The Perfect Translation of Scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only perfect translation of Scripture I know of is:

Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son.

Other than that, I like the king James.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only perfect translation of Scripture I know of is:

Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son.

Other than that, I like the king James.

I personally know of none that are perfect Bob. It is clear to me that Jehovah has accepted the King James Version of the Bible because He personally prevented His name from being removed from it. The translators were dead set on removing His name, but for some reason overlooked it in 4 places. I don't think they made a mistake in that, I believe Jehovah prevented them from doing that as that would be the chief means for hundreds of years that people would learn about God. Although I know of no translation that has removed it completely, after the New World Translation came out, and God's name became widely known throughout the earth, versions have been able to remove it in it's complete form. Do you find that interesting Bob?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I personally know of none that are perfect Bob. It is clear to me that Jehovah has accepted the King James Version of the Bible because He personally prevented His name from being removed from it. The translators were dead set on removing His name, but for some reason overlooked it in 4 places. I don't think they made a mistake in that, I believe Jehovah prevented them from doing that as that would be the chief means for hundreds of years that people would learn about God. Although I know of no translation that has removed it completely, after the New World Translation came out, and God's name became widely known throughout the earth, versions have been able to remove it in it's complete form. Do you find that interesting Bob?

I believe the God who has His Word written exactly as He wanted it by His prophets and apostles, also Had it translated sufficiently to know what is written for salvation faith and life without needing the original script, any more than needing to read them on the original stone with His own finger.

I also know that men will continue to corrupt the Word, and so there are corrupt translations as well, which is evident by the fact that some translations do contradict one another in matters of faith and doctrine. And so, I believe we ought to choose one translation above all others as the final authority for our faith in God; otherwise, we simply begin to pick and choose from different translations only what we want to read and believe.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Before you can have a perfect translation (even if that were possible) you have to consider what texts you are translating from.
The KJV for example is translated from corrupt masoretic texts of the 10th & 11th century for the OT, and the corrupt textus receptus for the NT.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the God who has His Word written exactly as He wanted it by His prophets and apostles, also Had it translated sufficiently to know what is written for salvation faith and life without needing the original script, any more than needing to read them on the original stone with His own finger.

I also know that men will continue to corrupt the Word, and so there are corrupt translations as well, which is evident by the fact that some translations do contradict one another in matters of faith and doctrine. And so, I believe we ought to choose one translation above all others as the final authority for our faith in God; otherwise, we simply begin to pick and choose from different translations only what we want to read and believe.
Yes sir, you and I believe the same way on this, although sometimes multiple versions can solidify truth of what is being said. Versions that you actually understand without having to do research on wht is being said would likely suit an individual best.