The pest

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I have a neighbour who's a practicing alcoholic, someone who loves drinking. When I first moved into my apartment, he verbally jumped on me. Basically I felt attacked by his prying questions about not disturbing his tranquility.

I was instantly put off by this guy, and I did my best to assure him everything will be cool. However later on when I was returning home, he jumped on me about the same thing a second time.

It was not a good start to the beginning of respectful communication, frankly this guy had me over thinking that encounter for a week.

I avoid him now like the plague, because on a few occasions he would jump me while I was going out my door. He'd talk my ear off without the slightest concern for what I was doing.

Since then he has got the message, but he's starting to play little head games with me. Testing my reactions, and being a pest on purpose.

I'm not very happy that I live next door to a drunk, but I guess what upsets me about him is how he wants to be a drunk. He even gloated about it the first few days I moved in.

I must admit it made me fume, as I can not understand how people accept the worst of themselves as if it was fine.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a neighbour who's a practicing alcoholic, someone who loves drinking. When I first moved into my apartment, he verbally jumped on me. Basically I felt attacked by his prying questions about not disturbing his tranquility.

I was instantly put off by this guy, and I did my best to assure him everything will be cool. However later on when I was returning home, he jumped on me about the same thing a second time.

It was not a good start to the beginning of respectful communication, frankly this guy had me over thinking that encounter for a week.

I avoid him now like the plague, because on a few occasions he would jump me while I was going out my door. He'd talk my ear off without the slightest concern for what I was doing.

Since then he has got the message, but he's starting to play little head games with me. Testing my reactions, and being a pest on purpose.

I'm not very happy that I live next door to a drunk, but I guess what upsets me about him is how he wants to be a drunk. He even gloated about it the first few days I moved in.

I must admit it made me fume, as I can not understand how people accept the worst of themselves as if it was fine.

What to you seems to be the worst may well be from his point of the best. There is such a thing as delusion!

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
What to you seems to be the worst may well be from his point of the best. There is such a thing as delusion!
These thing's are not the worst, my daughter's step father molesting her was the worst. For me and also her, so spare me your platitudes, okay.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These thing's are not the worst, my daughter's step father molesting her was the worst. For me and also her, so spare me your platitudes, okay.
I am sorry for her situation. I simply thought you were really interested in discussion. My error...
Give God the glory!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was that guy. Now I am not. Glad to be free of it. So are my neighbors. Addiction is crazy. It changes the entire chemical make up of your brain. The Hell of it is the selfishness. Thankfully, it can be overcome.

Reactions: Pearl

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I was that guy. Now I am not. Glad to be free of it. So are my neighbors. Addiction is crazy. It changes the entire chemical make up of your brain. The Hell of it is the selfishness. Thankfully, it can be overcome.
By the power of greyskull!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You might find it enlightening to spend some time studying the psychiatric term, "projection." LOL

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do enjoy your pain while your holy Messiah sits in the background doing nothing more than watch you turn inside out.
You are slowly, but steadily, revealing many of the ways you have screwed-up yourself with the Santa Claus and Genie-in-a-Bottle perceptions you hoped for a God.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You are slowly, but steadily, revealing many of the ways you have screwed-up yourself with the Santa Claus and Genie-in-a-Bottle perceptions you hoped for a God.
Listen to what I'm actually saying Willie.

If you honestly believe that in your faith Jesus can take away any and all infirmities, but this never happens to happen now. Then what is your faith in him, if it never works.

You'll hold on to false hope and suffer more, because you know that he can heal you in an instance, but will that instance will never arrive.

You only have 1 choice, to trust the world's way for some relief.

Those non-believing souls who will go to hell even after they've done more for you than Jesus ever did.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do enjoy your pain while your holy Messiah sits in the background doing nothing more than watch you turn inside out.

Not sure what you were learning all those times you claim to have been in and out of the church....

Because one of the very basic blessings of a converted man, is the Lord is ever present WITH a man going through hard times.

Glory to God,
Taken

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Not sure what you were learning all those times you claim to have been in and out of the church....

Because one of the very basic blessings of a converted man, is the Lord is ever present WITH a man going through hard times.

Glory to God,
Taken
Glory to life, Taken.