everything we do.